Your Chinese Zodiac Sign

wytch_doctr

First of all, Happy Chinese New Year! May you have a prosperous year and etc etc.

annyways

The Chinese Zodiac is made up of the rat, ox, tiger, rabbit, dragon, snake, horse, sheep, monkey, rooster, dog and pig (in that order). The myth is that these animals had a race together, and this is the order that they finished in. Most the story focuses on how the rat climbed on the Ox's back and won the race by jumping off it at the last moment. Cool story, but how the hell did a ROOSTER finish before a DOG. But I digress.

116 years old this year and having trouble remembering your sign? Well here's some help:

chinese-zodiac.jpg

This is a summary of what each sign means HERE

Me, I'm a Dragon. So according to this, I'm energetic, a leader, lucky, forceful. Most of which I am probably the opposite of, but hey. At least it's true that i kinda demand perfection and i dislike holding grudges (well, i honestly can't for the life of me) and most of my friends aren't as close than I would like. So maybe this does seem like me, huh.

Anyways, leave your sign below and if it matches you or not. And again, have a Happy Chinese New Year!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a snake. I feel like it matches me okay. My personality is a little variable though so sometimes it fits better than others.

Almost all of the people who are in my year are born in 2000 though and are so proud of their dragon status :(

Ox.

sheesh why do i always get the stuff with horns :c

i don't think i'm really compatible.

i'm over all the zodiacs stuff by now, but it did affect me in some way, as when i was into it, i tried to be careful not to fall under the negative aspects of my signs to grow as a person.

happy chinese new year.

• Veterans

1997, so Ox :]

I read up some of the stuff about the sign and I guess it sort of describes me...? But I'm really not as stubborn as they make Ox's seem like, huhuhu

Either way, happy Chinese new year!

Ox.

sheesh why do i always get the stuff with horns :c

i don't think i'm really compatible.

i'm over all the zodiacs stuff by now, but it did affect me in some way, as when i was into it, i tried to be careful not to fall under the negative aspects of my signs to grow as a person.

happy chinese new year.

Hey same... minus the horns and stuff.

I feel like the rabbit one is far from accurate when it comes to me.

I'm a pig :D

Bottom line, pigs are the nicest people on the planet. With hearts of gold, they are honest, patient, and will take every measure to ensure your safety and comfort. A pig will remain your friend for life. But, pigs are often taken for granted. Only when theyre not around do you realize how dependent you are on them. Naturally naive, pigs can be gullible, falling prey to charlatans and swindlers. In all, pigs of both genders are selfless, devoted, and loving. They just cant say no. Because of their overzealous generosity, the pig person has little money. Nevertheless, he has enough, giving credence to the phrase, the more you give, the more you shall receive.

I'm a rat.

I'm not terribly sure on whether this description of the rat is the usual one for the Chinese zodiac, as I've actually seen another description that was almost the complete opposite, but regardless, I don't think I match up with this one very well. It's true that I pretty much get along well with everyone I meet, but I'm not really seeking people out. I'm also not the shrewd businessman that this describes (I procrastinate too much for that). I'm also not a very organized person, and while I do watch my spending, I'm not overly stingy about it. Though I do work hard to enough to succeed in most things I attempt, so it may be correct in part.

I read this as I by chance am eating and a Panda Express where I got coupons for free stuff and now this explains why.

I'm a rabbit. I don't really like rabbits or feel any association with them as animals, but some of the description does match.

I've been extremely lucky throughout my life in one way or another. Family, health, wealth, mental and physical abilities and random circumstance.

I can definitely be diplomatic, but not nearly as much when drinking and thus venting.

Discriminating taste? I'll let my choice in art and avatars speak for themselves.

Gourmet food? Well idk about gourmet but I know what I like to eat.

Fashion? I don't do fancy or logos or designs I don't like. I dress simply in solid colors. Solid and straightforward. I'm not some swag fop.

Cultured and snobby. Sure.

I have few enemies. Because I DESTROY them. I mean, I usually don't go out of my way to be mean and I usually craft my words do specific effect. Haven't done that much lately but yeah.

027326-glossy-black-icon-culture-chinese

Dog.

Loyalty - This one - I'll agree with. A few of you can attest to some of my deeds first hand - but being a faithful companion I can confidently say does resonate with who I am.

Sound Instinct - I tend to be a very effective judge of character, and it sometimes leads to urging others to take my word for it sans-proof. Again, several of you can attest.

Inherent Responsibility - Dogs apparently gravitate toward leadership at times without even trying or meaning to. I feel like several areas - Reborn included for a good while - reflected this in my life.

Honesty - This one depends on if we're talking about what I value versus what how I act on the matter. As a value - Honesty and Truthfulness are some of the most important things I feel anyone should strive to locate in their lives. As far as production is concerned, some of my lies are easier to remember than the times I've been honest. I'm proud of my self enough to acknowledge that this trait of a Dog matters incredibly and that I'm not by any means a pathological liar - but I'm not as slam-dunk honest as I would like to call myself historically either.

Avoiding those faint at heart - This trait is one the Zodiac feels is positive, but I disagree with. Yes, it applies to me, but I feel like avoiding anyone consciously is most of the time putting undeserved prejudice against the person. Thankfully, I am a good judge of character - but even with that ability to not approach someone that may need help is detestable in my opinion.

Fierce fighter - Again - this one does absolutely apply to me, and I feel like I overdo it often. I'm exceptional at resistance and enjoy a fight - but I'm also good at pushing people away and not so at knowing when to stand down.

Overtly critical - A genuine negative trait for any Dog is that they are often self-rightous and stubborn. OH YEAH, that is DEFINITELY me. But perhaps the worst of it happens when criticizing others on their works, ideas, appearances, beliefs etc. Those other negatives just starkly sick out in the assessments and it often yields harm to the other person's feelings or psyche.

I'm the Rat the who drowned the Cat, already know what it says, and it describes me perf... Wait. What is this description?

generally popular people- Nope. Alone in school

safety in numbers- See above

Self-motivated, detail-oriented, hard-working, and overambitious- Sorta, Yes, Sorta, No.

loves to gossip and criticize- Unless this counts as "loving to criticize," No.

In all seriousness, from the descriptions linked, Goat (okay, Sheep) fits me best, supported by the belief that birth time ties in as well.

That is not the one I was agreeing with. Look further, and you'll find that the Rat is associated with the element of water, while my birth date lands me as being called a "Fire Rat." The attributes associated with these two elements almost entirely describe my personality; ironic, considering the accuracy of the Rat's description. Furthermore, ironic due to type of choice in Pokemon

Edited by Cobalt996