Fire Emblem on the Forums: Sea of Crossroads [IC]

krim

Emilee.png

Emilee nodded at Cass. "I'm counting on you," And with determination behind her steps, she reached the captain quickly. Her staff began to glow and she stared down the enemy. "Give up. Your crimes will be punished one way or the other. If you live today, you will have time to repent your crimes to our Goddess." Emilee gave a brave speech, but her hands were shakey. Even so she managed to control her staff, and heal the captain back up.

Heal Mandatte while moving to M13

cassfin10_by_ninjacyndaquil-db04igo.png

"You can always count on the Beef." Cass gives out a nervous chuckle as he runs after the maiden and towards the horseman again...this was really getting old.

"..." He gives Idei a short sideways glance before he starts playing again. "Let's get this done with, okay?"

Move to M12, play for Idei and Emilee 

Checks 'play for Idei literally every turn on the map' from his to-do list.

tumblr_inline_okf1wlac4g1sg2hsu_100.png

"Mm," he agrees, already lifting his bow again when he hears the musician approaching behind him. "I intend to." Even he, in the thick of battle as he is, has started to realize the incongruity of the fact that the man has singled him out each time with that music. 

Not that he's complaining, by any means. It still fascinates him. Beneath him, though, he feels Kite shift uncomfortably, stamping his hooves against the cobblestone and tossing his head against the reins. He frowns, but the behavior is recognizable, though a bit strange in the middle of a battlefield, where the stallion has always traditionally been comfortable.

"Don't be nervous," he says to the musician, notching an arrow. "It makes Kite skittish."

Shoot Derric again.

cassfin13_by_ninjacyndaquil-db1aez0.png

"S-skittish, you say?" Cass took a step away from the horse. "He's not gonna kick me, is he?" He put the guitar on his back and raised his hands up in front of himself, palms open, slowly backing away...nice horsey...

Madante_New.png

"Ugh..." Madante groans as he is healed from the brink by Emilee. "Thank you, I got careless for a moment it seems. I'll try to tone it down a bit," Madante says with a sheepish grin.

Spoiler

(Idei will attack twice)
(Idei is protected by a barrier)

Idei:
Attack: 10
Hit: 91%
Crit: 3%

Derric:
Attack: -
Hit: -
Crit: -

Idei's Attack 1: 84, hit!
Idei defeats Derric with 10 damage!

Again invigorated by the music, Idei fires one final shot, taking down the pirate captain. "Dang, looks like that's it for me. Scion you fool, I should have never listened to you," Derric mutters before dropping to the ground. "Please...if you'll at least listen to a dying man's request...spare my men," he coughs before dropping to the ground dead.

Cheat Sheet:

Spoiler

Enemies: Health, Location, Weapon
Archer 1: (23/23) (J22) Iron Bow (44/45), Chest Key(1/1)(Droppable)
Archer 2: (0/23) (L2) Iron Bow (43/45)
Knight 1: (0/25) (P10) Iron Lance (45/45)
Knight 2: (0/25) (M7) Iron Lance (44/45)
Knight 3: (0/25) (J9) Iron Blade (45/45)
Mage 1: (0/23) (P9) Fire(38/40)
Mage 2: (0/23) (K9) Fire(40/40)
Mage 3: (0/23) (M10) Fire(39/40)
Mage 4: (0/23) (J16) Thunder (39/40)
Mage 5: (0/23) (L3) Fire(39/40)
Mercenary 1: (0/23) (P8) Iron Blade (45/45) Poisoned
Mercenary 2: (0/23) (M4) Wooden Sword (45/45)

Mercenary 3: (23/23) (J16) Iron Blade (45/45), Chest Key(1/1)(Droppable)
Pirate 1: (0/25) (P7) Iron Staff (44/45)
Pirate 2: (0/25) (J2) Iron Staff (45/45)
Pirate 3: (0/25) (Q11) Iron Staff (45/45)

Pirate 4: (25/25) (J24) Iron Staff (45/45)
Thief 1: (0/20) (P10) Iron Knife (40/40)
Thief 2: (0/20) (O6) Iron Knife (39/40)
Thief 3: (0/20) (E3) Iron Knife (40/40)
Thief 4: (0/20) (K1) Iron Knife (39/40)
Thief 5: (0/20) (K6) Iron Knife (39/40)
Derric: (0/28) (L14) Iron Club (44/45)
Scion: (0/25) (I3) Poison Knife (37/40)

