Animals that need to be made into Pokemon

Maelstrom

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love birdies. Most anything that's a birdy makes me happy, especially if they're chickens. Torchic and Combusken start out as chickens but then evolve into an eagle-like furry kicky thing that's an awesome battler but disappointingly almost nothing like a chicken.

And I'm gonna get roasted for this one, but... something derpy and adorable like Trubbish/Garbodor. iregretnothing

The already mentioned blaziken, or there's also vullaby, that resembles a hen despite being based on a vulture chick, technically.

A toothed deer or an actual reindeer that doesn't suck ass like stantler would be cool. A moose, a donkey, a whale shark, an anglerfish that looks scarier than lanturn, a viperfish, elephant seal (could be bulky as fuck), porpoise, real scorpion and not whatever drapion is supposed to be, etc.

A reindeer sorta exists already in Sawsbuck

There should be a Water type deer called Raindeer.

Excellent. It can be based on the Indian Swamp Deer, as well. As the name implies, it's a kind of deer that has great affinity for water. Make a better Normal/Water type than Bibarel, just to taunt Bibs :]

Golduck is supposed to be more of a kappa, I hear, but Psyduck is kinda platypus-ish.

Speaking of Japanese mythological thingies, we should get one of those hopping one-eyed umbrella thingies that people will hate because it's another object Pokemon thingy.

I have yet to see mention of an Aardwolf in this thread. That and wolves beyond Manectric.

A larger variety of foxes that stays distinctly vulpine (since Eevee's line goes more feline). None of the anthropomorphic vulpids like Delphox, either.

More possessed/sentient nonliving objects (Pokeball, Magnet, Appliances, Garbage, IceCreamsandwitch, Keychain, Sword, Pokedex etc) Maybe an axe, so we can have a Hackmon.

Totally didn't put this because of above post

Cetaceans beyond Kyogre and Styrofoam the Whale.

A living explosion

A fly.

Edited by Cobalt996

I'd like a Fairy/Flying bird-of-paradise. Any bird-of-paradise would do, but Raggiana maybe? Ribbon-tailed Astrapia? C'mon, pretty bird fairies!

I also second Viri's request for an Egret. Little Egrets are some of my favourite ever birds.

Or a sunbittern. Those are pretty darn cool.

Potoo

The topic said animals, not inanimate objects. Else I'd just want every single Pokémon to be a steel and/or psychic cyborg/robot/alien/mech. But we have quite a lot of those already, as well as other inanimate objects.

How about an actual kangaroo or wallaby? Kangaskhan doesn't count.

Also, a sphenodon would be cool as a pseudo-fossil mon (like relicanth) since they are living fossils, after all. We could also use a Stegosaurus and a Baryonix as fossils.

Actual other thoughts:

Less of the "normal" birds [see: Pigeon, Starling, Sparrow, etc] (which coincidentally end up as Normal-types) in favour of more obscure varieties [see: Ama's post]. I agree with this.

Still thinking about a fly. Beyond that, less butterflies and moths (and wannabes of either) in favour of less cutesy bugs (considering we only got Vivillon... outlook poor)

A mosquito that breathes fire. Not spits fire; literally breathes fire. That is, "requires a respiratory intake of fire in order to sustain adequate living functions."

More, better mustelidae members. Samurott is... uh............ And Furret isn't that great, either. Zangoose is fine. Gimme a polecat.

Sarcasm:

We need a Pokemon... based off Pikachu.

More Bagworms would be nice too; perhaps they could just expand on Wormadam?

I have yet to see mention of an Aardwolf in this thread. That and wolves beyond Manectric.

A larger variety of foxes that stays distinctly vulpine (since Eevee's line goes more feline). None of the anthropomorphic vulpids like Delphox, either.

More possessed/sentient nonliving objects (Pokeball, Magnet, Appliances, Garbage, IceCreamsandwitch, Keychain, Sword, Pokedex etc) Maybe an axe, so we can have a Hackmon.

Totally didn't put this because of above post

Cetaceans beyond Kyogre and Styrofoam the Whale.

A living explosion

A fly.

The aardwolf looks much like a hyena so I guess that may be a reason (other than the unfamiliar name)

But this thread is full of wolf mentions :ph34r:

Wouldnt mind that aardwolfie tho, it looks cool

oh yeah, also wish this was real

754b016cde.jpg

we totally need a pokemon based on lemurs

Edited by Masquerain

754b016cde.jpg

we totally need a pokemon based on lemurs

Cool fake leak there (and yeah wish we had a lemur mon like that one, so cute), but this is the first time I see this particular one. Where did you find it?

Cool fake leak there (and yeah wish we had a lemur mon like that one, so cute), but this is the first time I see this particular one. Where did you find it?

it was part of the fake coro coro leaks for sunmoon that were floating around the net. If you google fake pokemon sun moon, you'll find it quite fast

I realize the thread says animals, but I'm actually quite a big fan of the possessed object Pokémon that form a decent portion of the Ghost type. Litwick, Honedge, Shuppet, etc.

More of those would be nice, with different types of objects as a base.

are you ready to endorse the haunted brick cult? :ph34r:

I realize the thread says animals, but I'm actually quite a big fan of the possessed object Pokémon that form a decent portion of the Ghost type. Litwick, Honedge, Shuppet, etc.

More of those would be nice, with different types of objects as a base.

A Witch broom would be really cool (fairy/dark with levitate, maybe?). Would also make fun interactions in the overworld.

We also have one ape and one monkey atm, expanding that would be nice (gorilla is an option). And not to mention some extinct ones, like the Sabertooth Tiger or unused geni of dinosaurs.

A Witch broom would be really cool (fairy/dark with levitate, maybe?). Would also make fun interactions in the overworld.

We also have one ape and one monkey atm, expanding that would be nice (gorilla is an option). And not to mention some extinct ones, like the Sabertooth Tiger or unused geni of dinosaurs.

We have sloths, orangutangs, whatever aipom , mankey and ele monkeys are, and ofc chimchar

Edited by Masquerain

garden eels! only found when diving b/c they don't leave the ocean floor, so they'd be a lot like diglett, just... underwater? there could be a really cool and really frustrating underwater area w/ patches of tall seaweed that could either be seaweed or just a group of garden eels lmao

(tynamo is a thing but... imo they're more leeches than eels and not even water types smh

also the final evo has arms what's up w/ that)

more sarcasm

another unown adventure like in gold/silver! a pokemon for every element on the periodic table! kids' gonna be learnin their chemistry faster than u can say 'nuzlocke'! we hate fun here!

Edited by 4w5