Animals that need to be made into Pokemon

Maelstrom

I would like to see another ice/ghost type Pokemon. Maybe something based on the Wendigo or a Revenant. I know both are creepy, but I am sure they can make it all cutesy.

by all accounts, wendigo is like a winterized bigfoot. Aka, an abominable snowman, aka abomasnow.

I don't see how a platypus pokemon would really differ much from psyduck though.

tbh, gamefreak is terrible with mammals/normal types.

zigzagoon was fine... and then linoone happened.

beavers are interesting, but then they gave us derpy bibarrel

sentret and furret are tame/lame as hell. they turned a ferret into weeb kawaii awfulness. that is disproportionately huge.

why does zangoose look like a furry who has been in too many barfights and not like a mongoose? (new mongoose is way more legit, btw)

jigglypuff. enough said.

clefable. also enough said.

kinda lame that normal type pretty much only means hp in pokemon terms. look at ursaring, chansey, snorlax, miltank, etc.

or just... completely underwhelming. persian, raticate, granbull, purrugly, etc. slow start, truant. cough.

The only normal type I ever enjoyed using was Stoutland.

I've had enough of GF and their cutesy bs too.

they should have gone with those instead of gastrodon, swampellow, but GF is a group of terrible people with terrible taste.

Masquerain, the evolution chain goes from weaker, general form to tougher. so yeah, smaller bird into a falcon.

A woodpecker into a delicate wading bird would be like taking a step backward in that respect to my eyes.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By the way (to clear things up), you argued:

idk about kai being ocean. in what language? cuz umi is ocean in japanese, and it certainly isn't english.

I posted

海 <- kanji "kai" used for "sea."

to point out that there is a kanji for sea called kai, to which you responded

what aka? ak47? and you used the hiragana instead of the kanji. *shrug*

ガ was from an unrelated post in which I mentioned that using that instead of カ made the use use of orcas as the basis for Kyogre questionable, since the Japanese transliteration of orca is オーカ.

Ok, it was a suggestion before; now it's a request. Please make sure all posts are relevant to this topic. If you really want to discuss the Japanese character issue, take it to PM, thank you.

Can we see a lemur Pokemon? Or maybe some hybrid breeds, like Legend of Korra and Avatar: The Last Airbender has

Sky bison! It could be a pure flying type to give tornadus some company.

That's gonna be awesome..may be with Flying/Psychic type

I don't see how a platypus pokemon would really differ much from psyduck though.

Well a Psyduck is a duck and a platypus is a platypus,besides it's a missing link+living fossil

Speaking of which,they can also make a salamander or a King Crab.

Ok, it was a suggestion before; now it's a request. Please make sure all posts are relevant to this topic. If you really want to discuss the Japanese character issue, take it to PM, thank you.

Can we see a lemur Pokemon? Or maybe some hybrid breeds, like Legend of Korra and Avatar: The Last Airbender has

c05f3fe055.jpg Since you mention lemurs.. I'll just mention this again and ask why it can't be real :(

Really though, I want a lemur mon too

Well a Psyduck is a duck and a platypus is a platypus,besides it's a missing link+living fossil

Speaking of which,they can also make a salamander or a King Crab.

Golduck is most certainly more mammalian than avian. It can pass for a platypus.

And as for salamanders, we have a shit ton of them: Charmander, the Mudkip family, Quagsire, even Salamence if you accept the fact that it has gill-like extentions on its face and can learn Hydro Pump. Please, no more salamanders. They're almost as overdone as frogs and cats and snakes.

And if by King Crab you mean the Horseshoe Crab, then I'm sure Kabuto and Kabutops can be considered.

Understood. Sorry for rambling. Whatever the case, I appreciate everyone's ideas and effort.

On a more relevant note, we need another axolotl that stays an axolotl upon evolving.

Edited by Truly Deceptive

King crab? Isn't that Kingler?

If we're lucky, the volcanoes in the new region will give us a torkoal evolution. (not only would that be badass, eviolite torkoal would go to town)

I suppose we could use a grasshopper. delelelewhoop~ is an interesting cricket, but not terribly good in play or design.

Someone said a stingray earlier and I could roll with that.

kinda surprised we don't have a literal fire ant yet. the more I think about it, the more durant seems like a megaman enemy.

Durant is a bullet ant though. And yeah, a fire ant would be cool (or actually not cool, but rather heated), but it would suffer because unlike Volcarona it wouldn't have QD to make up for that horrible defensive typing. And somehow I can't imagine it using Flare Blitz or Fire Punch Or Blaze Kick (ants, I mean, c'mon, they don't have the biological capability if they're properly structured like Durant was) so it's probably going to be stuck with Fire Fang and Bug Bite (Technician would make it cooler) etc. Design wise, yes, competitive wise, eh not so much. Especially since it would basically be a Durant rip-off with a much worse typing.

And as for king crab, yes, kingler is one (a fiddler crab technically but eh who cares crabs are crabs); I got confused because I was thinking about horseshoe crabs, which are also crustaceans but are not actually crabs. In any case, those concepts are already covered by kingler and Kabutops.

Personally I'd want a scorpionfly or a locust. We need scarier bugs. I also already said that I want a termite, an actually good Bug/Ground Pokemon. Also, a Water Beetle or something would be good, since we basically have no water bugs (surskit does NOT count)

exactly it would be a pure dragon or something like dragon/dark

Possibly even dragon/poison. While not actually venomous, komodo dragons bite their prey once, and then the prey runs away... but soon die because of all the bacteria in its bite.

There is no swordfish Pokemon as of yet, right?

Also, a Pokemon based on the Chimera (the goat-lion-serpent mishmash slain by Bellerophon) or the Basilisk (the serpent that poisoned with his glance) would be awesome. :)

And it would be cool to have an Ankylosaur and a Dunkleostis as fossil Pokemon...

that would be cool. the first dragon/poison.

A giraffe would be good too (an actually one, not like girafarig)

b-but..dragalge is poisondragon :ph34r:

and yeah, just like donphan is a really poor portrayal of an elephant, so is girafarig of a giraffe

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...