Version 8 Status Thread

Jan

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Developers

The grotto hasn't been visited for quite some time. Though, it is not forgotten, and its importance will shine through very soon.

New grotto ahoy.

d12960c85e6de1103fc6fa222868c68a.png

Edit: It has occurred to me that I put an old version of the map, rip. Updated now.

The grotto hasn't been visited for quite some time. Though, it is not forgotten, and its importance will shine through very soon.

New grotto ahoy.

725dcd9fa632aab18c436e4b5fb39bde.png

Dear Lord Jan, I'm presuming that this is the update where most of the maps get updated?

... :mellow: wh- I lost my memory again.

The Grotto is where Narcissa's Chandelure rest?

No.

That's Amethyst Grotto, where you battle Keta's spirit for the Gym Badge.

EDIT: AAAAAAAAAAAGH I GOT NINJA'D BY ICSW

Edited by EricSlingby

When we beat Keta and his soul got put to rest, we saw a big 1/5 on the screen. At first I assumed we had to absorb 5 souls with the "Soul Stone" or whatever it's called, but I've come up with another theory. Since characters dying is nothing new to this game, what if all the Xen Executives will eventually die and their souls will be absorbed by the "Soul Stone", and then when we go back to Amethyst Grotto during some plot point down the line, we will finally unlock the secrets of Amethyst Cave. I don't really know how plausible this is but it's just something I came up with since Keta was also a Xen Executive and there are 4 others. (Ren doesn't count)

When we beat Keta and his soul got put to rest, we saw a big 1/5 on the screen. At first I assumed we had to absorb 5 souls with the "Soul Stone" or whatever it's called, but I've come up with another theory. Since characters dying is nothing new to this game, what if all the Xen Executives will eventually die and their souls will be absorbed by the "Soul Stone", and then when we go back to Amethyst Grotto during some plot point down the line, we will finally unlock the secrets of Amethyst Cave. I don't really know how plausible this is but it's just something I came up with since Keta was also a Xen Executive and there are 4 others. (Ren doesn't count)

it makes sense, but what is the connection to amethyst cave and the other Xen Executives

we know of keta since his spirit has been there for a period of time, but there are no connections to geara, madelis, neved or madame X

it makes sense, but what is the connection to amethyst cave and the other Xen Executives

we know of keta since his spirit has been there for a period of time, but there are no connections to geara, madelis, neved or madame X

I'm not really sure tbh, we know that the Grotto has something to do with the power of Arceus, which is what Team Xen is after. After all it's just a theory :P

Btw it would be Nastasia, not Madame X since Madame X is something else entirely, though we don't know what. A theory for another day.

New grotto ahoy.

d12960c85e6de1103fc6fa222868c68a.png

Edit: It has occurred to me that I put an old version of the map, rip. Updated now.

I thought I wouldn't start a new save until gen VII but you're making it difficult. Edited by aflordepiel

• Developers

so far from what ive seen this update seems to be heavily updating old maps. I wonder how much plot we will be getting this time around?

And this will be the last of its kind. There will be a other map remodels here and there, but not nearly on the scale as it has been.

I've refrained from showing any new content because I want this update to be about exploring. I guess there's not a ton to explore, but enough. Version 8 will be completely blind for everyone.

And this will be the last of its kind. There will be a other map remodels here and there, but not nearly on the scale as it has been.

I've refrained from showing any new content because I want this update to be about exploring. I guess there's not a ton to explore, but enough. Version 8 will be completely blind for everyone.

Oh god. Now I'm really asking myself if I want to start over immediatly from the beginning or start from where I am right now and finish V8's story content and then restart. Someone please give me pros and cons of each decision xD I can't make up my mind.

pros - finish a good update with a new story influence, with a plot twist. conquer the evil villain to appear to bomb the train.

cons - finish the update start from scratch, with new updated areas, sprites, and so on. Then deal with the difficult gym leaders, and train to catch up and beat them.

I mean if anyone really wants to start over you can, for one you've already played through the game, so it won't take nearly as long as it did the first time around. And there is something called save files lol