Players: Health, Location, Weapons

Rayne: (17/22) (M1) Iron Javelin (20/45)E, Vulnerary (3/3), Iron Javelin (45/45), Slim Lance (33/35), Dancer Ribbon (1/1)
Belros: (15/21) (M2) Iron Dagger (40/45), Iron Knife(27/40)E, Parrying Knife (30/30), Lockpick (14/15)
Cadence: (22/22) (R12) Iron Rapier (30/40), Iron Sword (25/45), Iron Knife (40/40)E

Emilee: (20/20) (M13) Heal (23/30), Vulnerary (2/3), Soothe (15/15), Barrier (15/15)E
Darius: (23/23) (I5) Flux (29/40)E, Worm (40/40),Vulnerary (2/3)
Idei: (21/23) (L12) Iron Bow (30/45)E, Vulnerary (3/3), Vulnerary (3/3), Iron Longbow (26/30), Poison Crossbow (36/40) Barrier(3/5)
Cass: (26/26) (M12) Vulnerary (3/3), Soldier's Drums (20/20)
Karik: (24/26) (O13) Iron Axe (37/45), Vulnerary (3/3) Iron Club (45/45), Hatchet (29/35)E, Chest Key(1/1)
Myrdwyn: (27/28) (M8) Heavy Lance (18/20)E, Iron Pike (34/35), Vulnerary (3/3)
Clarisse: (25/27) (N9) Poleaxe (20/20)E, Iron Axe (45/45), Vulnerary (3/3),Hammer (19/20)

Allies: Health, Location, Weapons

Madante: (9/25) (L13) Allegretto (-), Vulnerary (3/3)
Helena: (21/28) (J2) Elfire (28/30)E, Wind (38/40), Static (30/30), Vulnerary (2/3), Chest Key(1/1) Nature's Spirits (4/5)

Doors and Chests: Health, Location
Chest 1: (G1)-Opened
Chest 2: (D16)
Chest 3: (R19)
Chest 4: (L24)

Exp Tracker: 22/100

Watching the man who had knocked out their commander finally fall, Idei lowers his bow. There aren't many of them left, and the captain -- though on the opposing side -- had not seemed like that bad of a man. Anyone who cares enough about their allies can't be completely evil. "As long as you don't aggravate him," Idei replies, then turns back to look down at the musician. "He is a little temperamental."

As Kite shifts again on the cobblestones, Idei exhales, still addressing the musician. "Why did you come with us?" he asks, curious.

cassfin10_by_ninjacyndaquil-db04igo.png

"Temperamental, eh...easy horsey..." Cass maintains a safe distance from the horse as he listens to the archer.

"Why'd I come with you?" He grins in response, but it's a pained grimace. "Well why don't you ask your friend over here that question, eh?" He points at Emilee. "She'll be able to tell you everything in detail, because I've still got no clue what drove her to pull me into this situation."

Frowning, Idei follows the musician's gesture to their healer, currently reviving the Commander who is picking himself up off the ground. She had brought him here . . . ? The connection doesn't completely tie in, and his brow furrows more deeply. "I don't understand," he replies. "What is keeping you here? Are you in debt to her?"

It's the only reason he can imagine that the musician hasn't simply walked away, taken advantage of the turmoil to escape.

tumblr_inline_okf1wlkf4d1sg2hsu_100.png

"Instead, you are helping us." His expression lightens. "Your music is useful." He indicates Madante with a jerk of his chin. "Our Commander will be glad to pay you if you stay. Much more than the 300 you took from me."

Emilee.png

Emilee took the cue to explain her motives. "I thought we could use all the help we could get, and Cass looks... Well beefey!" She giggled at her own joke. "Plus everyone was saying mean things about Cass. Saying how he stole something and how he was a thief. I don't believe it! Cass has proven he is a good person today, and he deserves to be treated as such. He's helped us, and he bravely tried to protect me." She paused and put a finger on her bottom lip. "Although, I was sure he was a fighter of some sort... I thought your music was just a hobby."

cassfin14_by_ninjacyndaquil-db1bi14.png

"..." Cass looks at the archer, then at Emilee. He sighs, then places a hand on the pouch he was carrying the 300 Vespers he took from the archer. "...look, they were actually right, Emilee. I did steal something, from him." He throws a hand behind over his shoulder, pointing a thumb at Idei. "Sorry, I didn't catch your name." He shrugs at the man before looking back at Emilee. "So yeah, I took like, 300 Vespers from him-the same ones we had to pick up from the ground when you bumped into me. And I've been thieving around the town for the past few weeks. I'm a thief. Your thief friend was right. I even came to this island with a group of bandits."

