[IC] TotMV:G2: The Battered Hero

Chevaleresse

Theodore

"I usually try to stay at the back of a fight, so I think something light would be best. I'm not very strong, so a shield or blocking club would be pretty ineffective on me.

As for my abilities, I manipulate soundwaves to either benefit allies or detriment enemies."

Before Kyle showed up:

Hikari would  have walked right into Sachi, having been looking around the castle-tank and not really paying attention, if Ivory hadn't shoved her to the side. "Ivory, why- oh, sorry for nearly bumping into you, uh..." she paused. Everyone else seemed to be using given-name first, like in Western countries. "Sachi." 

Ivory gives Sachi a nod. 

Post-Kyle:

"Get your kid back...?" Hikari questioned. 'Kid with the spear' did somewhat apply to her too. "How would we do that? We're in another... dimension? World? You know what I mean."

10 minutes ago, kj1225 said:

"Hey you, kid with the spear."
Sadly, Kyle has found Sachi.

"You wanna help us get my kid back so that my crazy ex-wife doesn't get her?"

Sachi stares at him. He was the weird man who'd managed to get himself shot in the gut by shooting the reactor device- at least, that's what she thought it was, she'd never seen anything like it except in history books. She takes a step back, trying to process what he'd asked her.

"E-eh...?"

2 minutes ago, Twinwolf said:

Before Kyle showed up:

Hikari would  have walked right into Sachi, having been looking around the castle-tank and not really paying attention, if Ivory hadn't shoved her to the side. "Ivory, why- oh, sorry for nearly bumping into you, uh..." she paused. Everyone else seemed to be using given-name first, like in Western countries. "Sachi." 

Ivory gives Sachi a nod. 

Post-Kyle:

"Get your kid back...?" Hikari questioned. 'Kid with the spear' did somewhat apply to her too. "How would we do that? We're in another... dimension? World? You know what I mean."

Sachi is also a little shaken out of her reverie by this. She smiles a little.

"Oh. Uh, hi, Takino-san." 

Jade O'Duffle

Jade began his exploration of the ancient castle in the barracks. He checked the mess hall but as he expected it was devoid of anything eatable. Jade let out a sigh. "Guess I'm going hungry for a while." He had hopped there might have been something in there but hope only goes so far I guess. He had seen many castles in his time though most of them weren't as lavish as this. Jade usually runs into them between the bounties he takes on. Though most of them are run by robot folk. Seeing as he has nothing better to do at the moment he enters one of the barracks many housing rooms and plops onto one of their beds. Taking a little rest while he can.

Name: Crude Cult-like Spear
Description: A Golden Stone Rod Clutching a Blackrock seamlesly melted into it with a Groove holding a sharp splinter of poor quality metal, It's black surfaces hold Forbidden Writing that has emerged on their knapped surfaces, Barely held back by the Golden Stone's Holy Nature.
Type: Weapon
Damage: ???
Minimum Stats: 2 Str
Weight: ???
SYN/INT Threshold/Bonus:

???

Special Qualities: ???

Material Used

1 Sword Shard

Synthesized Blackrock

Synthesized Golden Stone

People Involved

Mar: 3 Int

Solomon: 9 Int

Mar Synthesizes the Materials with which to craft this, Consuming Solomon's Sword shard by Smacking it to make the edges harder and razor sharp, then Fashioning a Spear from the Golden Stone and Blackrock.

--

Name: Scale Cloak
Description: A Cloak of chainmail with metal scales attached, made from an odd metal, A small magical barrier has been infused into it's surface with sound
Type: Armor
Armor: ???
Minimum Stats: ???
Weight: ???
SYN/INT Threshold/Bonus:

???

Special Qualities: ???

Material Used

Bizarre Alloy

People Involved

Mar: 3 Int

Theodore: 5 Int

"Very Well.  I will Create A cloak of Scalemail from the surface of our Metal Boulder.  Use your sound powers on it as I strike, and I will infuse Mana attuned to my skin into it, to provide a barrier."

Mar Strikes the Lump of Metal, Cracking a layer of it into a scaly cloak as he infuses Skin Mana into it to create a magic barrier, locked in hopefully with Theodore's Sound Waves Altering the magic.

