Fire Emblem on the Forums: Sea of Crossroads [IC]

krim

cassfin10_by_ninjacyndaquil-db04igo.png

"Phew..." Cass lets out a sigh of relief. "It all ended well." He adds, looking over at Emilee and the horseman. Specifically the horseman since he was scared Emilee would bash his face in if he looked too long in her general direction for now.

"So, what's your name?" He repeats his previous statement in the form of a question. "Didn't catch it."

Belros' call went unanswered. Curious, he went inside the armory only to find that it was in a state of disorder. Broken weapons seemed to be scattered across the floor, and places where display cases of weapons would be were empty. On the left side of the room was an open chest, with the lock beside it. Inside, Belros finds a clump of papers that have times and locations on them.

MKRj07N.png

"So this must be the boat schedule, man they really did a number on this place. I guess I should report this to Madante." Belros grabbed the clump of papers and left the building. This must've been the place they stole their weapons from. Conveniently Madante was just across the way. He headed over to the group, papers tucked in his pockets, and spoke cheerily.  "Hey, Madante guess what I just found."

JJQ28EM.png

"hmm... guess that's the end of it. Figures, I was beginning to wonder why it'd gotten so quiet," Cadence sheathed her blade at the sight of the three men leaving the ship, weapons down in clear surrender, before they disappeared around the other side of the house where presumably the others were. She heard no further sounds of war afterward, so she figured it hadn't been a farce, not like they couldn't have easily dispatched all three men in a heartbeat with their numbers, but still...

"At least these idiots are smart enough to know when they've been beaten though; it's nice having to slaughter them to the last man in order to get the message across." She glanced at the chest nearby, as she spoke. Hadn't Karik picked up a key from the buccaneer she'd shived? The fight was over, the danger had passed. There was no harm seeing just what was inside the container now.

cWxIdd2.png

"Weeeell... to the victors go the spoils, I guess. Hell, who knows, maybe it'll even be something useful-"

XKATa1N.png

"Eh karik!" she called as she approached the apothecary- or... what used to be an apothecary, if one was willing to take a certain convoy man's testimony at face value -shop and the boy standing outside it's door. "You still have that key you found earlier, right?"

tumblr_inline_okf1wlac4g1sg2hsu_100.png

" . . . Idei," he replies to the musician's question, surprised by his sudden amicability. It seems that, after Madante's offer, he had decided to come with them after all. Despite the fact that the man had robbed him not a couple hours beforehand, he's happy to see him here. A combination of his assistance throughout the battle and his earlier confession to their healer has solidified the nomad's suspicion that, despite his brusqueness, he doesn't have a wicked heart. "I'm of the Nayavu tribe, from the Arcadian sands."

"You might have told me your name earlier, but I've forgotten. I apologize."

Madante_New.png

"Oh? Is it something from one of the buildings? Did it have any of the plans of the thieves, or did you find something else?" Madante asked, curious as to what Belros found.

Karik_Talk_to_Me_Merce.png

Hearing their Leader’s words, Karik let out a sigh of relief. “We got through this, finally. That’s good then.” Checking his pockets, Karik found the key he took from one of the Pirates earlier. Looking far enough, Karik saw a treasure chest on the ground. It must’ve been some of the cargo. Before he could step away and make his way to the chest, Cadence had already appeared.

XKATa1N.png

"You still have that key you found earlier, right?"

“Ye want the key, huh?” Karik’s eyes darted towards the chest. He never did get to do something like this before. Was it a smart idea? Probably not. Was he a fast runner? Maybe. Faster than Cadence? Now was as good a time as any to figure it out.

Karik_Better_Merce.png

“Try and get it first, then!” Putting all his strength behind his throw, Karik tossed the key in the direction of the chest, proceeding to dash past Cadence towards the chest, hoping to grab the key before Cadence can catch him.

oFAdgyX.png

Belros pulled out the papers from his pocket and held it out for Madante to take.  "Apparently they ransacked the town's blacksmith. If you look in there you'll see it's messed up good. I just so happened to find these papers in one of the chests in said building, and that's where he hid this." Though why would they steal from a local blacksmith. He thought the guild only stole from the rich and the people here don't have as much money as other places. What exactly happened while he was gone?