The final one there was their commander. Cass stepped forward to him. "Y'can hand me over or whatever. It's not like I actually enjoy taking stuff from others. Lives either. So I ain't going back on the streets. It'd be better if they put me in some cell. Less worrying, at least."

Emilee.png

The priestess' face went from a smile, to shock, to sadness. She looked at the ground and mumbled. "Why are all of you thieves." Emilee then shot up, her gaze turning on Cass with a deadly glare. "No. You are no longer a thief Beef Casserole. I won't let you steal, I won't let you bandit, I won't let you be a bad person because a bad person you are not!" She bopped Cass on the head with her healing staff. "I've had it with thieves, I've had with bandits, I've had with pirates! You are a good person now, do you hear me? You are good!" Emilee began to breathe heavily after her outburst. When she composed herself she turned to the captain: "Captain, is it okay if Casserole comes with us? He has helped us today, we should pardon him and protect him. I won't let him steal on my watch."

Madante_New.png

"Well, he has been helping us out all this time. And it seems Idei and Emilee don't mind you. If you don't wish to go back to a life of thievery, then you can join us in the Royal Guard," Madante says with a smile. "I'll be leaving him under your watch then. Now as for the matter at hand..." Madante trailed off, recalling the pirate's last words. "What do you suppose we do about the rest of them. There seems to be three of the pirate's men left. Should we see if they are willing to lay down their arms?"

cassfin11_by_ninjacyndaquil-db04sgu.png

Seeing the girl's expression darken, Cass raised his hands in defense. "Hey, whoawhoa, are you actually getting so upset over th-"

cassfin6_by_ninjacyndaquil-db02u4s.png

"Ouch-!" The swift strike hits him right on the head and he retorts mostly out of surprise, though the will of its wielder grants it an unexpected aftershock, like some sort of a bulging sensation. He faintly hears her words afterwards and gives out a couple of nods in quick succession. "Y-yes ma'am!"  The whole event leaves Cass wholly exposed to the Captain/Commander/whatever's proposal. He nods again, not sure what he was nodding in response to. "Right, thank you-agh..."

Edited by Bfroger6

Darius_Anstane.png

After drinking the healing tonic, he felt his wounds close up, both external and inside of him. The poison, as well, was purged from his body. The shaman felt a feeling of relief overcome him.

"Thank you, sir, for the tonic. I appreciate it." he thanked the man before turning around and observing what he could. From what he could see, there weren't many bandits left. At the very least, what seemed like Scion's second-in-command was down as well. He pondered on what to do next.

4oYKY6N.png

With the bulk o the fighting seemingly over Rayne went off to go find Clarisse. She hoped her new Guard Guard had seen her excel in her fighting so that she knew on the battlefield it was a much different story. The two of them ended up fighting on different fronts for most of the battle so she wasn't really sure if she had. Still, she felt like looking for her. She found the rather familiar shade of purple and headed right for it.

It was in fact her Guard Guard. She waved to try and flag her down hopping off Beau as she neared. "Hey, Clarisse! Did you see me fight? I did good!"

Emilee.png

Emilee thought on it for a few moments, and decided. "A fair but hard punishment. They should be lodged here in the island and taken care of. However for the next two months they should work for the port they have harmed. If after those two months they want to leave, if is up to them." She crossed her arms and smiled. "But honest work has a way of getting to people, I am sure they will turn around for the better."

Madante_New.png

"That may do. Now to see if they will cooperate," Madante says, looking towards the nearby mercenary. "You there! Your captain has been defeated and there don't seem to be many more of you left. It seem's that the captain at least wanted us to spare your lives. So I'll ask you, will you surrender to us or will you continue to fight?" Madante asks.

"Not much point fighting when both our captain and the guy who hired us are both dead. Let me see about the others," the mercenary replies as he runs towards the remaining two members of the enemy force. One of them goes into the boat for a moment, then returns with another individual. All of them then came towards Madante and surrendered.