Edited by Hal Henderics

"Well, if we got here there's gotta be some way to get us back. Of course, it's probably safer for my kid if she isn't even on the same world so I'll probably just be taking her back here. I'm already planning on making this place a little more homey... Starting with an AC unit."

Kyle looks at the roof as he considers more modifications to make.

Theodore

"Sure. Just give me a sec to think of something appropriate."

After considering his options, he eventually settles on this. 

"Seeing as you said the material has some funky effects on time, I thought this might be appropriate. We'll see how it affects it."

Theo directs the sound waves at Mar's magic as it goes into the metal.

If someone nearby were to listen, they might hear the lyrics ringing out with significance: 

Far away, across the field
The tolling of the iron bell
Calls the faithful to their knees
To hear the softly spoken magic spell

Edited by S34N1C

Katsuo

Katsuo approached Alexandria. It wasn't exactly an interaction he looked forward to, but he felt it was necessary.

"Hey." He said to get her attention, "Gwaedu still doesn't like you."

Gwaedu spun around to indicate that this was quite true.

"But I figured I owed you my thanks for saving us. Twice." Katsuo continued, "So, uh, thanks twice."

Gwaedu begrudgingly added her own thank you in the form of a low whistle.

It was a bit unsettling to owe so many people, normally the only one he was indebted to was Jenny. But there was no Jenny here, and with so many in the group it was inevitable that a few of them would end up fulfilling her role. In the end he was grateful that there were at least people here for him to owe. Without them he might have simply died.

Katsuo

Katsuo didn't appreciate the sudden interruption, particularly when he didn't want to interact with most of this group in the first place. He shot a glare at the man and then returned his attention to Alexandria. He'd probably be willing to talk if he weren't already busy, he didn't have any reason to turn anyone away. What did this guy want with him anyways? Katsuo was a warrior, not a lawyer. Sending warriors to steal your daughter was not a good way to win a custody battle. Actually, come to think of it, this was the guy that had pissed off the reactor in the first place. Considering how he had acted there, it didn't seem surprising that he was being so self-centered here as well. The girl was probably in better hands with her mother anyways. If Katsuo were a lawyer he would be doing everything in his power to keep the girl away from this loose cannon.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, kj1225 said:

"Well, if we got here there's gotta be some way to get us back. Of course, it's probably safer for my kid if she isn't even on the same world so I'll probably just be taking her back here. I'm already planning on making this place a little more homey... Starting with an AC unit."

Kyle looks at the roof as he considers more modifications to make.

Sachi raises her finger. As much as she wanted to help, she wasn't particularly sure that him raising a child, considering what she'd seen him do, was a good idea.

Then again, I was raised by my older sister, so who a-am I to judge?

On the other hand, there were practical concerns. How were they even going to get there in the first place? What did that even involve? Too many questions to ask, even before the fact that he was asking a bunch of strangers to go help him rescue his kid.

Mio would likely die first before asking people she'd barely known for a day to rescue Sachi or Tatsuya. So, she decided to follow her lead.

"Um.....why do you need help? I-isn't the normal thing to do just to get a lawyer?"

Edited by ElfCollaborator

Kenta who has spent most of his time cleaning up the Mess hall looks around at his handy work. The tables though heavy were back in a standard standing position and the kitchen was back to it's clean and detailed state. The tools for cooking were organized and and detailed and the spoiled goods were bundled into a trash bag in a corner.  

"Probably won't be able to get supplies till we get into town."  He sighs and rubs the back of his head. 

Taking a seat at one of the tables he opens his duffle bag and pulls out all the stuff he shoved in there for emergencies. A set of jeans and a couple of t-shirts, his Armor body spray, two dirty magazines, his leather journal, the apron he was wearing, sneakers and a handful of rubbers. 

"Regardless of how this goes down... Im gunna need to make some stops."  He shoves it all back together in the bag and wanders into the hall a list he made of supplies for the kitchen in his hand. He looks at the individual on the wall ," I have a list of stuff for the kitchen and what not. Who do I give it to?" He asks no one in particular.

