[IC] TotMV:G2: The Ballroom (Travel Phase)

Chevaleresse

Solomon slowly but surely floats back down to earth, making sure to not 'accidentally' throw a couple of books down the midget's way before he said. "And that 'thing' you speak of is a gorgon named Dackly, who is actually a very nice woman who took time out of her busy schedule to help me deal with a certain cursed item."

"Aw, you'll make me blush, Solomon" Dackly says, her face not showing even a trace of the previous ugly form it took before, now back to being as smooth and cute as a button, her single giant eye blinking repeatedly as she cuts a look.

"Now Bend over." She demands of Solomon.

"I need your hair to make the Binding."

"...My apologies, then. I had not thought your purpose was so noble." He then turned his head towards Dackly, before turning it away again. He still did not trust her completely, but the others were clearly neither brainwashed, nor cultists. "My name is Cicivexa Vivivexa. I am an Adventurer by trade, and a Black Mage by profession. Long ago, people of my kind made many fell dealings with Voidsent, and having had to clean up after a couple of their mistakes has made me a bit more... I would have prefered to say say "receptive" to such threats, but it seems that I have instead made a mess of things." 

Navin slowly lowered his guard, dropping his hands and stepping back from the wizard as things seemed now to be under control, and it did not sound like there would be further violence. "There, you see? The situation does not merit violence. Now then... this is going to be something that you cannot continue doing. First of all, since none of us know a way back home, you are going to be stuck with us for some time. Ideally, you would find protecting the multiverse from the all-destroying monsters who would like to devour it a good goal and work with us, but you are likely stuck with us through no action of ours either way. Secondly, we all come from a very wide array of universes, and this means that we have a lot of different shapes and forms, and we have a lot of very different abilities as well. You simply cannot jump to violence, no matter what your world was like, because what your world was like is not necessarily going to apply here. Thankfully this was defused, but imagine if it had escalated, especially considering you were trying to fight several people. How do you imagine that would have gone?"

A grim countenance shone from underneath Cicivexa's brimmed hat. "Had you not appeared and successfully bested me in combat... I imagine that the others would currently be ashes in the wind. Uh, thanks for stopping me on that front." The grim countenance then shifted to a more neutral stance. "When I saw what I thought was a Voidsent conducting a dread ritual, I knew that my Aetheryte travel had been redirected for a higher reason, even if I was wrong as to what that reason was." The neutral stance then, again, shifted to one of pride. "I suppose my deeds have been recognized by the Twelve, have they not?"

Navin actually let out a little laugh -- a one not so much mirthful, not so much even mocking, more grim than anything else. "No, Cicivexa, you would probably be dead or unconscious. We have just come off of fighting an entire army bolstered with eldritch abominations and incredibly powerful magical beings, and each of the people in this room is as powerful as I am, probably more, really. The multiverse is drawing, I believe, from a wide net, and all of the worlds it draws from have strong fighters, heroes, villains, etcetera. This applies to everyone else outside of the room as well, and there are at least thirty or fourty of us in this castle, all told. As for the Twelve, or Voidsent, or Aetheryte, these are terms unfamiliar to me -- our worlds do not work the way yours do.

My name is Navin Mhasalkar, and I come from a world full of nations full of superheroes and villains, trying to cooperate with each other in organizations such as the International Union of Heroes or United Nations, to deal with the sudden rise of little supervillain dictatorships, or otherworldly threats. We also deal with their own little rogues' galleries in our own regions and cities, team up and sometimes fight piece meal, a kind of patchwork mesh of costumed vigilantes and criminals. I assume that what I have described is pretty strange to you, right, and some of the terms I've used as well? This would apply to every person here as well. We're not from where you are, Cicivexa, we have been drawn together from a great deal of places otherwise in completely separate realities."

Spicy HG let out a quiet sigh at the new comer's statement, well something between a sigh and a disappointed laugh.  She rolled her eyes at his assumptions of success. 

Fire?  Really?  Why did they always try fire first?

"Thank you, Navin.  For stepping in when you did, things probably would've gotten messy fast if you hadn't."

She turned back to the other side of the room where, presumably, Bridgett was still standing from evacuating the kitchen.

"Now where were we?  Oh right, what happened with the cookies?"

"Eh, I'm wearing like, three enchanted regenerative trinkets." She shrugs flippantly with a sweet grin.

"And Gozer here would have just started rock-blocking you while I pelted you with these." She glares at the slowly melting remains of ice magic, petrifying it to stone.

"I don't suppose you kept any Soft on you, just in case?"

"No, but I doubt that those trinkets would've worked on your cinder remains. What you saw was only me getting warmed up, no pun intended." He recognized "Soft" as a slang term for a Gold Needle, a common cure for petrification. This made him an ilm more suspicious of the gorgon's origins, but he was also slightly relieved that someone here could stand on a similar level as him, vernacular-wise. "Not to mention, your petrification didn't seem to be too effective in the heat of combat", he remarked while looking at the very same petrified blizzard spell. 

