Spork Episode 8: Smoothie + Delicia's Delicious Dreamland

Ice Cream Sand Witch

That's really strange... I checked its learnset in the files and it's there at level 16 like it should be. I also gave myself a level 16 Combusken and it had Double Kick. If you send me your save file, I can put Double Kick on your Combusken (just let me know which move to replace it with).

how do I do that? sorry I'm really dumb XD

• Global Mods

how do I do that? sorry I'm really dumb XD

Make a post (full screen; go to "More Reply Options") then where it says Attach Files underneath the post box, click the Choose Files box. Go into the C:, Users, your computer's name, Saved Games, and then go into the Pokemon Spork folder and upload the Game file that's in there.

• Global Mods

In the Trainer School, you can walk through the blackboard and the tile to the right of it (but you can't get into the void)

I made the blackboard non-passable so that's fixed now, but for some reason I can't stop the wall tile to the right of it from being walked through. I've noticed this in one other area, where a specific wall tile can be walked through even though it's made non-passable in the tileset and even though the exact same wall tiles in the rest of the map can't be walked through.

Litwick and Stunfisk float

You can walk all over the stairs from the upper side on the second floor of the trainer school

You can walk on the computer in the trainer school 2f

break in red hair girl dialogue: "in" ""before then, and it's really busy"

• Global Mods

Oops. Roost used to be the prize, but I decided to change it to Rest and make Roost the Flying leader's TM instead (who isn't battled in demo 1, and won't be battled for a while).

The Pokedex descriptions aren't a bug, they're intended to say what they say.

Going off of Game Corner bugs, I tried to buy Shadow Claw for 3000 and it says I need more. Don't know how much more yet.

Edit: I had about 3700 when it let me buy it. I think it might be 3500.

Edited by DragonMasterKrim

• Global Mods

Going off of Game Corner bugs, I tried to buy Shadow Claw for 3000 and it says I need more. Don't know how much more yet.

Edit: I had about 3700 when it let me buy it. I think it might be 3500.

I just checked and it's 3500, yeah. That's fixed now.

So I tested this out, then I also tested out Pixilate. Default Essentials doesn't have Gen 6 stuff, so I figured if one Gen 6 ability didn't work, others might not either. And I was right. I copied the Gen 6 data from the add-on on Pokecommunity when I first downloaded Essentials, and assumed it would work. But I just read the Abilities page on the wiki and it seems like defining the ability (which is what the files for Gen 6 did) is just the first step to making an ability work, and it alone isn't enough. So there's something else I need to do to make Gen 6 abilities work. Problem is, that's as far as the wiki explains. It doesn't tell me what folder or file or part of the script to go to in order to continue implementing abilities, so I have no clue what to do. :/

Glad finally Spork has been already released ^^ I'll play it once holiday comes...next month. Which Essentials version are you using?

• Global Mods

Glad finally Spork has been already released ^^ I'll play it once holiday comes...next month. Which Essentials version are you using?

I use v15. That's the version that was out when I downloaded Essentials last May. I didn't upgrade to 16 because I heard bad things about it. I did try inserting Spork into a v16 download yesterday after discovering that Gen 6 abilities didn't work since I also discovered apparently v16 has Gen 6 data, but they didn't work in v16 either. It can't be impossible to put these in, because many fangames have them, including Reborn (which has had them for a long time). The question is, how do they get them to work? I have the data for the abilities in the PBS files, but like I mentioned earlier, that's apparently not enough.

Hmm..that's weird since you are already try using v16. To make them work you have to have the data for the abilities in PBS files like you have already said and have the scripts to define how each ability works. These scripts is already implemented in v16. If you intend to use v15.1, try to follow the instruction on pokecommunity:

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=314567

The first post is intended for Essentials v16, the second post is for Essentials v15.1 (in spoiler tag by mej71). The second post has the download link for the scripts but since you already have tried v16 and it's still doesn't work, I have no idea what's wrong here.

Edited by PhantomBima

• Global Mods

Hmm..that's weird since you are already try using v16. To make them work you have to have the data for the abilities in PBS files like you have already said and have the scripts to define how each ability works. These scripts is already implemented in v16. If you intend to use v15.1, try to follow the instruction on pokecommunity:

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=314567

The first post is intended for Essentials v16, the second post is for Essentials v15.1 (in spoiler tag by mej71). The second post has the download link for the scripts but since you already have tried v16 and it's still doesn't work, I have no idea what's wrong here.

So I found out the data folder has a file called Scripts, so I copied the one from the Gen 6 Essentials download to a spare copy of Spork on my flash drive (used for testing out things like this in case something goes wrong). This made Gen 6 abilities work, but it also screwed up the positions of the circles on the battlefield (they're way higher than they should be) and made a mess of the summary pages of Pokemon since the EV/IV screen is something I inserted and not in default Essentials (autorun was also lost because of this). Fortunately like I said this is just a spare copy used for testing things like this (which I frequently replace with a copy of the main copy) but it seems like adding Gen 6 abilities this way breaks everything else.

Would be good if there was an opening in between picking your starter and waking up so it's easier to soft reset for us IV addicts. I've also noticed that text does not speed up when you hold down C, that could be an improvement. Otherwise I'm giving this one a shot, looks like it could be fun.

• Global Mods

Would be good if there was an opening in between picking your starter and waking up so it's easier to soft reset for us IV addicts. I've also noticed that text does not speed up when you hold down C, that could be an improvement. Otherwise I'm giving this one a shot, looks like it could be fun.

This is a good point. I didn't realize it at the time I was making the intro scenes, but there's not a break between choosing your starter and battling Emily. So in 1.1, I'm going to change it to where instead of automatically waking up after choosing a starter, you talk to Litwick after in order to wake up. This will let you immediately see if you like the nature and IVs.

EDIT: It has been done

I'm playing Spork for the first time (haven't made much progress yet).

I have a question though. If you had to choose a Pokemon as the main mascot, what Pokemon would you choose?

There's not really a spork Pokemon or anything close to it, so maybe a food Pokemon? Vanilluxe would fit since the creator is an ice cream sand witch.

• Global Mods

I can't interact with the shop owner of the berry and herb shop in the Grass gym city. By the way, Where do I get a sun stone?

Going to fix now, thanks.

There's a stone seller in the last area of the demo. He's outside and has a hiker sprite.