Animals that need to be made into Pokemon

Maelstrom

yeah, a legit gorilla would be nice. does anyone even like the elemonkeys? Primape is like, half pig, really.

a cockroach pokemon should be made.

I second the notion of a fly pokemon.

a pokemon based off the gila monster.

a hummingbird

an alligator snapping turtle

poison dart frog

a husky

a triceratops. bastiodon doesn't cut it for me.

stegosaurus.

a spider that weaves dreamcatcher style webs

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can answer some of those:

Hummingbird: Sigilyph is technically the Nazca lines' Hummingbird. But I see what you mean, a legit fairy/flying hummer with Sap Sipper would be cool.

Husky: Iwanko might be one. It has the curly tail.

Alligator Snapping Turtle: Torterra might count, although it is based on land tortoises, its mouth and about are similar. But yea, Blastoise is a terrapin of some kind and Carracosta is a Sea Turtle. No one cares about Torkoal anyways.

Triceratops: Aggron, esp. Mega Aggron, can be one. It is partially based on the ceratopian design.

Poison Dart Frog: Toxicroak?

Gila monster...don't we have any poisonous lizards/dragons? No? Well yeah, we need that one then. Along with a dolphin, good lord, alola, show us a DOLPHIN please...

Ankylosaurus

Antelope

Caiman

Cheetah

Cuttlefish

Dolphin

Echidna

Electric Catfish

Electric Ray

Gazelle

Hedgehog

Hornet

Hummingbird

Knifefish

Labyrinthodont

Lamprey

Lemur

Llama

Lobster

Mosquito

Nautilus

Ocelot

Opossum

Orca

Panther

Platypus

Possum

Python

Roach

Sponge

Stegosaurus

Tiger

Tuatara

Wallaby

Wolf

Worm

Edited by Truly Deceptive

Viri's here to ruin your fun again!

I'd enjoy using a Lama as a fast physical sweeper honestly

A Lama? You mean..?

vWPD5s6.jpg

Unless you mean a Llama, in which case, well...

PRAISE BE TO ARCEUS, OUR GREAT LLAMA-HULA-HOOP GOD!! It's everything you ever wanted: it's fast, a deadly sweeper with SD ESpeed, and it's a Camelid to boot!

And as for the large list following, I can again answer some:

Ankylosaurus: Torterra is more than half an ankylosaur. Rhyperior also resembles one, complete with club tail.

Antelope: Virizion is a gazelle-ish thing, which is by extension an antelope. Cobalion also resembles one.

Cuttlefish: Inkay and Malamar share traits of squid and cuttlefish.

Electric catfish: If you are referring to the Electric Eel, which is indeed more related to catfish, then Eelektross is one, although it is also a Lamprey.

Gazelle: Virizion, as above.

Hedgehog: Shaymin-Regular. It is literally a HEDGEhog (geddit, cuz grass type, eh? Eh?...OK, sorry.)

Hornet: Beedrill and Mega Beedrill are more hornets then actually bees.

Lamprey and Knife fish: Eelektross, as above. Boy, we sure are repeating ourselves.

Hummingbird: Sigilyph, as stated. Though we do need a proper hummer.

Platypus: Golduck and Psyduck resemble a platypus more than an actual duck.

Python: Probably Serperior, close enough.

Tiger: Raikou? Lando-T? Litten, maybe?

Worm: uh...idk, there should be some bug.

Orca: KYOGRE. It literally is an orca. It's name is a combo of Kai (ocean) + Ō (emperor) + orca + eygre (a tidal phenomenon)

So yeah, we got most of these. I'm gonna continue clamouring for a dolphin and a wolf, though gallery without mosquito and roach mons tyvm.

EDIT: ICSW ninjask'd me with the Shaymin pun, but oh well, I cede that to her willingly. (Heh, geddit? Cede? Cuz it sounds like Seed, and Shaymin is grass...OK, I need help.)

