What Pokémon would you wish never existed?

Ironbound

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

pikachu did nothing wrong

Is like Jan said. Pikachu suffers from being the mascot, so it's the mon everyone knows and sadly gamefreak pushes it and throws it into everyone's faces. It harvests the hatred of the most....passionate fans, the same way ANY other pokemon would have if they were picked up as mascot in due time. The fact it is pikachu and not, say, clefable, rhydon or charmander, is irrelevant. In a parallel universe, charizard has been the official pokemon mascot since gen 1 and fans could not be more tired of it by now (#speculation).

Still, this is a reason as valid as any other to hate a mon. Pikachu is literally everywhere, but I personally don't care about it. What I DO wish tho, is that raichu could actually use the light ball, or at least get some screen time.

Only few of them :

1) rattata-raticate 9)wooper-quagshire 17)sunkern-sunflora 25)wobbuffet 33)kling-klang

2)unknown 10)wingull 18)cryogonal 26)hoopa 34)genesect

3)shuppet-bunette 11)relicanth 19)meditite 27)MEWTWO (no.1) 35)aromatisse

4)dunsparce 12)huntail 20)venonat 28)shedinja 36)klefki

5)spinda 13)ducklett 21)qwilfish 29)lunaton

6)bidoof-bibarel 14)pachirisu 22)gulpin-swuallot 30)druddigon

7)patrat-watchog 15)eelecktross 23)chattot 31)Kyurem

8)darumaka-darmanitan 16)tangela 24)drowse-hypno 32)mawile

i think they are kinda few.......DONT YOU THINK????????

Edited by Pausaunias

I wouldn't destroy Pikachu. Annoying as it is, it's still the mascot for Pokemon, and as others have said the same fate would befall basically anything that got put in its place.

I kind of like the Pika-clones design wise, I just wish they were made stronger. That would definitely help bring them out of the mouse's shadow.

In all honesty, I would rather destroy... Volcanion, I guess? I just don't really like him, he's ugly and unmemorable. I don't think anyone would miss him too much, really.

Only few of them :

1) rattata-raticate 9)wooper-quagshire 17)sunkern-sunflora 25)wobbuffet 33)kling-klang

2)unknown 10)wingull 18)cryogonal 26)hoopa 34)genesect

3)shuppet-bunette 11)relicanth 19)meditite 27)MEWTWO (no.1) 35)aromatisse

4)dunsparce 12)huntail 20)venonat 28)shedinja 36)klefki

5)spinda 13)ducklett 21)qwilfish 29)lunaton

6)bidoof-bibarel 14)pachirisu 22)gulpin-swuallot 30)druddigon

7)patrat-watchog 15)eelecktross 23)chattot 31)Kyurem

8)darumaka-darmanitan 16)tangela 24)drowse-hypno 32)mawile

i think they are kinda few.......DONT YOU THINK????????

Some of them do have a decent concept (mawile), or have (a funny) use (FEAR). And as much as I dislike Bibarel, it was quite convenient to slap almost all my HMs on one mon (plus PMD-EoS spinoff).

But some of them feel quite lazy, too (gears?), and some downright useless.

Rage. Hatred. Wanting to make people hear Nickelback and laughing as they get tortured. This is what I feel when I see

250px-432Purugly.png

Really? Goddamn really? It's bad, it's ugly (and REALLY ugly), it's competitively useless (only claim is being cheap against some pokemon with Fake out + Thick Fat) and it's another cat (like we didn't have enough of those, GameFreak). And also, Glameow was pretty. Purugly absolutely ruined that.

250px-172Pichu.png

"Pikachu has been a success and has always been the number one mascot for the franchise, and it even casts a shadow over its own evolution, Raichu. Let's give it a pre-evolution with a slightly uncreative and moe design that adds nothing to the game and isn't even necessarily cuter"- GameFreak 2000

and also

201___unown___art_v_3_by_tails19950-d90z

I remember when I was young and didn't want to rage eternally. I was playing Pokemon Platinum. Then I found this odd pokemon that resembled a letter. Its name was Unown. Then I found another Unown, one shaped like a different letter than before. I was intrigued. Then, later in the game, I found a man inside a cave talking about those Unowns. I didn't know what he was talking about because I skipped the dialogue (like I always did back then), yet I knew from that that I had to catch all the Unowns to uncover some secrets. And so I did. Then I returned to the cave where that man was. He had dug the walls, andthe cave had turned into a hallway. At the end of that hallway, there was a chamber, one with only 2 Unown forms: the exclamation mark and the interrogation mark ones. And I thought to myself, is that it? Then I found a single Rare candy when going outside from the other end of the chamber. Then I realized: THAT was it. I lost precious time I could have used to be a child, or to break windows, or for something else. Ana all I got were 26 copies of the same useless pokemon, with an uncreative design (they're FRIGGIN ONE-EYED LETTERS), horrible stats, and only one move: Hidden power. Nothing special by itself. That's how I lost faith in big in-game events.

