[IC] TotMV:G2: The Battered Hero

Chevaleresse

Edmond was not surprised at these two latest arrivals. He looked up momentarily from the book, and spoke, "We all seem to have been gathered here from our home worlds. If the same has happened to you, it is likely that you are meant to join us. At the moment we are waiting for a man named Leon, who has a task for us."

The well dressed man nods and begins typing again. He seems to do this a lot with the speed at which his fingers move over the screen. He pauses and sighs before apparently deleting what he was writing. He eventually settles on something as he holds up the phone for the others once again.

Yeah, some chick in a tank top told me and the orc. So who are you guys then?

2 hours ago, ElfCollaborator said:

Sachi nods.

"W-we should probably join back up with everyone....."

"Right..." Hikari says.

Considering you have not actually left the building, are you not already 'with everyone'? Ivory contributes.

"Hm.  This seems to be a day for introductions, doesn't it?  I am Alexandria, Primus Councillor.  It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance."  Alexandria turns her active scanners on the new arrivals to make sure they aren't hiding something dangerous, but does absolutely nothing to outwardly indicate that she's doing this.

Mar nods.

"I am a hunter, and a gatherer.  I use my tools to secure food, medicine, and materials for my people.  My ancestor's secret methods allow me to turn the land into things stronger than the works of metal and man.  I am skilled with sword, knife, bow, spear, and many others, as I and many like me are acclimated to doing.  I bear only medicine and my tools.  But given time, I should gather up a supply of useful things to aid you all.  I look forward to this journey, and hope it should enrich our spirits."

Edited by Hal Henderics

The councillor would be quite perplexed to note that somehow the man is hiding a full length shotgun of most likely antiqudated design compared to her. The man himself nods at the explanation from Mar. He does take time to turn to Alexandria and tilt his head. He types out a single word.

Robot?

"... I believe I have been issued a challenge," Alexandria murmurs happily upon hearing Mar's words, "Excellent.  Nobody's had the bearings in far too long."

"It is good to know that we've picked up someone else with a level head," She continues in a better-projected tone, "And I suspect that after a few days or weeks in the field many of us will be grateful to have you along, weaponsmith.  But I must caution you against eating the fell creatures.  I've never seen a predator willingly touch their flesh."

"And I am an android, thank you very much.  You can tell the difference because a robot wouldn't feel offended about being called one.  Or about anything else, really.  It's a rather pitiful state of existence."

Edited by Zoe_Walker

The man nods and types something to himself. He then deletes it and types out something completely different.

Well, I'm Kyle. I'm a private contractor of sorts. Also, I only talk over the phone so if I could have your phone numbers... or equivalent things.

He rather presumptuously holds out his hand to collect any that are written down.

"I'm afraid that probably won't work. I can only speak for myself, and what I have seen of the others, but I don't think many of us have any sort of communication devices. With proper supplies, and a bit of time, I could probably put something together. It wouldn't be that sophisticated though. "

Edited by Strider

"I have a radio?" Alexandria offers, "My other long range communications will only work with technologies from my home realm, unfortunately.  I do not fully understand how it works, but something called quantum entanglement is supposedly involved.  Sometimes I think that scientists just throw 'quantum' at you when they do not feel like explaining things."

The man, Kyle, takes a breath. He holds it for quite the time before putting away his phone and covering his face. He breaths out and then removes his hands. He thinks for a moment before making some gestures that can be interpreted as him asking "Sign Language?".

"I could put together a sign-and-speak program to translate," Alexandria offers, "But as I am not certain what you would sound like if you could talk, it would lack inflection, tone, and emotion.  Useful in emergencies, at least.  But I wouldn't want to talk like that for everyday use."

15 hours ago, Adamance Ascendant said:

"Snow. You mentioned something earlier about a Crimson Knight? Who is that?" She wondered what kind of world Snow came from. It didn't seem like she used favor, or at least if she did, not in nearly the same way the denizens of Tempest did. It was strange, really, the thought of being out of Tempest. . .

Snow, The Lady Ashford

Well, if this was any confirmation of her thoughts she'd be correct. A name like the Crimson Knight was well known at least in Legend to the Crimson Knight. Really any of the Divine Knights legends, they were bedtime stories for young children at times. Ignacio's the only one a cautionary tale, the one not of a hero. So, if this was Graterras, this one before her would've known. It did make her more lax about the fact that now, they knew who she was. In name at least.