"As you can see, none of us wish to fight a pointless battle. That Scion guy hired us to help him out with moving their supplies onto a boat for transport. But since he's dead, we've got no reason to continue with this. And to prove it, here's the captain of the boat back there," the mercenary finishes, releasing the boat captain from his bindings.

Madante_New.png

"Well I suppose that settles things. The local authorities should soon arrive to decide what to do with you fully, but whatever it may be, I can assure you that you've made the right choice."

[Victory!]

Final Results:

Spoiler

Enemies: Health, Location, Weapon
Archer 1: (23/23) (J22) Iron Bow (44/45), Chest Key(1/1)(Droppable) Surrendered
Archer 2: (0/23) (L2) Iron Bow (43/45)
Knight 1: (0/25) (P10) Iron Lance (45/45)
Knight 2: (0/25) (M7) Iron Lance (44/45)
Knight 3: (0/25) (J9) Iron Blade (45/45)
Mage 1: (0/23) (P9) Fire(38/40)
Mage 2: (0/23) (K9) Fire(40/40)
Mage 3: (0/23) (M10) Fire(39/40)
Mage 4: (0/23) (J16) Thunder (39/40)
Mage 5: (0/23) (L3) Fire(39/40)
Mercenary 1: (0/23) (P8) Iron Blade (45/45) Poisoned
Mercenary 2: (0/23) (M4) Wooden Sword (45/45)

Mercenary 3: (23/23) (J16) Iron Blade (45/45), Chest Key(1/1)(Droppable) Surrendered
Pirate 1: (0/25) (P7) Iron Staff (44/45)
Pirate 2: (0/25) (J2) Iron Staff (45/45)
Pirate 3: (0/25) (Q11) Iron Staff (45/45)

Pirate 4: (25/25) (J24) Iron Staff (45/45) Surrendered
Thief 1: (0/20) (P10) Iron Knife (40/40)
Thief 2: (0/20) (O6) Iron Knife (39/40)
Thief 3: (0/20) (E3) Iron Knife (40/40)
Thief 4: (0/20) (K1) Iron Knife (39/40)
Thief 5: (0/20) (K6) Iron Knife (39/40)
Derric: (0/28) (L14) Iron Club (44/45)
Scion: (0/25) (I3) Poison Knife (37/40)

Players: Health, Location, Weapons

Rayne: (17/22) (M1) Iron Javelin (20/45)E, Vulnerary (3/3), Iron Javelin (45/45), Slim Lance (33/35), Dancer Ribbon (1/1)

Belros: (15/21) (M2) Iron Dagger (40/45), Iron Knife(27/40)E, Parrying Knife (30/30), Lockpick (14/15)

Cadence: (22/22) (R12) Iron Rapier (30/40), Iron Sword (25/45), Iron Knife (40/40)E

Emilee: (20/20) (M13) Heal (23/30), Vulnerary (2/3), Soothe (15/15), Barrier (15/15)E

Darius: (23/23) (I5) Flux (29/40)E, Worm (40/40),Vulnerary (2/3)

Idei: (21/23) (L12) Iron Bow (30/45)E, Vulnerary (3/3), Vulnerary (3/3), Iron Longbow (26/30), Poison Crossbow (36/40) 

Cass: (26/26) (M12) Vulnerary (3/3), Soldier's Drums (20/20)

Karik: (24/26) (O13) Iron Axe (37/45), Vulnerary (3/3) Iron Club (45/45), Hatchet (29/35)E, Chest Key(1/1)

Myrdwyn: (27/28) (M8) Heavy Lance (18/20)E, Iron Pike (34/35), Vulnerary (3/3)

Clarisse: (25/27) (N9) Poleaxe (20/20)E, Iron Axe (45/45), Vulnerary (3/3),Hammer (19/20)

Allies: Health, Location, Weapons

Madante: (9/25) (L13) Allegretto (-), Vulnerary (3/3)
Helena: (21/28) (J2) Elfire (28/30)E, Wind (38/40), Static (30/30), Vulnerary (2/3), Chest Key(1/1) 

Doors and Chests: Health, Location
Chest 1: (G1)-Opened
Chest 2: (D16)
Chest 3: (R19)
Chest 4: (L24)

Exp Tracker: 22/100

As Madante finishes with the three remaining pirates, the boat captain, a young-looking male, steps up.

"Hello sir, I truly thank you for dealing with these brigands. The last thing I expected when I came to port was to get overrun by pirates and thieves. I didn't fancy myself a rather important person, but maybe I had some important cargo?" the man asked, looking towards the trio of pirates.