Madante_New.png

Madante takes the papers Belros has and looks over them. It doesn't take him very long to figure out what they are. "This is the master copy of the boat schedule!" Madante announces, loud enough for most to hear. "I suppose the thieves took over the armory and hid their important things there so nobody could get them. This is a great find! Now as for this boat..." Madante trails off as he looks through the schedule, starting from the beginning of the month and going to the end of the next. "Oh...it seems that this is a cargo boat headed towards Romani. And to make matters more inconvenient, the next boat to Kabumu from here isn't for quite a while," Madante frowns. As he finishes looking over the sheets, Helena, having overheard the commotion, had come over.

Jasmine.png

"Someone found the boat schedules? Sir, could I please take a look at those?" Helena asks in a polite tone.

Madante_New.png

"Uhh...sure? Who are you by the way?" Madante asks as he hands her the schedule.

Jasmine.png

"Just someone who's helped out a bit. The rogue over there or Darius can tell you more about who I am," Helena answers as she scans through the schedule. What started as a pleased grin on her face as she grabbed the schedules turned into a slight frown in the next moment, followed by the color draining out of her face.

"You...CANNOT BE SERIOUS!" she yells, loud enough for the entire side of the town to hear. "You mean to tell me that not only did the boat to where I needed to go pass by 3 days ago, but that there won't be any more for the next month?! I just...forget it," she sighs, throwing the papers back at Madante. "I think I'm just going to sit down for a while and think about my options ok? Ok," she finishes as she walks back towards where she was earlier.

Madante_New.png

"Oooookay? Belros, do you know her?" Madante asks, very confused as to the scene that had just occurred.

Z0hN2Ba.png

"Huh, hey what are you-"

33 minutes ago, InnocentSerenity said:

Karik_Better_Merce.png

“Ye want the key, huh? Try and get it first, then!” 

before she could even react, the boy had already tossed the damn key away, running off towards the chest. Cadence stood there, for just the slightest of seconds. Already, though, she could hear the Anima goading her on, shouting to show the boy his error of judgement. Even now, they were tugging away at the armor coat, slowly beginning to take it off.

JJQ28EM.png

"So... that's how it's gonna be, eh? Fine then." She took a single step forward, and in that same motion let the brigandine slide off her body and onto the stone pavement, revealing the cherry colored tunic and black trousers, how well they fit her figure and made it painfully obvious she was indeed a woman in stark contrast to the old coat...

JLED60f.png

"Your mistake!" Cadence took yet another step forward, this one far quicker, smoother, her body becoming a mere blur as she set off after the boy like a wolf tailing a rabbit. Fleeting as embers, her feet barely seeming to even touch the ground- the boy may have had a bit of a head start due to his little trick, but without her coat, she was unhindered and unbound, free to roam like the wind. Soon enough, she not only began to gain on the boy-

"Try and keep up, don't want ya to get left in the dust~" and like that, she was past him, beelining the remaining distance to the chest and slowing her gait... as she turned back to face him. 

VYId2Oq.png

"Heh, looks like I win. You got guts though Karik! It's been a long time since anyone challenged me to a race."

unfortunately though, she seemed to not have recalled that the whole point was to pick up the key and unlock the chest first... not simply beat the poor boy into the dust in a contest of raw speed.

7 hours ago, Hukuna the Undying said:

4oYKY6N.png

With the bulk o the fighting seemingly over Rayne went off to go find Clarisse. She hoped her new Guard Guard had seen her excel in her fighting so that she knew on the battlefield it was a much different story. The two of them ended up fighting on different fronts for most of the battle so she wasn't really sure if she had. Still, she felt like looking for her. She found the rather familiar shade of purple and headed right for it.

It was in fact her Guard Guard. She waved to try and flag her down hopping off Beau as she neared. "Hey, Clarisse! Did you see me fight? I did good!"

Clarisse was wiping off a bit of blood from her axe, and sweat from her forehead - it hadn't been a difficult fight really, but she'd been tired from the barfight earlier.

eyJ1cmwiOiJodHRwczovL2Rpc2NvcmQuc3RvcmFnZS5nb29nbGVhcGlzLmNvbS9hdHRhY2htZW50cy8yNDQzMjY5NzQ4NzU1MDA1NDUvMjg0MTE1NTc2NTUxMzc0ODUxL0VRQXpGeHkucG5nIn0.rCs8ZBEB1gWid1Mu8JEDlszcBm0

"Yeah, I did. Great job. I've never seen a pegasus rider in a fight before now - guess you weren't joking when you said you wouldn't need me to protect you in a fight. 