Viri's here to ruin your fun again!A Lama? You mean..?

vWPD5s6.jpg

ICSW ninjask'd me with the Shaymin pun, but oh well, I cede that to her willingly. (Heh, geddit? Cede? Cuz it sounds like Seed, and Shaymin is grass...OK, I need help.)

Goddamnit, Barb.

Anyways, regular knifefish ought to have a different representative (preferably one that isn't Electric-type). And electric catfish aren't the same species as electric eels (in fact, IIRC, they're a whole genus).

I forgot to mention swordfish, clownfish, narwhals, and sailfish (or marlins in general). Oh, and hammerhead sharks. And non-torpedo-hybrid sharks.

And the ガ in Kyogre's Japanese name makes it more difficult to identify as an orca (and that possible association between them is lost in translation).

Edited by Truly Deceptive

Nevertheless, simply looking at Kyogre should show that it's based very heavily on orcas. The same eye-spot and belly patterns, large pectoral fins, mouth full of sharp triangular teeth, Shiny Primal Kyogre is even the characteristic Black-and-White coloration.

Anyhow, I quite agree with the need for Bill in general, as well as tuna and mackerel in general, too. Garchomp might count as a Hammerhead shark, but it's also a dragon and a jet plane so yeah a legit one would be nice.

And I could make a case for Crawdaunt being a lobster but I myself admitted that it is a crawdad, or crayfish. It passes of as a lobster, though, with its coloration and size and certain other traits.

We don't have a krill Pokémon yet, either. Something should exist to feed the wailords!

eygre is an alternate spelling to eager. where do you get the info that it is a tidal phenomenon? Did you mean guyser?

idk about kai being ocean. in what language? cuz umi is ocean in japanese, and it certainly isn't english.

fast sweeper? a llama? Llamas are neither fast, nor offensive (unless you're talking about how ugly they look). It would probably be just another slow bulky thing nobody would care to use.

iwanko is supposed to be doge, apparently. and probably would be more of an ice type than the ground or rock type iwanko is. btw, wan is a dog bark in japanese and ko is used to refer to younger things. aka, neko is cat, koneko is kitten.

none of the current turtles are anywhere close to an alligator snapping turtle. nor is a torterra even a good substitute for a stegosaurus. Maybe an ankylosaurus without the tail hammer. Having the sharp beak mouth is pretty common to all tortoises and doesn't count as a snapper if it doesn't make use of it.

ain't nobody like sigilyph's design.

An electric catfish is exactly that. A catfish that generates electricity. Like an electric eel. but it's a catfish. But we do have wishcash and lantern works to serve the same purpose.

A cuttlefish would emphasize its color changing ability. Probably with moves like camouflage or protean or kecleon's original ability. malamar is kinda random and definitely more squid-based and would clearly have a different role on a team than a cuttlefish pokemon.

We do need a legit tiger. Raikou is a dog and is just a silly design anyways. It is more of a sabretooth tiger than anything else. I would agree with tiger but it looks like the new fire starter is going to give us a real tiger for once.

gazelle. a non-legendary version of one wouldn't be bad. I certainly don't virizion in any case. It would also give pyroar something to prey on. aside from zebstrika.

An ocelot would be cool, but its a smaller cat and it would probably just end up being on the fragile side, like the other cats game freak has given us.

We do have a nautilus with the Omastar line.

a sea sponge would make for a boring pokemon, methinks.

sandshrew is more of an armadillo, while sandslash is pretty much an echidna.

speaking of which, shaymin doesn't much act like a hedgehog, which is why people want another one. though chesnaut comes to mind.

I think we might get a hammerhead shark because in hawaii they're apparently considered guardians and may be dead relatives reincarnated. looking forward to this game's water types, tbh.

Also, Sandslash is a Pangolin not really an echidna, I think.

