[IC] TotMV:G2: The Battered Hero

Chevaleresse

Sachi steps between the knife-wielding man and everyone else, shield up to ward off any attacks. The reaction is almost instinctive, her having practiced this many, many times in action.

"Nobody is harming anyone. We can talk this through, yeah? Nobody needs to get hurt. Please, put the knife down. I swear I w-won't hurt you."

Edited by ElfCollaborator

Sachi steps between the knife-wielding man and everyone else, shield up to ward off any attacks. The reaction is almost instinctive, her having practiced this many, many times in action.

"Nobody is harming anyone. We can talk this through, yeah? Nobody needs to get hurt. Please, put the knife down. I swear I w-won't hurt you."

Shields against knives, damn. If only he had his halberd...

"Right, 'no body needs to get hurt'." You know, someone just a few hours ago just said that to me. And what happened? I got a book to the face and he got knocked out. Don't think that's quite the case" he snorted.

"Y-yeah.....sorry about him. He.....isn't really one of us. In so far as there's an 'us'. I don't know what to call this. "Team" doesn't really quite fit, especially when you have, um.....idiots like that on the team. Uh....are you okay? Apart from....being unconscious?"

Edited by ElfCollaborator

Eon

"Well, that person is currently in the process of re-evaluating his life choices. Unconsciously of course. That, and I honestly can't say any of us agreed with the stunt he pulled." Eon told the man who was the unfortunate victim of Solomon's...Eon didn't have words to describe that scene.

"At any rate, not too much has happened since then, and right now, I would imagine you'd like to know where you are. Am I wrong?"

Edited by Zetaark

Oh no small knives, whatever should we do? Why do you have to make this complicated? I like more when this guy is unconscious. Jesse rolls his eyes as the guy defend himself like some old person forget their meds this morning.

"Right, 'no body needs to get hurt'." You know, someone just a few hours ago just said that to me. And what happened? I got a book to the face and he got knocked out. Don't think that's quite the case"

"Hey, at least i didn't shoot you with my rifle during that time,.... i'm just saying, anyways like everyone here is saying no one here is going to hurt you so drop your exaggerated machismo and just calm down."

Edited by Ragnar

Finally, It That Embraces is able to behold the bloodmage as he awakens. And, well, able to pass her comforting, soothing aura around him.

[Apology. {Solomon/That one} is an idiot.]

He may not be a cannibalistic spider-woman, but surely even he responds well to soothing pats, particularly headpats. (Nevermind that he shoved her. She honestly doesn't seem to be very shovable, anyways.)

[Acknowledgement. You were shadowing us in a distinctly unfriendly manner. It is, unfortunately, not that surprising.]

Dragon! His mind immediately registered the beast's presence, striking undeniable fear. A book-flinger, a paladin girl and now this?

He looked down at his knife, then at the dragon that towered over him. "Well... shit." He hissed. There was no other way - unless he wanted to be roasted in fire, stabbed and ripped open at the same time, he'd have to cooperate with these...things.

He lowered his weapon cautiously. "Okay, where the f*** am I and why the f*** am I talking to a dragon and can I kill that mage already?"

Edited by AGuyPassingThrough

[Amusement: No need to censor yourself.]

The Primordial gives the understandably paranoid blood-mage a shrug at his demands/questions. Questions worth answering, at any rate.

[Apology, explanation. Location: Designation Hollow Bastion. Purpose: most likely gathered to assist in repair of existential breach. Currently seeking shelter and provisions. Reason for dragon: unknown. Amusement: I am far more exotic than Eon is. Approval for killing book abuser: negative.]

Existential breach: A wound in reality itself. That's a frightening concept she's suggesting, there, though perhaps not entirely unfamiliar to some.

She looks over him for a moment, releasing him fully from her grip if he didn't already wriggle his way out. Judging by the way her arms move, she could grab him up again in an instant, anyways.

[Addendum: I healed some of the scars in your arms. You are welcome.]

((Edited a bunch. Apparently we heard the name earlier, but I forgot. Also addenda. :v ))

Edited by Twei

[Amusement: No need to censor yourself.]

The Primordial gives the understandably paranoid blood-mage a shrug at his demands/questions. Questions worth answering, at any rate.

[Apology, explanation. Location: Unknown. Purpose: most likely gathered to assist in repair of existential breach. Currently seeking shelter and provisions. Reason for dragon: unknown. Amusement: I am far more exotic than Eon is. Approval for killing book abuser: negative.]

Existential breach: A wound in reality itself. That's a frightening concept she's suggesting, there, though perhaps not entirely unfamiliar to some.

"Existential breach? Isn't that what emotion-sick adolescences get?"

• Upvote 1

Eon

"She's referring to a more literal existential breach. As in, entities existing in places that defy any rules or logic of the universe that they are in." Eon told the man, slightly amused by his line of thought.

"As for me, do dragons not exist in whatever world you come from?"

"Existential breach? Isn't that what emotion-sick adolescences get?"

She gives him The Look. Honestly, she's impressed someone misinterpreted conceptual speech, but it was bound to happen eventually.

[Negative. You are thinking of 'existential angst'. Injuries to reality are far more serious.]

...actually, now that she thinks about it...

