[Spoilers] The battle against ELI

Blue eyes

hey does anyone have any good advice on how to beat arceus? im having a lot of trouble just getting a single blow on it,

this is my current reborn team for this playthrough

(poochyena is supposed to be mightyena)

65394.png

Sturdy Golem, Sturdy Golem everywhere

Rly tho, survive the first hit with Sturdy and use EQ. Then use a revive, heal Golem to max HP and use EQ again, the ceiling will collapse defeating Arceus.

Iirc it should work on that field

Or without items Destiny Bond Weezing. That thing is rather bulky, so try again until you survive a hit (if Judgment gets the grass type due to the field you'll survive) to place a destiny bond.

Small advice if you don't want to loose the 10000 xp from the battle, send a pokemon, then instead of attacking send out another pokemon that will die. Then send your Weezing or Golem depending on your prefered strategy, that way when they die with Arceus your first pokemon gets the xp

Sturdy Magnezone+thunder wave should be enough to keep Arceus from sweeping a team. After paralysis I managed to 2HKO it with Blaziken, though one was a crit. Just paralyze it and wear it down with the rest of your team and you're good.

However if you don't want to go through that process, I imagine memento could work on Arceus to make its attacks do nothing, if Spiritomb is able to take a hit anyway.

Edited by AquaShadow85

thx guys, i will find a ability capsule and do just that,

i only got my spirtomb and weezing recently so it isnt up to speed with torttera, toxicroak ,golem or mightyena so as soon as i find an ability capsule i will be sure to try it

edit: i was able to defeat it with the magenmite and golem (since golem didnt have sturdy) thxs guys!

also for the benifit of the other players, are there any other good strategies to use?

Edited by Blue eyes

You can use pokemon with prankster to lower its stats or cripple it. Prankster + perish song is an easy way to kill it with as few as 2 pokemon (the second one would stall with prankster + substitute).

Imposter ditto could be useful. I'm not sure if a ditto holding a fist plate gets fighting-type judgement, but if so that'd do massive damage.

Punch it.

Really, Really hard.

Meaning use type berries and get lucky.

Let us now bow our heads in daily memoriam of Selina, Cheshire, Cinder, and Alphonse.

They are sorely missed.

you can also just status it and switch between a ghost and a normal-type a bunch of times while it slowly dies

Is that abusing shadow ball and focus blast? It doesn't run out of focus blasts?

A good way I've found of dealing with it is using a Dragalge with toxic. Dragalge resists 3 of the 4 types that judgement can take in that field (and if the field is still broken it actually can't become psychic type) and is easily bulky enough to take a hit and toxic. Then it's just a matter of throwing stuff at it until it dies.

Sooo, you may have already beaten him Blue Eyes, but may I offer up a somewhat different strategy? A...heheh, FEARful one?

Is it cheap? Yes.

Is it dirty? Yes.

Is it despicable? Yes.

Does it feel WONDERFUL? Oh HELL yes.

Steps required to do this are:

1) Save the daycare couple so you can breed pokemon.

2) catch a female Aron. They can be found in the underground railnet. Specifically an area you can sort of open up with the tracks. Just headbutt the pole till you get one

3) catch a male Cubone. They're found in the Wastes.

4) Teach Cubone Endeavor. Honestly, this is the hardest part of this list. Try to use the Move Tutor to save time if possible.

5) Breed Aron and Cubone together and get Aron with Endeavor.

6) Give Aron the Sturdy ability.

7) Cackle with glee as your level 1 F.E.A.R. Aron puts the fear in El.