I think I did a good enough job to convince your friends I'm a good hire, at least." she indicates that poor armored pirate she'd hammered in the literal sense. 

yDwxGVL.png

"Oh, her. None more than you. I don't know her name but she did help us during the fight." Belros spoke a bit concerned about the women's reaction. Remind him never to get on her bad side. "Other than that, all I know is that she's a friend of Darius and nothing more. If you want more details ask Darius or the lady herself."

Madante_New.png

"Riiiiiiiiiight. Well, if she was helpful, I suppose its fine. Still though, now we're going to have to figure out where to go from here..." Madante trails off as he sits down, deep in thought.

dna37JF.png

Rayne took a deep breathe closing her eyes even. It was a strange sight one wasn't really sure what this was... but an odd reaction to one talking and suddenly...

E5PmY05.png

"YOU! WERE! AWESOME!" the tinyish Pegasus knight burst forth with a mirth double her size easily. She was practically bouncing up and down with excitement. "Like the way you hit that dude and BOOM! And like SMASH! It was great. You got a good arm, means you be able to hold me really tight if you need to carry me away from danger~"

VJoyE7Z.png

She winked after that last line, before succumbing to a fit of giggles. "Okay that was kinda silly. But uh ye, you were awesome~ I'm sure Madante would hire you. And if not... I will! Still! You'll still uh... stay with me though right? I kinda liked the idea of having you as like... my Guard Guard. And you're like... I dunno. Really cool and stuff. Though maybe we can be friends instead? That would be fun. I'd like that."

Karik had to hold down his bandannas as Cadence quickly shot past him. The pirate noticed the girl's lack of a coat. “Blimey, what kind of rocks are in that coat?” Luckily, Cadence still made a mistake. Karik still saw the key still on the ground, moved only slightly by the wind blew from the girl’s speed. Leaning over, Karik swiped the key off the ground, not slowing himself as he went.

Karik_Why..._Merce.png

Finally reaching the chest quite a bit of time after Cadence, Karik had to catch his breath. “Ain’t Aye glad we don't have to sprint that much in battle.”

Karik_Better_Merce.png

Karik’s face sported a grin as he looked back up at his opponent. “I still win, though.” Karik waved the key in his hand, knowing he still beat the girl in a race, even if only by technicality. “Now, let’s see what’s inside!” Walking to the front of the chest, Karik put the key into the slot, unlocking the chest. More excited than he should be, Karik pulled the cover up slowly, eventually pushing it up before reaching his hand into the chest before checking to see what was inside.

eyJ1cmwiOiJodHRwczovL2Rpc2NvcmQuc3RvcmFnZS5nb29nbGVhcGlzLmNvbS9hdHRhY2htZW50cy8yNDQzMjY5NzQ4NzU1MDA1NDUvMjg0MTE1NTc2NTUxMzc0ODUxL0VRQXpGeHkucG5nIn0.rCs8ZBEB1gWid1Mu8JEDlszcBm0

"Haha, thanks. I've practiced since I was a kid, I should hope that by now I can actually use a weapon right. And heh, if you need me too I probably could. Don't think I could lift your friend though, I'm not that strong."

"Thanks for the compliments. I said I'd go with you already and I don't see any reason to change that now. And being friends would be great, I don't mind at all. Travelling with friends is way more fun than just getting paid to follow someone around."

Having gotten to the chest, Karik opens it up with the key he has and finds a staff inside it. The staff is fitted with a green orb, and looking at it makes Karik slightly drowsy.

Karik obtains a Sleep Staff!

oFAdgyX.png

"Well I'm sure we could just wait, I mean how long until the next boat?" Belros asked Madante curiously. Hopefully they weren't stranded here just like that women. That would not be good for anyone involved. 

Karik_Lets_do_this_Merce.png

Finally grabbing a handle, Karik pulled the item out. In his hands he found a staff, raising it up his face with a smile. “Hey, this looks pretty… Pretty cool...” Looking at the staff seemed to have made the boy a bit drowsy, the magic somehow having an effect on him. His legs eventually gave out, causing him to fall onto the ground. “Can someone be a good matie and go call the convoy man for me? Aye don't think Aye can hold this, and Aye'm pretty tired.” Karik closed his eyes, letting out a yawn as he iie down on the rather peaceful ground.

