Do you guys mind the IV's of captured pokemon?

Greylocke

Oh, okay, I've always thought that the so-called good IV's were 30-31 as influenced by breeding forums. Having read that 20+ is okay then great yay I guess I can settle for less while not having time and resources to breed faster. I've kinda worked my ass off in Black 2 catching Pokemon from diff egg groups with 31 IV's in each of stat then breed them afterwards. Unfortuantely I got lazy and stopped. Kinda tedious.

Edited by gabgonzales

Oh, okay, I've always thought that the so-called good IV's were 30-31 as influenced by breeding forums. Having read that 20+ is okay then great yay I guess I can settle for less while not having time and resources to breed faster. I've kinda worked my ass off in Black 2 catching Pokemon from diff egg groups with 31 IV's in each of stat then breed them afterwards. Unfortuantely I got lazy and stopped. Kinda tedious.

It's very tedious. Although, i'd say you're good if your pokemon has 15+ IVs in three beneficial stats or more. EVs and nature play a much more vital role in a pokemon's performance, in my opinion.

I soft reset for most event mons and also breed for non event mons even in mid game for at least 20-ish IVs as 20-ish is good enough for me, regardless of shininess, i ditched most shinies, shiny dump in box or softreset again if their ivs are less than satisfactory, i just dont care about shininess, another factor for softreseting is the nature, at least before nature changer/pokemon psychologist becomes available to us. Bad IVs and nature esp in the stat that matters most in a mon really hurt in the long run, since i am more of a special attack trainer(careful and adamant in alakazam, ewww).

Edited by TimTim

I don't really bother with them either (At least in fan games). Having a good nature is much more important, and even evs feel more worth it ( and I only occasionally do those as well). I haven't really found myself missing the small boost to stats that they give, so unless there's a giant difficulty spike I don't think I'll ever get around to breeding for them.

Edit: As for the main game entries, I only do it in 6th gen because it's a lot less time consuming, and I will probably end up needing them if I ever get back into the competitive scene outside of Showdown.

Edited by DragonMasterKrim

Yea, when it comes just to capturing mons, only decent IVs in the stats that matter I try to go for if I plan on using the mon. But I guess when it comes to to breeding, specifically for a certain Hidden Power, I'll try and get the best option possible.

I'm with Swarm, 20's in the important stats for the specific pokemon and try to avoid single digits unless the stat doesn't matter at all. Past that I don't care much.

This right here. I tend to reset until I get over 25 in the important stats while I don't really care about the others.

well i only care about the IVs of a ditto cause with a good IV ditto u can get a bunch of other good IV pokemon. for reborn i generally soft reset until i get a pokemon with decent IV in the stats they use. decent IV= 20+ Points.

I don't mind low IVs on stats that don't matter (like Heracross' Sp. Atk). Usually I reset for a good nature and/or overall good IVs, around 20+ or so. If the IVs are good but the nature is hindering like Modest Heracross, I'll take it. I can always change the nature later.

Definitely. For any Pokemon I have long term plans for (3 gyms or more), I refuse to accept less than an IV of 20 on both Speed and the Attacking stat of choice. Mixed attackers drive me up the wall, as I then have to reset for 3 IVs of 20 or above.