Edited by Unlurking Sentinel

During the back and forth between Dackly and Cicivexa, Navin's hands slowly migrated in the direction of his face, the Indian superhero eventually performing the legendary double facepalm. "I... I cannot imagine that you are doing yourself many favors here, Cicivexa. I would not assume that you are stronger than everyone else if I were you, but..." Navin sighed and put a palm to his face, again. "Oh, I am not any good at this sort of thing, anyway. Just... perhaps it would be a good idea not to make enemies with the people you are going to be fighting alongside for the foreseeable future..."

Bridgett had hide behind everyone when the new person started to attack Dracky once it calmed down she peeked her head out as Spicy started to talk to her "Umm...just like I said. I made some cookies and put them in the oven once it was ready to and it was heated enough. Then I went to clean up the mess but then after a bit smoke started to come out of the oven and then I ran over to open the oven but once it was open the smoke and the flames where to big for me to get close enough to get the cookies. So I thought that if I just blasted the oven away the flames and smoke would stop." Bridgett said blushing a lot as she explained it.

Liliya watched the fiasco unflinchingly. Like, she could have gotten involved, and man it would have been easy to avoid stuff, but why bother? The Navin guy had it under control quite admirably, no need to waste effort on something pointless like this.

"Did anyone record that, I wonder? Anyway, I dunno if I ever caught your name?" Liliya said to Bridgett before continuing, "But here's a little advice that my ma used to tell me; If you care about your house, don't leave the kitchen for more than 5 minutes while cooking. If you've got something on the stove, even shorter. It ain't a big deal, but you should keep it in mind for the future, maybe get some help with the cookies, from someone you trust of course. We don't want Dackly being the one helping with the cookies."

Solomon sighed a little as the little man seemed dead set to be one halberd short of reminding him too much of a certain someone, and he gave Dackly a bit of an odd look before he asked "Did you really have to leave that awkward pause in there Dackly?," in a slightly joking tone as he hovered out of the room with the crackpot in tow, and several rolling barriers of books behind him to try and ward off any potential attacks.

Cicivexa found that he had no response to Dackly's display of power. He simply stood there, silent, stewing in both resentment and regret. The fact that the gorgon hadn't killed him where he stood both assuaged his suspicions as to her intent and made him look all the worse in comparison, but that much he knew he had to accept. Overly contentious and trigger happy, that was certainly his fault, but outright ineffective? That didn't sit well with him in the slightest. 

Still, continuing to push the issue now could only ruin his already soiled reputation, and he couldn't risk angering Dackly in his current state, so this would have to be resolved another time. 

"So then, Navin, where do I... get started on the whole 'saving worlds' thing?"

Navin pulled his hands off of his face and began to speak, his expression becoming a bit more pensive. "Well, for now I am afraid that you are going to have to wait. The way that it seems to go is that this castle brings us to worlds that are in need in some way (and then there was this whole other incident with a diner, but I do not know what that was). We then fight said problem, which is a manifestation of the intrusion of a "Trespasser", which are the beings that are trying to devour the multiverse. At least that is how it went on the world we just left -- the Trespassers appeared to have corrupted several of the powerful beings we fought there, and once we defeated them we left. The castle takes some time to transit, and I do not actually know where it is going, so while it travels you will just have to wait and perhaps get to know some of the others in the group in a less confrontational way."

"I'm Bridgett," Bridgett said quietly at Liliya's chastizing "and I didn't leave the kitchen I was there the whole time. I just turned away to clean some of the dishes up and then the fire started and I had Mornings Arrow in there to help watch they let me know when the smoke started to come out of the oven." she said as she blushed and looked down at the floor 

Navin watched Cicivexa go, sighed to himself, and then scratched at the back of the head before lightly poking as best he could at his back and wincing. Then he somewhat sheepishly spoke up, turning to speak at... well, the general inhabitants of the area, really. "I... do not suppose that any of you have any healing abilities? I, well, I did intercept that fireball and it was a direct hit to the back. It is not, I think, particularly urgent, and if needed I can just bear it, but it would be rather painful and healing would be at least preferable."

"Well, uh, you did something wrong, and I'm trying to figure out what it is. Maybe when the smoke's clear we can go back in, and try making a new batch? With a little help this time." And Liliya'd probably get first dibs on the cookies if she helped make them. She nodded to herself, that was fair, there might not be enough to go around to everyone, and if she was an integral part of making sure anyone got cookies, it was only right that she have some priority in getting some.

"I picked up a potion of healing or something from the last world, but I'd prefer to keep that unless none of y'all can do anything. No offense, just makes more sense to keep the ones we can only use once for emergencies. Don't you make explosions or whatever? Shouldn't that have felt like a warm breeze?"