"Yes. The Crimson Knight is another such as myself. He however serves Pyron, the God of Fire and of Spirit. He fights in a similar style to yourself, the resemblance in ways, uncanny. He's better... but he's the avatar of a god. I expect that. It does not mire your own skill any for it is not and never will be a fair comparison. Though in action on another plane such as this I do not know quite how powerful he'd be. I can feel the strains of being far away from Aelia myself. Her power isn't nearly as strong here. Though, I can still feel her it's much more dull a note then I'd like."

She noticed the other of her apparent new allies trembling visibly. A strange sight. One she wasn't sure how to handle since she wasn't earlier when Magna had called to her. Was she the inditing incident? Pretty hard to ask that without making it much much worse. Luckily, not having facial features or really anything but body language she could easily control the fact she had noticed and hide it. One advantage of not having a human body was it was easier to control what you let onto in the terms of body language. Armour was only so expressive after all. Snow decided to continue speaking, rather than let on as to her noticing. 

"However, I'm the one that got pulled into whatever this task is before us. I'm the avatar of Aelia, the goddess of Wind and Mind. I find that I am weaker here then usual due to the connection to my goddess being thinner here. I'd say I'd be concerned about my performance, but... we have some... people here that inspire my confidence that my fighting skills will be enough to make up for the weakening of the magic I wield. I'm still not convinced on the merits I've seen thus far of your skills, but I have only just began to witness them. I would say thus far, they intrigue me. Your's..."

She said facing the Hellfire Knight "Only seems less to me as I've seen such that is a greater magnitude as I have said before. As I said, it's not a fair comparison, but one i make all the same. Your skills might impress me otherwise."

She faced Kagari for a moment though not quite as directly as she did for the Hellfire Knight. "Your skills seem promising, though I do not understand how such a strange fighting style can be that effective. I'm still unsure of it's merits, but I reserve my true judgement. It's better than the book idiot, that's for sure."

• Upvote 1

Tremors began to overtake Kagari's body as it instinctively responded the presence of an armored individual in close proximity.

"Ah... looks like I did mess up...." Magna murmured to herself. Kagarin's body language alone was enough to convey how rattled she was. As comforting as a skeleton could be, Magna wrapped her arm around Kagarin and started to move her towards the outside. "I know we've just met and all, and pardon me for being terribly rude, but I'll have to excuse myself for a moment. I need to have a word with Kagarin here. Why don't you get more acquainted with Hellfire Knight? I'm sure she'd love the company~" Magna grinned, as she remembered her handshake with Hiroki. If her hunch was right, Hiroki would be in for another surprise. Of course, she hadn't confirmed such a fact yet, but she could always make sure at a later time. "Don't worry if Leon decides to start the meeting without us; just catch us up on the important details later, kay~?"

With that being said, she tried to do her best to guide Kagarin away from Snow, and outside of the building to get some air. She ignored the little bit of weaponry that decided to nest itself on her head. In a hushed and quiet voice, Magna tried to reassure Kagarin. "There, there, it's all right. Everything's going to be okay," Magna said in an attempt to soothe her. In actuality, Magna had zero experience comforting people. What kind of Grim Reaper did that? 'Oh, my condolences, but you've passed away' wasn't going to cut it here. "What's wrong? You can talk to me, Kagarin."

Jesse

Jesse simply shrugs as the two newcomers arrive. He casually opens his bag of treats as the angel started to snacking on his candies he got from the shop earlier and silently observes the two while the robot and the mechanic talks to them.

Hmm, An Orc ey? for someone whose race that has a reputation for violent tendencies, this one seems cooperative and helpful, unlike some two pillocks I know who is high on attitude and temper, Kinda like reminds me of my uncle Imps, volatile and arrogant just because he is the embodiment of valor itself, well, that is...if he was less cool and without his majestic fiery angel wings. The sniper thought to himself, eyeing the green follow. 

The angel then shifted his eyes to the fancy man who seems to proclaim himself that he's a private contractor of some sorts. Hmm.. I know that feeling, buddy, being contracted by the high heavens itself to do their bidding. but as for humans, well, there's always a catch and an ulterior motive for these creatures, and tends to lean on their evil nature. I always find something shady when a human can't seem to let go of those fancy bricks you call 'smartphones'. The angel raised a brow in suspicion at the well dressed man.

Jesse remains silent and simply shifted his position and hugs his rifle, like some sort of a King's guard, blowing a bubble gum out his mouth and idly listens to them talk while they regroup.