Edited by InnocentSerenity

4oYKY6N.png

"Even if you were, I doubt he'd let you. Beau seems to only really like me. I'm not sure why. Actually... none of the trainers were either. I'm the only person he's ever let even ride him for starters. They were going to send him off before... well he ended up with me." Rayne remembered that day like it was yesterday... the day she met Beau. Her answer though was clear she was avoiding saying what it was. She hesitated at the end of the sentence. Switching what she was going to say with something else at the last moment. She continued on talking though so it was rather hard to really remark on.

"Super though ah, you could carry me like in those old stories like a princess or something! My hero~ I would help but the most common danger you'd probably have to save me from is myself so... well, that might be awkward." she couldn't help but to giggle at that. 

3tWgNpl.png

"Oh god, not one of these damn things..." She reached down and rather disdainfully pulled the staff from the boy's hands as he lay on the ground. She knew the staff exactly for what it was the moment he'd pulled it out, had angered Prudence enough times to be on the other end of several variants of them. Unlike most staff wielders, that woman had the skill to actually consistently hit something with them; in her sister's hands, magic that was usually scoffed at by those who it failed to strike became a disciplined force to be feared and respected... probably had something to do with all that time training with crossbows... and that eyesight of hers.

Cadence held the thing out in front of her at arm's length in disgust, putting two fingers to her lips and giving a shrill whistle, before calling out to the man who let himself be summoned like dogs. She figured wherever he may come from, he might hear as he approached...

Zn4783x.png

"Eh, Courier! I've got something for you, take this off to our priestess, would you?" "Or secretly toss it into the ocean, if you'd prefer. I'm fine with either one...actually, wait...huh..."  already, she was beginning to consider her own advice, eyes idly drifting towards the water's not too far away...it was certainly tempting...

52 minutes ago, Hukuna the Undying said:

"Even if you were, I doubt he'd let you. Beau seems to only really like me. I'm not sure why. Actually... none of the trainers were either. I'm the only person he's ever let even ride him for starters. They were going to send him off before... well he ended up with me." Rayne remembered that day like it was yesterday... the day she met Beau. Her answer though was clear she was avoiding saying what it was. She hesitated at the end of the sentence. Switching what she was going to say with something else at the last moment. She continued on talking though so it was rather hard to really remark on.

"Super though ah, you could carry me like in those old stories like a princess or something! My hero~ I would help but the most common danger you'd probably have to save me from is myself so... well, that might be awkward." she couldn't help but to giggle at that. 

There was a story there, but Clarisse wasn't the prying type. If Rayne wanted to tell her she would, if she didn't she wouldn't, none of her business. 

"True, very awkward - no enemy to slay for the princess when the princess is her own enemy." she said - it was fun to play along with the pegasus rider's idle musings. The others here seemed they'd be a far more serious bunch.

Von_Coy.png

"You called?" the man announces, appearing from seemingly out of nowhere. He takes a look at the staff and smiles before taking it. "A sleep staff eh? Should be useful for the priestess. It certainly was for me, back in the day," he states before vanishing again. After a brief moment, he arrives near Emilee.

"I have a delivery for you miss," he announces, holding the sleep staff out towards her.

4oYKY6N.png

"You'd still probably look really heroic though so I think it works out in the end! I'd probably look pretty cute, I'm like... the cutest so that'd work." Rayne said adding in a curtsy afterwards, and spinning around. General cute things and what not. "So long as you get me to the right place I think that counts as defeating my airheadedness. I'd count it at least~"

"Huh, you said you started training as a kid huh? I started pretty late honestly... only about 2 years ago or so. It's not been all that long. Though I always dreamed of being a pegasus knight. Even since I was really little. AHHHHHH, they were always so cool! With their pegasuses... pegasi...?" she trailed off for a moment before regaining her train of thought. "Oh! And their lances... those were really cool too! They always reminded me of needles. My Ma always thought it was silly, but I couldn't help but make the comparison. Hmm... I have been sewing and tailoring since I was four though. So I guess I know what it's like to start something at a young age."

Emilee.png

"EEEP!" Emilee jumped up and away from the courier, scared half to death. When she realizes there is no danger she sigh heavily a hand on her chest. "Goddess, you nearly made my hair turn white. Oh what's this?" She picked up the staff inspecting it and frowned. She wasn't keen on this type of staff, not at all. Staves were meant to help, not harm! Still, it was a gift and "Gifts are gifts. I won't refuse a kind delivery, thank you very much. I'll try and make use of it." Try being a keyword. If she could subdue an enemy and pacify them without hurting then it would be fine. But Emilee knew these staves were used to then finish off the afflicted. But if it saved her companions, it would be okay... Right?