I wouldn't destroy Pikachu. Annoying as it is, it's still the mascot for Pokemon, and as others have said the same fate would befall basically anything that got put in its place.

I kind of like the Pika-clones design wise, I just wish they were made stronger. That would definitely help bring them out of the mouse's shadow.

In all honesty, I would rather destroy... Volcanion, I guess? I just don't really like him, he's ugly and unmemorable. I don't think anyone would miss him too much, really.

If the pokemon mascot was something like, Charizard (already a popular one. was it too hard to be the mascot also?), the people making fun of poke-hobbyists because it is "for babies pika pika" because of the dumb anime (which i dislike as a whole) would decrease by 15-20%

Edited by DemICE

• Veterans

Among the 720 species, there's 1 mon I truly dislike; Magneton but I do not despise it as much as this thing:

ff4c0d1dd62d3436cbf1d1a33f8da7aa0bdb97d2

Let me give you all some insight as to why I do despise this thing. Back when I played Crystal, I used to love collecting mons and shit, normal stuff amirite? Well for the majority of my childhood I had no idea how to evolve an exeggcute into this thing so I never got one myself for a VERY long time. By the time I found out, Diamond and Pearl had come out after I skipped Gen 3 due to loss of interest in the series soon after those came out. Coming back into it, I found on in HGSS and decided to raise it. Most useless piece of shit I've ever used, boxed for Tangrowth once I found that thing.

But the part that TRULY made me despise it came from a Fire Red Nuzlocke I did a year ago. I got to the championship fight with Blue, he sent in his Exeggutor right after his Blastoise falling to my Magneton. Low on health and wanting to spare my healing items, I switched into Pidgeot. Sleep Powder'd. An egg bomb followed. Following the damage roll that did just above 1/3 of Pidgeot's HP in damage, I thought that I could use Wing Attack and then Fly to finish it. Wing Attack brings it to just above half it's health. Egg Bomb is used again. Critical Hit. Pidgeot died. Charizard is sent in and used Fire Blast. It missed. Sleep Powder takes it out of commission and I didn't want to risk it setting up a Light Screen so Primeape is sent in to finish it with a Hyper Beam as it's the only move left on my team that could possibly take it out. Giga Drain is used once. Critical Hit. One Shot. Primeape died. I sent in my Charizard that was put to sleep and use a Poke Flute to wake it up as I only had Hyper Potions left. Exeggutor used Light Screen. It then survived Charizard's Fire Blast and I switched into my Magneton. Egg bomb. Critical hit. Magneton fainted.

In that one nuzlocke, a Pokemon I thought to be absolute trash managed to wipe out half my team and if not for some good luck after the horrible streak described above, I'd have lost to his Alakazam that could now sweep my team on it's own. It made me absolutely despise Exeggutor in general. Fuck this tree.

Pokemon is a game for kids, some people will always make fun of adult fans, that doesn't change without Pikachu. Also, the hate for it is ridiculously excessive, something has to be the face of the franchise and the dice felt on Pikachu. Charizard isn't the mascot because it's a starter, they're supposed to be balanced (even though GF is notoriously bad at that).

It's fine to dislike a Pokemon, but to dislike a Pokemon for something like this is petty.

I thought the whole point of this thread was to express why we wish certain pokemon didn't exist. Now honestly I probably would've hated clefairy had it been the mascot but I'm honestly not a big fan of clefairy to begin with. Also it's more than just "oh pikachu's the mascot, so it must burn" even if that is part of the reason I've been tortured plenty of times because I'm a fan of pokemon as I'm sure the majority of us have and the thing that always pops up is pikachu, it also doesn't help that my name can mix with it to form Mikachu, do you have any idea how annoying that is every day ;~; But anyway, the reason I know it's not biased is because I have no problems with any other mascot of any franchise except pikachu.

Rage. Hatred. Wanting to make people hear Nickelback and laughing as they get tortured. This is what I feel when I see

250px-432Purugly.png

Really? Goddamn really? It's bad, it's ugly (and REALLY ugly), it's competitively useless (only claim is being cheap against some pokemon with Fake out + Thick Fat) and it's another cat (like we didn't have enough of those, GameFreak). And also, Glameow was pretty. Purugly absolutely ruined that.

Purugly's competitive use is for Defiant to discourage Defogging, rather than using Thick Fat :>

But Pawniard exists in PU (again) so Purugly doesn't really have that much going for it now

I agree tho like I expected Glameow's evolution to be refined or something but it turned into... this.

