"It's been over a month, how 'bout that new hold item?"

Amethyst

• Global Mods

Love this so much!

This is an off of topic question but, how do we update our current games?...Do we just re-download the whole game?

You just download the new episode when it comes out. Your save file for the game is stored in a different part of your computer, so you'll keep all your progress when you download the new episode.

• Administrators

Will we get this by mining, shopping in the Dept Store, or getting it from a quest (probably meaning only one)?

No mining, but there'll be at least a couple by the end.

Huh, I wonder if this means the last couple of item things I coded before leaving will be in E16.

If you're talking about what you think you are, they will, but they don't need to be announced since they're in canon games.

If you don't mind me asking, if I were to use Pledge attacks to create Rainbows, which Pokémon would need to hold the item?

You'll want it on the Pokemon that creates the field, so the 2nd attacker

Everybody here has gone trick room

I wonder if i can abuse amplifield for wonder room

It does apply for Wonder and Magic Room too if you can find a way to use 'em!

...wait

If this amplifies trick room, would a field that also amplifies TR double this?

The effect does not stack, no.

tfw you don't have Trick Room as a TM since you beat Radomus back when he gave Calm Mind as a TM :[[[[

Pretty sweet to see this nonetheless. I'll probably abuse Tailwind and other area-altering moves in replacement :]]]

I feel like I'm missing a big oppritunity if I don't have my Sylveon hold this, but I don't want to erase any of her moves to make room for Trick Room. And then there's the fact that her attacks will hit 20% less hard because she's not holding the Pixie Plate...

EDIT: nevermind, Sylveon doesn't learn Trick Room anyway. Dumb me.

Since Trick Room would be get a buff, is there or will there be away to eliminate Trick Room so that there are other ways to counter it after it is set?(other than taunting or outright KOing the setter before it is set or stalling the trick room) I don't know if there are ways to do that. The AI should at least have a way to deal with these field abusers, right?

It does not apply to Tailwind actually, since I consider that more of a weather thing than a terrain thing.

(and also would actually be OP)

But I wanna use OP things cuz the AI gets to and stuff and its not fair!!!!1!

I suppose its understandable

As for the whole type theory, given gravity is extended, I'm assuming the ground type is the one that changes its match-up to something far more favorable with flying.

Used correctly, this new item makes options that once might have been written off as gimmicks into something practical. It may be for themed teams or just those looking to exploit an opponent's strengths as much as their weaknesses... After all, come E16, one line of Pokemon will be able to use it to reverse a type match-up completely. Can you guess which?

dang it ame another cliff hanger/leave you with an almost unsolvable question post

...wait
If this amplifies trick room, would a field that also amplifies TR double this? Because items like these usually amplify it for an extra 3 turns, however the several part is ambiguous meaning it could be more or less than that(More likely more). Radomus could get a large boost from this if this is true, and he actually starts using TR more frequently. Regardless, nice item. Gravity is an interesting choice, stuff like Hydro Pump Spam and other moves are much more useful with this.

YES my empoleon will finally be more useful again :edit can someone merge my posts please i realized i double posted sorry Edited by Arkhi
I gotchu

Ohohohohoho! This will be fun. My mono Poison run is going to love this once it reaches Episode 16, as the Corrosive Field is a HUGE boon, and being able to create it on command with an extension? Ohhhhh man. Though, out of curiosity, I know you mentioned the Pledge created Fields should have the Amplifield(I hate and love you for this pun, btw)be held by the 2nd Pokemon, but regarding something like Grassy Terrain + Sludge Wave, would the Sludge Wave Pokemon hold it? I'm curious because technically, if memory serves, once the Grassy Field goes away, so does the Corrosive Field.

• Administrators

In that case you'd want your first pokemon to hold it, yeah. Because Grassy Terrain is what generates the field, whereas Sludge Wave just transforms it. That's different from the pledges where the second attack is what generates it.

Since Trick Room would be get a buff, is there or will there be away to eliminate Trick Room so that there are other ways to counter it after it is set?(other than taunting or outright KOing the setter before it is set or stalling the trick room) I don't know if there are ways to do that. The AI should at least have a way to deal with these field abusers, right?

Using Trick Room a second time nullifies the effect.

• Administrators

fUuVnqE.png

... I got bored, okay?

neato stuff neat౦ stuff thats ✔ some neatostuff rightthere right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self i say so thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ neato stuff

okay well i guess i can make it a rare mining chance too i mean if you put it that way

• Upvote 2

Any possibility this affects moves like Lucky Chant and Safeguard (since it already hits Mist)?

...Not that it'd be overly useful with those two, or anything. Just curiosity.

EDIT:

okay well i guess i can make it a rare mining chance too i mean if you put it that way

How many people save/reset before rocks, anyway? I'd imagine a lot for fossils and evo stones.

Still a cool mining sprite, though, Bazaro.

Edited by Cobalt996