"According to the Scion fellow, any cargo ship would have done. They didn't want to risk a passenger ship that had a bunch of people on it since who knows what could happen, but a cargo ship doesn't have much for staffing. And since the schedules were botched earlier, there wouldn't be too many people around. Speaking of the boat schedule, I think Scion may have stuffed it somewhere in one of these buildings, though I'm not sure which." the archer explained.

Madante_New.png

"Really now? Well then, for now let's see about finding that boat schedule. Once we have that, we can figure out what to do next." Madante announces to the individuals in earshot.

MKRj07N.png

Seeing as how the fighting was over Bel put away his knives. He saw there was a chest left northward and it'd be a shame to watse whatever was inside. Besides, he was just picking up evidence. So he headed up north, lockpick in hand and began opening the chest.

Move to E16 and open the chest with the lockpick.

Darius_Anstane.png

Seeing that the battle had ended, Darius put away his tome and walked over to Helena.

"I must say, that was a pretty impressive showing, especially how you all but incinerated the leader in the forest. We do appreciate the help with the bandits, truly." he spoke out. He suspected she would have a number of questions to ask of him, questions that he might be willing to answer, depending on exactly what they were.

Jasmine.png

"Oh, no trouble at all. To be honest I needed to vent out a bit of frustration, and that poor bandit happened to be in the crossfire. But now, it seems that the remaining brigands have surrendered, so now I can take my time and continue on with some of my research. Which...may involve you answering a few questions for me. One of which being that little act on that mage from earlier. I don't have any proper records of any such occurances, so if you could tell me what happened there I would greatly appreciate it. And of course, you can ask me anything you'd like in return regarding my magic if you so desire," Helena responds, a cheery look on her face.

Darius_Anstane.png

"..." Darius' face went a little grim. This was the question he was perhaps most afraid of. Mainly because he does not know what, exactly, the deal is. But he decided to try and answer to the best of his ability.

"...to be perfectly honest, I don't know myself, exactly, what the deal was. All I knew is that the elder spirits have almost...taken control of me. I could struggle, but I did not know what that would have led to, whether for them to have overwhelmed me or just to have left me alone...I don't know. But...I could feel some of their thoughts...what that was, it was almost like a demonstration. I don't know what the purpose of it was, but I could feel that they wanted to show me something. The scariest part is that this is the second time it happened since we were shipwrecked on this island..." the Shaman tried to explain to the best of his ability.

Jasmine.png

"Hmm...that's certainly interesting. A demonstration of the potential power of the elder spirits perhaps? Or maybe something else. It's hard for me to say really. Anima spirits for those who wield them tend to be easily handled provided you are well trained. Elder spirits however...they seem to have their own goals it seems," Helena pauses, thinking a while on what she was told. "Do the elder spirits interact with you outside of those moments incidentally? I ask since other magical spirits tend to interact with their hosts at times," Helena finally asks.

Darius_Anstane.png

"Occasionally, yes, they do. Most of the time they merely make benign comments or actions, ones I can ignore. Occasionally, though, they approach me with something more. An inquiry, a curiosity...or sometimes warnings. Whether it is a warning of an approaching threat, or then warning me of what will happen to me if I'm not on my guard at all times..." Darius sighed out.

"As for what these demonstrations are...I think they're trying to make me delve even deeper into their secrets, to accept them more readily into my body and mind. If that happens, though, I would become more vulnerable to be completely overwhelmed and possessed by them. I absolutely cannot let that happen..." Darius spoke out. He has been told of what happens to those practitioners of dark magic who fail to keep the spirits at bay. Losing all sense of themselves, becoming mere husks, shells of men, existing, but not living...

GtWSBYz.png

"A magic book huh?" Belros thought with a bit of disappointment. He was hoping for something he could use like a new sword.  "Oh well, maybe Darius will gt some use out of it." He sighed and headed back to the group and noticed a building that looked like a blacksmith shop based of the hammer sign. Making a slight detour he knocks on the door to see if they were at all harmed by those thieves.

oFAdgyX.png

"Hey, is anyone in there? There were some thieves fighting outside but they've been taken care of, are you all alright?" He spoke to the door and anyone inside. Maybe if there wasn't anyone inside he could take a peek in. As long as he doesn't steal anything he should be fine.