Fanart of many many Reborn characters

Aynil

Nice work so far! All of them look great, I'm seeing lots of cool poses (especially Victoria and Julia's). Liking Shade the most out of the bunch so far, but your interpretation of Charlotte is also pretty rad. She's really showing her personality there!
If you're indeed gonna be working on them some more, then I'd love to see it, I'm curious to see what they'd look like coloured/shaded.

The only thing that does stand out to me right now is that Luna is looking rather stiff. Not sure if that's what you were going for with her pose, but something about her upper body posture makes her look strangely rigid.

By the way, we've also got a fanart thread specifically for Reborn fanart, if you'd ever like to check it out c:

http://www.rebornevo.com/forum/index.php?/topic/8792-a-wild-fanart-appeared/

• Upvote 2

Thanks for all the encouraging words~! ^^

Now I know I'll keep making these :D

8 hours ago, DJWongTong said:

No Terra 0/10.

Haha :'D

Well there's gonna be, no worries

7 hours ago, Nagisa_Hideyoshi said:

Shelly's going to look like that in 1-2 years (She's 12 at the moment)...

Oh? I tried to make her look younger, at least younger than the rivals. But I guess I'll try to scale her down a bit more before making lineart. Thanks! ^^

7 hours ago, ZEL said:

The only thing that does stand out to me right now is that Luna is looking rather stiff. Not sure if that's what you were going for with her pose, but something about her upper body posture makes her look strangely rigid.

By the way, we've also got a fanart thread specifically for Reborn fanart, if you'd ever like to check it out c:

http://www.rebornevo.com/forum/index.php?/topic/8792-a-wild-fanart-appeared/

Yeah, I know.. ^^; I was going for a sort of "at your service" posture but I see I didn't quite nail it. Thanks for pointing it out, though :) I'll try working on it a bit more, maybe move her left hand away and also break the overall symmetry a bit.

And yeah, I saw that thread a while back and it seemed confusing back then and I kinda forgot about it... Hope it was all right to start a new one ><;

Oh don't worry, it's perfectly fine to post your art here, you're by no means obliged to use the thread^^ I only linked it in case you didn't know about it~
The front page of the fanart thread does seem a tad cluttered, but basically, you'd just post your art there as a reply. I mostly mentioned it because I know many people check it out when there's new posts, but it's really a matter of your personal preference.

As for Luna, I'm thinking she'll probably look fine once coloured and shaded, too; you can make her pose look more dynamic through that as well. I suppose part of why she looks stiff right now is because no shading makes it harder to see her bowing forward when she's seen from the full front. It'll be way more obvious in the finished art.
But I'm sure you'll figure out how you like it best c: I'm really liking these sketches~

Excellent work! I've always wondered what the Reborn characters would look like in more detail!

A little advice: If you want to give Luna the "at your service" maid pose, might I suggest putting her heels together? As an officer in my school's student corps (I can't describe it any other way), I can definitely say that stance matters.

Edited by Stryker Gryphus
  • Upvote 1

All right, heres the next cluster of sketches!
Say hello to my representations of: Samson, Ciel, Terra, Amaria, Titania, Adrienn, Hardy, Saphira, Laura, Blake, Cal, Arclight, Bennett, El, Sigmund, and Heather?

Spoiler

rebornwips2.jpg

I have no idea what Heather is wearing since her sprite is somewhat hidden behind the Salamence :'P But I think I can improvise...

Also I'm not content with Samson at ALL... -__- He's also difficult to interpret because of his pose. Maybe I'll completely redo that one.

El's jacket and Bennett's shirt are also a bit of a mystery to me ^^; (I think that's some printed illustration t-shirt or something?)

But otherwise I'm pretty content with what I've managed :DMy personal favourites are Terra, Titania, Blake, and Cal out of this bunch

Fun facts you notice doing this: nearly all Reborn characters have unrealistically massive amounts of hair and slim body types :'D Not that I mind, hair is fun to draw

Also the sheer amount of family bonds, which also adds a fun element to drawing since I get to make use of facial feature similarities >:}

Again, feedback is highly appreciated~ ^^

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

On 3.2.2017 at 3:54 PM, Stryker Gryphus said:

A little advice: If you want to give Luna the "at your service" maid pose, might I suggest putting her heels together? As an officer in my school's student corps (I can't describe it any other way), I can definitely say that stance matters.

That's actually a good tip! Thanks ^^

Since she was most in need of improving, I started making the finished pieces with Luna.

Here's finished lines with unfinished colors: (flat with simple shading)

//EDIT: deleted the image because there's a newer nearly same version in a post below --v

aaand I didn't maybe initially think the whole image upload limit thing through :I so urls to image hosting instead of uploading here from here on ^^;

Edited by Aynil
file sizes
  • Upvote 2

Tfw forgot I hadn't replied to this yet, rip. I meant to bc of Heather

Saphira looks absolutely badass in the sketch, I love it! Definitely my fave out of them, and I can't wait to see the finished art for her.

The coloured/shaded version of Luna also turned out lovely; as expected it's a lot more clear what her pose is supposed to be like now~

As for Heather's outfit:

Spoiler

thwrX9S.png maybe this helps a bit?

• Like 1

Okay, here's a progress update kinda thing.

