Gen 3 - Shiny Thread | Public Development

Jan

13 minutes ago, Jan said:

All right, so you've half-convinced me. Mostly with the Dusknoir. I think if we make these match Dusknoir's color, and we remove the flames from the hands (With the flame on the top staying) I think these can be considered done. 

Yes! I will try to do it tomorrow. But how should duskull be? With little flame or the will o wisp?

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

55 minutes ago, Jan said:

You'd also have to find a way to blend the pink in with the yellow.

After you said that I realised that the pink was really harsh, so I've tried dimming the pink down closer to the actual character and this is what I got (it looks a lot better):

Spoiler

296s mb_2.png296bs mj.png296s mb_3.png296bs mj_2.png

297s mb_2.png297bs mb.png297s mb_2.5.png297bs mb_2.png

If it doesn't work, it doesn't work. Doesn't bother me at all, like I said just for fun (I originally didn't think I'd be able to do it, but I did, so I'm proud of the fact that I was able to do it :) )

• Developers
40 minutes ago, Felcatty said:

After you said that I realised that the pink was really harsh, so I've tried dimming the pink down closer to the actual character and this is what I got (it looks a lot better):

Hide contents

296s mb_2.png296bs mj.png296s mb_3.png296bs mj_2.png

297s mb_2.png297bs mb.png297s mb_2.5.png297bs mb_2.png

If it doesn't work, it doesn't work. Doesn't bother me at all, like I said just for fun (I originally didn't think I'd be able to do it, but I did, so I'm proud of the fact that I was able to do it :) )

I'm pretty proud/impressed with the fact that you've been able to do this as well! If you're at this level this early on that means you'll be really good after practicing for a bit. After all, practice makes perfect and you're on your way! I'm extremely happy to help whenever needed :].

• Developers
9 hours ago, HYCROX said:

313(1).png313b.png314.png314b.png

Bugsies are done

And also why am I not credited for Gardevoir >:

It was originally given to Atticus but then handed down to you. It just wasnt updated is all. Also this  is pretty good. Approved.

54 minutes ago, KmK said:

So two different ideas for plusle and minun.

One I reversed the colours and the other I used different colours altogether.

Plusle:

Plusle.pngPlusle 1.png

Minun:

Minun 2.pngMinun 1.png

Wow I really like this. I think I'm going for the second option for both. (Blue for Plusle, Green for Minun)

• Developers
7 minutes ago, Siragon said:

Here comes the new version of the Torchic line, with less blue and more gold ! Mostly less blue. Ok, just less blue.

255 line.png

Got rid of the double post for you! No biggie. This looks pretty good, though. All I need are backsprites.

• Developers
18 hours ago, Cyanna Cyril said:

Hey Jan, gonna have to let you know that due to a bunch of things happening, I'm not gonna be able to finish the sceptile line. Sorry about that, but just too much going on right now.

No worries! You'll still be given credit for it. 

14 hours ago, Felcatty said:

@Cyanna Cyril I was wondering if this is what you may have had in mind, if so, I don't mind finishing it for you:
252s.png253s_1.png254s.png254_1s.png

This looks really great!

6 hours ago, Atticus said:

Ok, so a little update on Ludicolo:

Been really busy lately, classes started and other stuff. I didn't even start spriting - laugh -

But it SHOULD probaly be done by this week already.

No worries! Take your time. 

15 hours ago, Felcatty said:

@Cyanna Cyril I was wondering if this is what you may have had in mind, if so, I don't mind finishing it for you:
252s.png253s_1.png254s.png254_1s.png

I just wanted to say that these look really good. Only treecko stands out a bit though. Because the rest of the line has 'extra' colours (green, blue, red...). Maybe you can give the tail a different colour to match the other sprites? But it lookes amazing either way ;) 

Ok anyone with thoughts or opinions, I really don't want to lose Cyanna Cyril's original idea, going with suggestions I've made minor changes (mainly with the red and green) to the front sprites but hopefully it's effective:

252s_1.png253s_2.png254s_1.png254_1s_1.png

I've just finished the backsprites:

252bs.png253bs_1.png254bs.png254b_1s.png

Edited by Felcatty

Sooo, I tried to go with dusknoirs colours maintaining the burning eye. I think I should forget the flames for the first evo or making it smaller over the arms? Also what should the eye colour be?

Spoiler

....png

Things I could work to make better, diminishing the 1st flame is all it comes to my mind.

@Arkiel sorry for the long wait, I hope this goes in the direction you were thinking.

@Jan I must apologise, but I'll have to relinquish my claim upon the Slakoth line, as I won't have the time to finish it. Hopefully, someone with enough time can make something great of it, in the meantime, thanks for letting me participate in the sprite-making. It was quite a fun and fulfilling endeavor, while I had the time for it. 

• Developers
19 hours ago, Felcatty said:

Ok anyone with thoughts or opinions, I really don't want to lose Cyanna Cyril's original idea, going with suggestions I've made minor changes (mainly with the red and green) to the front sprites but hopefully it's effective:

252s_1.png253s_2.png254s_1.png254_1s_1.png

I've just finished the backsprites:

252bs.png253bs_1.png254bs.png254b_1s.png

These are really good! Approved!

18 hours ago, Anti_Hero said:

Sooo, I tried to go with dusknoirs colours maintaining the burning eye. I think I should forget the flames for the first evo or making it smaller over the arms? Also what should the eye colour be?

Hide contents

....png

Things I could work to make better, diminishing the 1st flame is all it comes to my mind.

@Arkiel sorry for the long wait, I hope this goes in the direction you were thinking.

I think the one on the far right should be fine. 

1 hour ago, Tartar said:

@Jan I must apologise, but I'll have to relinquish my claim upon the Slakoth line, as I won't have the time to finish it. Hopefully, someone with enough time can make something great of it, in the meantime, thanks for letting me participate in the sprite-making. It was quite a fun and fulfilling endeavor, while I had the time for it. 

It's no problem. I understand when people get busy. You'll still be credited for the shiny regardless!

5 minutes ago, Jan said:

It's no problem. I understand when people get busy. You'll still be credited for the shiny regardless!

Ah yes, could you credit Atticus for Gardevoir as well? I mean, he did claim it :^)

• Developers
Just now, HYCROX said:

Ah yes, could you credit Atticus for Gardevoir as well? I mean, he did claim it :^)

He did, but I don't think he actually worked on it. I only give credit to those who did work on it already. If they just claimed it and released it then they get no credit.