[OOC/Sign Ups] ~Symphony of the Stars

Pyon Pyon Kyuu!~

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I certainly hope that's Sarcasm...

I mean it in the least offensive way I possibly can. I structured name conventions that would end up with some pretty silly names, and everyone delivered. So it's a compliment.

EDIT:

Oh speaking of which, I should probably announce this now...

The final number of player slots will be six. So I will be choosing the best three mech teams. It actually makes a bit sad, I've realized there is a lot of love for this RP and a lot of people want to join but the story will be very crowded with more than six. If I find a fourth mech team that I feel just has to be in the game, I'll announce it then. Any other teams will be kept as replacements and will get first priority into the game, in case someone bails out.

I mean it in the least offensive way I possibly can. I structured name conventions that would end up with some pretty silly names, and everyone delivered. So it's a compliment.

EDIT:

Oh speaking of which, I should probably announce this now...

The final number of player slots will be six. So I will be choosing the best three mech teams. It actually makes a bit sad, I've realized there is a lot of love for this RP and a lot of people want to join but the story will be very crowded with more than six. If I find a fourth mech team that I feel just has to be in the game, I'll announce it then. Any other teams will be kept as replacements and will get first priority into the game, in case someone bails out.

So just out of trying to make people less sad....as far as I can tell given the interest check and from profiles already done there is enough people for 4 teams normally. Given I don't know how many other people have said anything over pms.

I'd love to join this, but I expect that I wouldn't have enough time and would just end up holding things up. Anyway, best of luck to you and this RP. It sounds like it's gonna be great from both this thread and the portions I talked with you about. Maybe I'll try to read along at least.

A human terran male piloting a super speed more dakka Guardian pilot looking for an ANGEL pilot; if interested; PM me.

If you didn't read through all of that (Because your time is precious and I wasn't that... lucid when I wrote it); then all I can say is that my fighting style will be fast, and mostly gun based, but I won't be that well armored, and my strenght won't be that high, and please criticize my app as much as possible so that I can improve.

*Facepalms*; thank you Code: PIRULUK.

Edited by Cronos5010

Actually, I have one question that I feel that I've been procrastinating with (I think I know what the answer is, but still...)

If one person was to drop out at all, what exactly would happen to their character's partner?

Well, we'll probably deal with that when the time goes. If someone drops out officially we'll probably kill their character off. Then we will try to find another player to replace your partner. If we never find a partner, we might just replace them with an NPC. But then it's a DMPC which I don't always enjoy. But we'll see when the time comes, alright?~

Fair enough. I honestly wasn't sure how that would work since both pilots would know eachother. I mean, I had an Idea of what would happen, but I also thought that it would be better to know ahead of time rather than to get to that point only to find out that it's nowhere near what anyone would've expected. Thanks for clearing that up.

Fair enough. I honestly wasn't sure how that would work since both pilots would know eachother. I mean, I had an Idea of what would happen, but I also thought that it would be better to know ahead of time rather than to get to that point only to find out that it's nowhere near what anyone would've expected. Thanks for clearing that up.

Well yeah, the idea is for characters to have a previous bond. While no one's character is going to be a master MLG GUARDIAN/ANGEL pilot, everyone will be proficient. Two people who just met will not be able to operate a mech for this RP's necessary challenges.

At the same time, two people who just met and trying to learn to pilot together makes for some very interesting RP. So someone leaving is both a blessing and a curse.

• 2 weeks later...

Right I apologize first of all for the long delay in activity from my part. I should have resolved this issue earlier, but I was in no rush because I wanted to finish up the plot and spice it up as much as possible. The first mech has been submitted from Hiss and Rusty, I'll be adding their characters and mech to the list shortly.

So having trouble finding a partner? If you really can't decide on what character you want to partner up with send me a message. Two people who send me a message looking for a partner, I'll automatically partner them together and force you dudes to work together. If you don't want to work together at all I'll make you a mech. And it will be better than anything you could make you smelly brat.

Wow that came out of nowhere.

But still, let's keep at it guys please don't lose hope. There are aliens to kill, space pirates to bring down, and planets to exploit.

Oh and remember

Aaand that's everyone, I think. Time to work on the Mech with Kuro.

Also, Pyon, you can mark Blackseed and Millennium as being Partners without a Mech for now.

Edited by K_H

Aaand that's everyone, I think. Time to work on the Mech with Kuro.

Also, Pyon, you can mark Blackseed and Millennium as being Partners without a Mech for now.

As a heads up, I didn't agree to this.

I've been looking into the players without partners and checking all characters our before commiting to a decision, so I'd appreciate not being forced into one.

*Boops in*

Hey, so, like, I'm working on my character, but I'd like to have a partner for him before I finish up the backstory. As of right now he's supposed to be a young mercenary who joined up with his crew as a mechanic and transitioned into a piloting role but that's about all I've come up with for certain and I can change it quite a bit if needbe. Oh, also he's Terran

Y'know, Pyon, it's kinda funny. You made the joke about Girls and Giant Robots, and our Character Roster is comprised of more than 50% Female or Female-Identifying Characters.