I tweaked Luna's shading a bit more and got Radomus and Julia to the same stage B)

Spoiler

hUC3cFu.png

On 12.2.2017 at 4:40 PM, ZEL said:

As for Heather's outfit:

Reveal hidden contents

...is she wearing anything besides the shirt O_o

But yeah, that does help quite a bit ^_^;

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

These are just <3

Your style is unorthodox (while still cool might I add), but all 3 are consistent with each other, so I don't have any problems with them at all! ...except maybe the noses on Radomus and Julia, but that's probably just me nitpicking a bit too much. Oh, and it was an interesting choice to give Julia earrings :)

• 3 weeks later...

It's been a while longer that between earlier posts but here's one more colored and shaded ^^

Spoiler

VEwwvTJ.png

My progress on these has now slowed down lately due to some health issues though I'd like to be drawing these more :/

There are several things, but the biggest issue is something unidentified at home making my whole respiratory system go nuts. Might be dry air, cold air, or some allergy I don't know about (cat or dust maybe) or something else

So, to let myself heal I've been staying at a friends place mostly, without my digital art equipment :\

On 16.2.2017 at 11:49 AM, WujiKyurem said:

Your style is unorthodox (while still cool might I add), but all 3 are consistent with each other, so I don't have any problems with them at all! ...except maybe the noses on Radomus and Julia, but that's probably just me nitpicking a bit too much. Oh, and it was an interesting choice to give Julia earrings :)

Haha, I think I see what you mean but sorry not sorry :'D

The original art is sort of vague (or then I've missed something, far as I know there are the sprites) and I wanted to add some diversity to facial features. Also I like adding little details :}

Also thanks for the feedback~ ^^

Edited by Aynil
pun semi-intended
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 4

• 2 months later...

Your work is amazing! 

I especially loved the colored version of Shade, that's defiantly something I would hang on my wall. 

Not to mention that you made Ciel making a handstand which gives you extra points since I adore gymnastics. 😄

I think you depicted them really well, good job! 😉

PS:  Corey looks charming😄

• 4 weeks later...

Aaaand I'm here again~! Alive again \o/ The problem did turn out to be cat allergy T_T But now I've moved into a new place, another country even O_O

So, back to arting and here's a little progress something thingie to prove my aliveandbackness that I'll continue after I'm back from a trip in two weeks or so:

Spoiler

vic.thumb.png.f21afee7dc5f384bcb61888bb40ec365.png

(I really hope I'm doing justice to these awesome characters, hehe ^^;)

On 19.5.2017 at 6:12 AM, Piloswineseyes said:

I especially loved the colored version of Shade, that's defiantly something I would hang on my wall.

Thanks a bunch :D

But do wait until I finish it first~ >////<

• 3 weeks later...

It's great to see you back here again. Glad you got your health in order, sucks that your allergic to one of the most adorable creatures on the planet. Hope you enjoy your new place, and have an awesome time on your trip. Can't wait to see your next update.

• 2 years later...
On 2/12/2017 at 3:40 PM, ZEL said:

Tfw forgot I hadn't replied to this yet, rip. I meant to bc of Heather

Saphira looks absolutely badass in the sketch, I love it! Definitely my fave out of them, and I can't wait to see the finished art for her.

The coloured/shaded version of Luna also turned out lovely; as expected it's a lot more clear what her pose is supposed to be like now~

As for Heather's outfit:

Hide contents

She looks cute :3

On 1/30/2017 at 10:53 PM, Aynil said:

So I made 16 sketches of Reborn characters instead of sleeping tonight. I plan to make more and make each into a finished piece eventually but for now this is it.

So, my interpretations of Victoria, Cain, Fern, Florinia, Julia, Corey, Shelly, Shade, Kiki, Aya, Serra, Noel, Anna, Radomus, Luna, and Charlotte 😆

They're all in one cluster so beware a large file:

Hide contents

rebornwips1.png

Feedback would be nice ^^

I'll post more in this thread later when I've got more done.

I love the take on Shade, it looks soooooo nicely done

• 2 months later...
On 2/9/2017 at 8:37 PM, Aynil said:

All right, heres the next cluster of sketches!
Say hello to my representations of: Samson, Ciel, Terra, Amaria, Titania, Adrienn, Hardy, Saphira, Laura, Blake, Cal, Arclight, Bennett, El, Sigmund, and Heather?

Hide contents

rebornwips2.jpg

I have no idea what Heather is wearing since her sprite is somewhat hidden behind the Salamence :'P But I think I can improvise...

Also I'm not content with Samson at ALL... -__- He's also difficult to interpret because of his pose. Maybe I'll completely redo that one.

El's jacket and Bennett's shirt are also a bit of a mystery to me ^^; (I think that's some printed illustration t-shirt or something?)

But otherwise I'm pretty content with what I've managed :DMy personal favourites are Terra, Titania, Blake, and Cal out of this bunch

Fun facts you notice doing this: nearly all Reborn characters have unrealistically massive amounts of hair and slim body types :'D Not that I mind, hair is fun to draw

Also the sheer amount of family bonds, which also adds a fun element to drawing since I get to make use of facial feature similarities >:}

Again, feedback is highly appreciated~ ^^

They look aweseome as nut