"I will point out that at this point I'm legally dead. Also, my wife is the one who controlled the money. And finally, my wife is the one who shot me in the back so I really don't trust her with my kid anymore. Actually, if it wasn't for that last part I wouldn't even be talking about it."

Kyle shrugs.

"Katsuo,"  Alexandria's optical sensors turn to him, her tone mostly flat.  Her fans start whirring again, but without noticeably raising the surrounding temperature.  If Katsuo's fairly good at reading people, it might occur to him that she'd hammed up her earlier display to intimidate him.  "I had not expected to see you again.  Regardless...  In battle, my dislike of you is irrelevant.  I may disagree with what you say and do, but your transgressions have come nowhere near revoking your right to existence.  All sapient beings have the right to exist, and to grow out of their mistakes.  With very, very few exceptions."  Her optics begin to glow faintly, a rich, royal purple.  "And I will defend that right, for you or anyone, until the last spark leaves my wiring."

In the area with Kyle and Alexandria and all the hangers-on, there's what kind of sounds like a person letting out an amazed whistle, but put through some old-timey (by future standards) synth processer as LOTUS lets out an impressed noise.

"Well, we've got an awful lot of people in here all of a sudden, don't we?"

"And... I don't think I've met most of you." Isobel chimes in.

She looks between the two conversations, decides Alexandria's and Katsuo's is probably more serious, and turns to Kyle and the two uncomfortable women he's talking to, addressing the latter.

"Ah... hello, I... don't believe we've met."

Edited by Powder Miner

Katsuo

Katsuo shrugged. He honestly could care less about his right to exist or whatever.

"Whatever reasoning is behind it, I'm still quite grateful." He said.

Gwaedu bounced in a very disgruntled manner.

"Hey, girl, play nice, she didn't do anything wrong." Katsuo scolded, "She's just as entitled to her opinion as you are. I honestly don't get why you're so upset, she's pretty much just worried about you."

Gwaedu somehow managed to cross her arms in defiance despite not having any appendages.

"Sorry she's being so rude." Katsuo apologized to Alexandria, "I was hoping she'd have calmed down, if only so she'd get angry and start talking again. She never talks."

Katsuo frowned sadly at this last statement. He still didn't know why Gwaedu had stopped talking to him, and until his previous meeting with Alexandria he had been used to it. But hearing her talk again, he missed when she did it all the time.

Halley watched as Mar and Theodore crafted the cloak. The lyrics went into her ears, but she paid them no mind. "Amazing! I would never imagine that a mere chunk of metal can have such strange qualities."

She decided to return later to check out the results, and left to see the other rooms in the Barracks. She found Kenta in an apron. "Hi, what's your name?" She walked up close. "Wait a sec, what are those in the bag? Are you hiding some loots from us?"

[14 vs 28]

Name: Crude Cult-like Spear
Description: A Golden Stone Rod Clutching a Blackrock seamlesly melted into it with a Groove holding a sharp splinter of poor quality metal, It's black surfaces hold Forbidden Writing that has emerged on their knapped surfaces, Barely held back by the Golden Stone's Holy Nature.

This weapon seems to whisper into your ear when you hold it.
Type: Weapon
Damage: 1d8+ choice of STR or SYN
Minimum Stats: 2 Str
Weight: 

INT Bonus: Maddening Strike: When wielded by a user with 10 or more INT, this weapon inflicts an additional 2d6 of psychic damage that bypasses RES.

Special Qualities: Eldritch Whispers: This weapon corrodes one's sanity simply by holding it. All status rolls (whether to resist or inflict them) are rolled twice, and the lower result is taken. Additionally, it inflicts 2+the wielder's level pure damage per turn, regardless of what actions the wielder takes.

After about fifteen minutes of rest, Edmond weariness had begun to disappear. It was replaced by an assortment of vague anxieties. None were really reasonable, but they incited him to get back up and prepare for when the castle reached it's destination. He returned to the main hall, uncertain what to do. After wandering past Hikari, Sachi, and an unknown newcomer, he decided to make his way through the reactor room, and into the entrance hall. There he stood at the side of the castle. He stuck his head out the door, looking for the town.

We should be arriving soon...

A slight breeze ruffled his hair as he stood transfixed by the passing landscape.

Edited by Strider