ALSO KEKEKE AZERY

Gentle reminder, Lesnaught critique other's reasons for disliking something, even if it is your own fav Mon. Messnaught with other's opinions, it's Jesnaught worth it, and I Jestnaught when I say so. I could string up Shing for the Magnezone, but I Guesnaught, because that was a joke anyway so Stressnaught, okay?

I thought the whole point of this thread was to express why we wish certain pokemon didn't exist. Now honestly I probably would've hated clefairy had it been the mascot but I'm honestly not a big fan of clefairy to begin with. Also it's more than just "oh pikachu's the mascot, so it must burn" even if that is part of the reason I've been tortured plenty of times because I'm a fan of pokemon as I'm sure the majority of us have and the thing that always pops up is pikachu, it also doesn't help that my name can mix with it to form Mikachu, do you have any idea how annoying that is every day ;~; But anyway, the reason I know it's not biased is because I have no problems with any other mascot of any franchise except pikachu.

Maybe the sh*tty anime helps that cause by making pikachu out to be something far better than it actually can ever be, also annoying, overused and overpowered when the convenience suits Ash. Needless to say, that spotlight falls on the ashfrog right now, which is just as annoying, but yeah

I love that Glameow turns into a snobby fat bastard. Purugly is cool and has a lot of personality in its design, moreso than Delcatty despite beingnot as cute. And complaining about too many cats is like saying they're too many early rodents or birds, It's an archetype we get every gen.

There's no pokemon I'd totally want removed as even if I don't like them, I can respect whatever they bring to the franchise.

Actually no. Meganetric would be one, for having THE worst mega design, not being a regular evolution, and generally ruining any chance of me liking this line.

Edited by Monochrome_Complex

632.gif

I don't think I dislike any Pokemon... except for this thing *shudders*

I don't mind insects too much, but idk the way it moves is just freaky. Gen 6 made it slightly better... but urgh. I don't like this thing at all.

I love that Glameow turns into a snobby fat bastard. Purugly is cool and has a lot of personality in its design, moreso than Delcatty despite beingnot as cute. And complaining about too many cats is like saying they're too many early rodents or birds, It's an archetype we get every gen.

There's no pokemon I'd totally want removed as even if I don't like them, I can respect whatever they bring to the franchise.

Actually no. Meganetric would be one, for having THE worst mega design, not being a regular evolution, and generally ruining any chance of me liking this line.

Same goes with Audino, i mean like Eviolite Audino could have been a new meta if given a regular evolution instead of godknowswhat that thing called Mega Audino, it is not even that good in NU as we have better tanks in NU and Audinite occupies item slot, just because fairy types have scanty amount of mons at the moment doesnt mean everything has to be shoved into fairy typings, there is always another generation to do that.

In actuality I'd not delete things things are there for a reason and despite what people think someone out there likes them. (( Hi, I'm the one person who likes Farfetch'd.))

Honestly I hate the pseudo mascots more than I do Pikachu. Like the ones they just repeatedly try and shove down your throat. At least Pikachu was kinda always there and while I don't like it seeing it all the time doesn't really bug me. I jsut hate how hard they are trying to make everyone love Lucario by trying to put it in everything. Like i get Pikachu and Charizard being in Smash, Pikachu is the mascot and Charizard is very popular among the fanbase already. Lucario I even get in Brawl it was to promote the game. But... does he really still need to be in Sm4sh? I suppose some people really would love the character and be upset he's gone but... same can be said about any non-returning character. I dunno... it just feels like GF wants me to love Lucario by how often they shove it unto us ((even in Gen 6, we were forced to learn about Mega Evos by getting a Mega Lucario.)) It's just I find it really annoying when a company does soemthing like that outside of a mascot character. Pikachu I totally get, he's the face and to some extent has to be pushed. ((I'm still allowed to dislike it for this reason by the way, petty or not. I honestly don't hate it that much, but I don't like the thing and being told "you're not a fan of this series" constantly by people that know I don't like it is suuuper annoying. Sue me. LOL)) But do we really need more?

I think my personally most disliked mons are the ones that people do say that I cna't be a fn of the series for disliking. As a result most of them are fan favourites that I jsut so happen to dislike but get crucified for for some reason. Apparently I'm not allwoed to just be non-plused by Charizard. Apparently according to a an old friend of mine I'm not allowed to play the games if I don't like Gardevoir. I really don't get why people have to like... hold people to their mons. I don't ever think someone has bad taste for liking a mon I don't. Yet if I dislike Charizard or another community favourite it's "Oh well he has bad taste." Like... I reeeeeeeeally don't get it. Now, I know the opposite an be lobbed at those that do like those mons "Oh you only like it cause ever one else does." etc etc... but jsut bugs me so much... XD.

Any mon I don't like is my opinion... I don't think lesser of someone for liking soemthing I don't and I don't feel the need to insult them or belittle them over it. WHy people have to get this idea in their head that they will "correct" another's opinion I will never know.