[OOC/Sign Ups] ~Symphony of the Stars

Pyon Pyon Kyuu!~

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok friends! You've cried, you've waited, you've been hyped, and you have been de-hyped! After a very very very long time of consideration (and working on a bad video game, among other things) I will announce the three accepted mechs. I'm sorry to everyone who didn't get in. Everyone had great mechs, and great characters! Do not be discouraged though. If anyone drops out, the already made mechs will be given priority of entry into the RP. So if you can, store those submissions. As soon as I make this post, I will clear out the accepted character lists to leave only the PCs. AND SO THE ACCEPTED CHARACTERS ARE!!!

ARTEMIS!

BLACK FOX!

SOL SOURIRE

Congratulations to the winners! IC thread will be up soon-ish.

So many spoiler tabs...

I was wondering when this will show up. It's a shame that we didn't get in right away, but it is what it is. Not that I'm complaining since everyone had good mechs to work with. Still, I'll keep an eye on this as it had my attention from day one.

Congrats to everyone that made it in. And good luck.

Well... It depends if you consider kitty cat an insult or not. I personally would think it to be a compliment, kitty cats are cute. But go ahead and create all of the racial slurs you want. Tension is good. I'll let Rusty post before Freya intervenes.

Well, as Kenny said, it'd be sort of like calling a human an ape or a Nienian a glorified calculator. I don't know about you but "ape" isn't particularly polite whwn referring to another person and I'd imagine it would be even less so coming from a different species, plus the implication of being a pet.

I mean that happens too. It's entirely possible for an innocuous term for one person to be a deeply offensive slur to another. (Ex: there are still plenty of people around that think something like "darkie" is an acceptable way to refer to a black person.)

• 2 weeks later...

I don't actually see a problem with it. The three dudes were in the table completely distracted, and they only noticed Reggi and Sympohny because they literally walked up to them (and now Heavensea because she attacked). I understand what you are trying to avoid, but it's absolutely fine.

Besides, I could easily just make a dude run to the elevator and shoot everything. You can write in your post "I don't think anyone has figured out I'm a cat girl" and then an NPC can immediately say "You are a cat girl". If that bad example makes any sense.

I'd suggest using possibilites and providing alternatives, which I usually try to do, IE:

"(...) Blackseed attempts to lunge at her opponent, delivering a punch to their face. Should she miss or they dodge, she'll attempt to follow up with a low sweep. Should she be blocked, she'll struggle and try to break free from her opponent's grip by kicking them in the shin (...)"

Not only this helps the flow (so you don't have to do "ACTION!" "RESPONSE!" "ACTION!" "RESPONSE!" "ACTION!" "RESPONSE!" and you instead have a string of several actions and one response for whicever happened) it also gives the DM shit to work with.

That said, it doesn't really make any difference considering the power scale we have going on right now. We've two close-range fighters who could frankly only survive more than five seconds through dumb luck in a realistic scenario, and a robot that kills people with their voice. Not being seen in the elevator is by and far not the highest in our least of "unrealistic" things to worry about.

• 2 weeks later...

Wouldn't the most logical place for radio equipment to be be the command center/bridge/whatever instead of the living quarters? Who'd put broadcasting gear in your bedroom?

Wouldn't the most logical place for radio equipment to be be the command center/bridge/whatever instead of the living quarters? Who'd put broadcasting gear in your bedroom?

Radio hobbyists and people like Symphony. Symphony believes that somewhere, somehow, she has a kindred spirit out there.

Hi friends. Sad update.

I'd like to shut down Symphony of the Stars. First of all, I'd like to apologize for everyone. You all took the time to create characters and post and all that, and I destroyed all of that by shutting it down. Makes me a good villain, but not a very respectable friend or host. So I'm sorry.

I'm shutting down Symphony of the Stars, because I'm very disappointed with my own writing. I've been forcing myself to update, forcing myself to come up with descriptions and they always come out badly. I'm not happy with this, and I'm tired of forcing myself and not being happy with the result in the end. It's also really sad for me, because this universe is built, and we didn't even get to the main plot. But I really don't feel like I'm good enough as a host to give this universe what it deserves. I don't think my writing is good enough to support the work you guys want to put into it.

I am very very sorry guys.

-Truly sorry, and with love,

Pyon

This one, too? :(

Almost every single one of the RPs that I've been in has been shut down by the host after a while... It's getting depressing how easily hosts are dropping their worlds, to be honest.