[...amusement. Some realities may also be 'emotion-sick adoloscents' none the less.]

Edited by Twei
  • Upvote 1

"Whatever you say, lightbulb." Visrii rudely dismissed the white being. She spoke weird anyway. Now the giant was the problem. "As for you? We have winged lizards, but not huge. Or look like they've come out of a tar pit."

Edited by AGuyPassingThrough

Leon tries very hard to ignore the idiocy going on behind him as the group (presumably) follows him, electing instead to take the excuse to reminisce a bit. He does give It that Embraces an odd look, for a moment; she was strange even by his own standards, with her communication equally thus. Still, it got the idea across. "Yeah, this place wasn't always barren ruins. Lots of people used to live here before the Heartless took over; they weren't always all over the place like this, or at least I don't think they were. Needless to say, when they conquered this world, they didn't exactly treat it very nicely, and the process of kicking them out - well, out far enough that we could move back in - was messy."

"Anyway, it's just a little further to our little base of operations. Past that are the shops; normally they'll charge for supplies but we're asking a dangerous favor, so take what you need when we get there, within reason.

Meanwhile, the Hellfire Knight is still somehow visibly on edge through the cloak and such, what with the fighting suddenly breaking out. It's not that she was a stranger to combat, but this sort of lethal intent. . . And over something so minor? She shook her head, moving her thoughts to another matter. Magna was . . . not human, clearly, or at least had an unusual prosthetic arm. She hadn't really maintained contact long enough to thoroughly analyze what she'd felt. Maybe she should ask, but that would probably end up with her doffing her disguise, and she wasn't quite ready to do so.

• Upvote 1

"Whatever you say, lightbulb." Visrii rudely dismissed the white being. She spoke weird anyway.

To be fair, she doesn't even have a mouth. Or make sounds. Of COURSE she's going to speak weird.

Given his blatant rudeness, the elder thing feels justified in bopping him on the head. It feels vaguely like a hug. Don't think about it too hard. To be fair, given his irreverence, he's clearly very good at that, so maybe that's not much of an issue.

Snow, The Lady Ashford.

"I know supplying a group of our size is no small feat. And if I had the money, I'd repay you for everyone of the goods this outfit uses. I however, cannot repay that favor. I Apologize. I hope our service can make the difference in this and that much is good enough compensation."

Snow bowed for but a moment. It was a quick and respectful gesture not one of prostration. She had a Lady after all, and she was once a Queen. She didn't bow to anyone. But, she could at least show respect to one that was indeed a fellow warrior.

• Upvote 2

He does give It that Embraces an odd look, for a moment; she was strange even by his own standards, with her communication equally thus. Still, it got the idea across. "Yeah, this place wasn't always barren ruins. Lots of people used to live here before the Heartless took over; they weren't always all over the place like this, or at least I don't think they were. Needless to say, when they conquered this world, they didn't exactly treat it very nicely, and the process of kicking them out - well, out far enough that we could move back in - was messy."

This seems to interest It That Embraces further - again, better conversation, such as it is, than the vaguely violent strangers. Besides, it might be strategically important, at least against their immediate enemy, and so she speaks to him once more.

[Confusion, curiosity. 'Heartless' do not appear to be sentient. Animal intelligence at best. 'Conquest' implies organization, structure; rule/'taking over' requires sentience. Hypothesis: Are 'Heartless' minions of a greater power?]

Edited by Twei

"Right, can we kill the shopkeepers? See, it's a profit for both sides! We put them out of their miserable existence, and we get money AND supplies. Don't know why I don't do it more often, really."

"Right, can we kill the shopkeepers? See, it's a profit for both sides! We put them out of their miserable existence, and we get money AND supplies. Don't know why I don't do it more often, really."

[...................................]

This time, the bop on the head does not feel like a hug. Because yeah, no. It That Embraces is not impressed by this joke and/or blatant murderhobo-ism. Just look at those eyes. Fourteen eyes, all being incredibly disappointed in Visrii right now.

[scolding, lack of amusement]

Edited by Twei

After the increase in profanities and proposed homocide, Edmond had withdrawn away from the quarreling group to join Leon near the front. He hoped that if the newcomer were not overwhelmed by so many at once, he might calm down a little. He's perfectly justifed in his anger towards Solomon, I suppose. However, his actions are thoughtless. He's purposely alienating the people who are trying to sympathize with him and help him.

He started when he heard what Snow had said to their guide. Well that's completely different than how she acts around everyone else...

"I'm willing to give my assistance, however little it may be deemed. So do you intend to have us find the source of the Heartless? Or is the dangerous task something else entirely?"

Edited by Strider
  • Upvote 2

Jade O'Duffle

"Damn, that cupcake's speech sure does make you feel guilty." Jade sighed, he couldn't accept all this charity from them without feeling something. He scratched the back of his head as he spoke. "I guess I won't be having those drinks after all. Ha ha ha... oh well. Let's hurry up and get straight to this. One group should go get supplies now so we'll head out quicker." He himself wasn't much of a shopper but if necessary he'll go get them himself.

With a lack of enthusiasm between the group, he quickly realized that this group really wasn't up to antics. You're not with the mercenaries anymore, he reminded himself. I can't just go around making comments like this. "Very well, I guess. Civilities win today."