And yea, eygre is an alternate and slightly archaic way of talking about tidal bores and similar phenomena. The 'gre' part of Kyogre comes from that, aside from the romanization of Kaiorga, it's Jap name, where the 'orca' part is more clearly visible. I certainly don't see it coming from 'ogre', anyway, because Kyogre doesn't look anything like Shrek. It might have layers though, don't know about that!

I also want a Stegosaurus, really. Could be the next fossil, for all we know.

Also, Sandslash is a Pangolin not really an echidna, I think.

And yea, eygre is an alternate and slightly archaic way of talking about tidal bores and similar phenomena. The 'gre' part of Kyogre comes from that, aside from the romanization of Kaiorga, it's Jap name, where the 'orca' part is more clearly visible. I certainly don't see it coming from 'ogre', anyway, because Kyogre doesn't look anything like Shrek. It might have layers though, don't know about that!

I also want a Stegosaurus, really. Could be the next fossil, for all we know.

I would also like a stegosaurus, that would be plenty cool

Pretty sure kyogre is a legendary orca, but anyway, wouldn't hurt to have a normal pokemon based on dem killer whales, or any whales in general because... wailmer and wailor..well..eh

I'm not sure why people keep saying iwanko is a "doge" .. It most definitely is not based on a shiba inu, and not even bulbapedia acknowledges that it is

Neither sandshrew nor sandlash are armadillos or echidnas, we don't have a true armadillo mon and we need one (almost as much as we need a true wolf)

Alpaca mon or Llama mon would be nice indeed

Eagre, as in a tidal bore.

海 <- kanji "kai" used for "sea."

You meant to use "e.g." (that is, "for the sake of example") instead of aka.

Omastar and Omanyte are ammonites.

*looks back*

what aka? ak47? and you used the hiragana instead of the kanji. *shrug*

heh, I learned something new. eagre is so archaic even I didn't know of it.

no no, sandshrew is an armadillo

armadillo.jpgsandshrew.jpg

armadillo_three_banded_04.jpg

vlcsnap-2014-05-11-14h55m21s176.png

Ammonites are the ancestors to the nautilus and are basically unchanged. They're kinda the same thing.

*looks back*

what aka? ak47? and you used the hiragana instead of the kanji. *shrug*

heh, I learned something new. eagre is so archaic even I didn't know of it.

no no, sandshrew is an armadillo

armadillo.jpgsandshrew.jpg

armadillo_three_banded_04.jpg

vlcsnap-2014-05-11-14h55m21s176.png

Ammonites are the ancestors to the nautilus and are basically unchanged. They're kinda the same thing.

Ain't no pure true armadillo dood. It's some mix of pangolin/shrew/armadillo (even according to bulbapedia), but we all know a pure armadillo wouldnt look like that, just like a pure lynx wouldnt look like a lion and a pure wolf wouldnt look like a manectric

Although Manectric is not even a wolf, it's based on the Maned Wolf, which is actually not that closely related to wolves. In fact, it's not really related to any other canid very closely either.

While we're at it, how about an actual shrew Pokemon? Sandshrew is definitely not very similar to one.

Also I vote the next electric vermin Pika-clone will be a Jerboa, maybe an Electric/Fighting one? It could call itself Jerboing, and get HJK and Bounce and stuff, and actually be at least a little threatening.

Also I vote the next electric vermin Pika-clone will be a Jerboa, maybe an Electric/Fighting one? It could call itself Jerboing, and get HJK and Bounce and stuff, and actually be at least a little threatening.

See, thats funny because like, its small. :feelsgd:

But also, a skink, and a nice yak.

post-54536-0-05612700-1466514946_thumb.jpg

Like this precious bab.

Edited by Swampellow

Scyther. Scizor. Mega Scizor.

Any other, lesser praying mantis is an insult to the noble Steel type! It shall face my Bullet Punches and perish.

A mantis shrimp, Water/Fighting, with Technician Mach Punch and Aqua Jet would be cool as hell though.