[IC] TotMV:G2: The Battered Hero

Chevaleresse

Theodore 

As the castle behind to rumble, Theo plays some loud, orchestral music, the kind you would hear when watching a rocket being launched. 

((I would put a link, but I can't right now. You get the gist of the kind of song I'm playing))

Isobel turns from the kid (whose presence still seems to disturb her a bit), and instead addresses this new voice. "Ah, hello...? It's funny, I really don't think any of us were introduced to each other... what's your name?"

LOTUS silently observes this other newcomer, for now, though given his track record it is perhaps not too likely that he will stay silent for long.

Edited by Powder Miner

Argent seems to realize something.

"oh wait. If we all got summoned here to fight monsters then we should all have ways of attacking. So let's get this out of the way. As a half incubus I have hellfire powers I can use to fight"

He demonstrates by makeing a little red and black flame dance on his fingertips as his eyes turn black.

"and I can channel the power of Artflen to use holy fire. But that's a little hard on my body so I'm not going to do that right now"

he extinguishes the flame and his eyes clear back to blue

So what do you guys do?"

"Kenta, doesn't really matter what I do. This place does have some cute girls though." Kenta winks at the woman nearest to him hoping that he can charm her a little. He takes a few minutes to fix some of the leather bands on his arms as he looks around the room at the various people and creatures that have all been joined together. 

"Greetings, it seems our numbers swell."

(9, 5) Mar is struck with a touch of inspiration, And this time, Channels mana into the skin of his hand, creating a clear liquid mana which looks just like sweat.  It seems to provide very minor protection, like a liquid barrier.

"I bear the arts of my tribe, I can strike an object with such precision as to perfectly fracture it in any way I please, and can do so to any tangible thing through my body's magic, be it Magic, Matter, or the Elements."

"It works better with a rock and some leather gloves, I don't like hurting my fists in my old age after all, I'm over 20 years old after all."

"Those with more vigor often do so though, yes. Or at least, they break them with Twisting and Bending rather than striking."

"I remember one fellow who would twist metal blades to crack screws and threading into the part he twisted."

Mar nods.

Edited by Hal Henderics

"well sometimes when I need to run from something or get a clear shot, I make my hellfire into a simi-solid net. I bet I can apply the same principle to a ball of hellfire, make it solid, and then you can fracture it. Maybe we could make a hellfire blade."

(the hellfire will go out if you don't maintain it.)

(proof of concept we can figure that out later)

Edited by Endlessblaze

The nearest woman to Kenta would probably be Isobel, who looks away more awkwardly than anything else, before answering Argent's question. "Uhhh, I can help out here and there, try to make things a bit smoother for you guys...? Let's see..." She riffles through her pockets and comes up with a poppy flower. "Oh, I've still got my tricofd poppies! I can help out with healing a bit, I guess."

LOTUS speaks up too, more confidently. "Neither of us are actually direct combatants, but I should be able to greatly increase our efficiency in combat with tactical analysis and advice. It's literally what I was made to do after all."

Edited by Powder Miner

Mar throws the rock at the Hellfire Pillar, assuming it works the first time, Mar has Argent Hold it as he breaks off pieces all around the Hellfire Pillar, Until all that remains is a solid Blade Core of Hellfire.

Hellfire Core: Add +2 Fire and Unholy Damage to attacks made by the weapon: A Glowing Core of Fire, seemingly frozen in time, it looks like a crystal, and is covered in ridges all around it.

3 Charges

Hellfire Shards: Shards of Hellfire, seemingly frozen in time.

"Oh, allies." Halley turned off her megaphone, somewhat disappointed. "Hi there! My name's Halley. Crime-fighting extraordinaire!"

She cast a glare at Kyle, before turning toward Mar, observing his work. "Oooh, swordsmithing. I've read some ancient novels about it before, but I'd never think that I'd be able to see such ancient technology with my own eyes!"

"Not Smithing at all young one, It is actually closer to Flintknapping, if you are aware of the term.  Many consider it to be more primitive than smithing, but they do not have the benefit of generations of knowledge and training.  Our Eldest Craftsmen were said to be able to shatter a marble block into a living thing, theirs skills were so heightened. And of course, any blade I make will be superior to that of a mere smith, it's planes hardened to near invulnerability, and it's edge sharp enough to split fine grains of sand."

Edited by Hal Henderics