Did you use your Elemental Monkey?

Elemental Moneys!  

60 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Elemental Money?

first playthrough I did, because - hey free pokemon, yay! - oh it is trong against the gym leader - sweet easy win to continue the story

second playthrough I was like...

"Ok - you give me the challange of always being strong against my type... and then you casually give me the answer... where is the challange in that? - SCREW YOU I DON'T NEED THIS STUPID MONKEY!"

Those....things....? I did not even accept then from the girl who offered one.

I realise that they might be close to some people's hearts, but I will not ameliorate my opinions for the sake of sentiment. It is undeniable that they are quite bad; they may serve one well for the first few laps of the game but they are outclassed by almost any other Pokémon of their respective types. Their fraility, lack of power and moreover lack of any significant uniqueness sealed their doom.

Besides, from an aesthetic point of view, they look awful to me. Sure, maybe the original baby forms were cute enough, but they were still unremarkable, and turned downright ugly in my view upon evolution.

I agree with shing. Infernape is the only monkey we need or like or need to like.

Please amend the poll if possible to include an option along the lines of "Ugh. No. I like none of them."

i did use one simisage which i had as a trio of embour seismitiad and simisage they swept the whole game but for the first gym lets say pignite sweep is the most appropriate word actually for the first 3 gyms emolga was just a pain in 4th siesmitoad did job there didnt use him properly till clay and thats prety much the only leader he helped against

I saw them the first time while playing a fan-game and actually believed they were fakemon, due to how unoriginal and similar they are to each other. I was depressed when I found out they were canon, because it was my returning to pokemon after Gen3 and you can imagine how disappointed I was to see the designs were becoming so bad. I believe you have received your answer. Please change the poll to include the option "None of the above".

Simisage was the only passable elemental monkey because i like its pompadour hairstyle(guilty as charge, i am weird), the other two were meh. No place for other primate in my heart other than Aipom and Ambipom.

Funny. I was actually contemplating the idea of replaying White later this month, mostly because I regret my tendency to default to Water-type starters to have a reliable Surf user, which has caused me to only ever use Samurott in Gen 5 games... This despite the fact that White has a perfectly serviceable early-game Surf user (and all around Water-type utility Pokemon) in Seismitoad (Tympole can be caught before the second gym).

So yeah, I was conteplating the idea of replaying White using Emboar, a starter whose design I like, but as I did that, I realized that I would end up getting Pansage before the first gym. And I therefore started asking myself: should I indeed keep it in my team, and use it not just in the first gym, but throughout the game (eventually evolving it into Simisage), as a form of self-imposed challenge if nothing else? I mean, while Ceph is right in saying that using the monkey in the first gym makes it less challenging, the fact is that keeping it around makes the overall game MORE challenging because, quite frankly, the elemental monkeys suck, and Simisage is arguably the worst...

I forwent the usage of it. I generally use pokemon I like the design of exclusively, and those... no.

BW was actually difficult with my final team from that. Still swept the first gym with ease, because the monkeys are still weak opponents.

I forwent the usage of it. I generally use pokemon I like the design of exclusively, and those... no.

BW was actually difficult with my final team from that. Still swept the first gym with ease, because the monkeys are still weak opponents.

I share the same sentiment. I use pokemon whose designs I like normally. Them monkeys were mediocre at best so I didn't use the one I got

Screw the element monkeys, infernape is the only true monkey.

I agree with shing. Infernape is the only monkey we need or like or need to like.

Simisage was the only passable elemental monkey because i like its pompadour hairstyle(guilty as charge, i am weird), the other two were meh. No place for other primate in my heart other than Aipom and Ambipom.

Kmhiz4F.png

On topic: I haven't played BW, won't ever play them, but: the monkeys have earned my extreme dislike. I can't see myself picking up these things, like, ever, neither to bop a canon games gym nor to use them longterm in a game. Please, just, no. What Nick said: badly designed Fakemons.

Just like so many things from the last two gens :/

Kmhiz4F.png

On topic: I haven't played BW, won't ever play them, but: the monkeys have earned my extreme dislike. I can't see myself picking up these things, like, ever, neither to bop a canon games gym nor to use them longterm in a game. Please, just, no. What Nick said: badly designed Fakemons.

thank you for your kind donation bibs

no problem ody

in all seriousness

simisage: OH GOD GET IT OUT OF MY FACE.

simisear: not that bad. I mean, there arent many special fire types in unova 1.

simipour: simipour? bad? lolpls. scald as early as 22? give me that shit. simipour has proven to be way better than a lot of mons for me, and im not going to let this lil guy down.

• Veterans

Kmhiz4F.png

There's actually a ton of well designed Unova mons...but I will agree on the fact that some are just down right hideous.

I hate all the monkeys. Every single last one by the way.

Is it wrong that I just realized that these three are probably based off of the Three Wise Monkeys?

In my opinion though, I consider these three as "trash Pokemon," mainly because I've gotten quite a few of them from the Wonder Trade...

literally no offense, but those monkeys are the worst pokemon in existense. their moves are crap and i literally release them the instant the dude gives it to you. use a palpitoad, or a darumaka, or a sawsbuck. JUST NOT THOSE MONKEYS OF SATAN!

okay hold on

literally no offense, but those monkeys are the worst pokemon in existense. their moves are crap and i literally release them the instant the dude gives it to you. use a palpitoad, or a darumaka, or a sawsbuck. JUST NOT THOSE MONKEYS OF SATAN!

> the panpour line is literally the only line in existance (not counting volcanion) to learn scald through level-up

> scald is a godlike move

okay scald can be obtained as a tm but I do not like calling literally ANYTHING that can learn scald through level a mon with crap moves.

plus, the only other water type mons in unova 1 are samurott, seismitoad, jellicent, basculin, alomomola, swanna and carracosta.

the only of those that I would choose over simipour is jellicent, maybe samurott and seismitoad, and the latter is a starter.

and yes if you cant tell im a bit of a simipour fan because it is literally 200% more awesome than the other two monkeys.

deal with it