• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thing is, the Maiden's Powers as far as we know... only work for women, so I'm not so sure about the fact that they are meant to inherit the powers. Like, the reason Cinder was meant to steal the Fall Maiden's power as they said was cause they were trying to force her to die while Cinder was close to her so the powers would transfer to her.

So, it in the canon as far as we know can't be that reason. ((since the Maidens, have to be... lel, Maidens.))

If we go on the theory that they are each from a continent, I suppose the very Military and proper looking fella at the back is clearly the one in Atlas ((I say clearly though I'm just guessing by his very stiff demeanor and his clothes looking vaguely military-esque, though those from Altas as far as we know tend towards lighter colours, especially white whereas this is much darker in color palette.)), the other two be a lot harder to place since we don't really know enough about Vacuo or Minstral. we know enough about Atlas to determine any somewhat military style is probably from there.

Though I will note I think RWBY is fighting Mister McSmiley ((the third dude with the wicked sinister grin.)) in that short segment after... ~~((and remarkably he has what appears to fire silver tinted shots from his boots.That's... weirdly similar to Mercury. It's defs not him though... XD))~~ the line up, which I'm sure due to the prominent features matching ((scarring on the chest, though it's hard to see in the close up.)) same hairstyle and dress, and he still has the earrings as well. So that probably places him there... or going against Ruby and her team at some point methinks.

Also 4 is definitely this series magic number. 4 members on a team ((we even see this continue honestly, with Team Newiper, and Blake has 3 friendos as well. 2 are unknown as of now though ;~; )), 4 maidens, 4 main Dust types, 4 human kingdoms, and within them them 4 Academies for Hunters/Huntresses ((well 3 now I suppose now that Beacon fell lel.)) so, safe to say 4... is indeed this series fav number.

EDIT: proofs that the the last evil guy in the line-up is from Atlas, he's got the stupid ass double row of buttons vests like all of them LOL. ((seriously... why do the vests that Ironwood etc wear HAVE SO MANY BUTTONS??!?!?! YOU DON"T NEED THAT MANY BUTTONS!!!!!))

• Administrators

episode 3 stuff

okay first of all the first thing I thought watching this was "wow Blake looks really good now"

I'm a little surprised Yang has a replacement arm already, but also not quite?? It'll come into play eventually but I retain my previous comment that everyone just needs a hug

and that fight was hype as shit I'm gonna need a full version of that song ASAP

This theory I am about to post here has come about from many months of observation. Please be kind when replying, thank you.

Ruby Rose is the daughter of Summer Rose and Qrow Branwen. There are lots of things that make this very obvious. I will list them as follows:

*~* Ruby looks like the literal offspring of Qrow and Summer. Look at her, then look at them. Black hair. Not blonde. Summer's eyes, Qrow's complexion, the list goes on.

*~* That picture of Summer, Qrow, Taiyang, and Raven has some rather... odd placements of the people in it, all things considered:

tumblr_inline_o1wjrhFoSe1t4wght_500.png

Note that Raven and Taiyang face each other. Summer looks like she was trying to hide or sneak towards Qrow when this picture was taken.

*~* Ruby is a literal natural with the same weapon Qrow wields. She is far more close to Qrow than her supposed father.

*~* Qrow is viciously protective over Ruby, who is supposedly just adopted/his niece by title.

*~* Qrow carries a picture of the team he shared with Summer on his person at all times.

*~* While Taiyang is simply said to have been destroyed by what happened to Summer, the fact is, that claim is likely never to be proven. With Qrow, the effects are very much obvious and still very much in full swing, as he drinks until he passes out while staring at Summer in that picture.

*~* Ruby's speed. Summer and Qrow are both noted to move insanely fast.

*~* Ruby has none of Taiyang's features or personality. She has lots of Qrow's personality though.

*~* It is flat out stated that Taiyang taught Yang how to fight. Meaning Ruby has literally ZERO traits of Taiyang at all. Not even his fighting skills.

*~* Ruby does not have Taiyang's surname, she has her mother's surname.

To bring this theory to a close, my fiance and I both think the following:

Ruby is the daughter of Summer and Qrow, being raised by Taiyang as a measure of protection. Ozpin hints at this in episode 1 of season 1. Qrow is undercover and has been for ages, so raising a child would be riddled with danger, so to protect her, he and Summer had Taiyang raise Ruby as his own. Based on the story Yang tells Blake about Summer, it can safely be assumed that, like Qrow, Summer was on some undercover mission, likely even with Qrow and when things went pear-shaped, Qrow rushed back to save their daughter and his niece.

I've got to say that this show has blossomed beautifully the past couple of seasons. Despite Monty's passing, the team is pulling his weight in stride with gorgeous animations and wonderful story telling.

And guns, lots and lots of guns.

• Administrators

Agree wholeheartedly, the change in animating programs seems to have made a world of difference in the quality. As well as the steady increase in quality throughout the first three volumes. I think one of my favorite things about the new episode that I didn't mention in the other post was Blake's ear movements. It's such a small detail but I don't think they really did anything with that until now.

@Sparky yes, you can watch the new episode already with just a free account. The whole "week later" thing is only for the youtube uploads.

• Support Squad

I'm still hung up a little on the animation but now it's a matter of me not being too fond of 3D rather than the quality of the animation itself. Honestly the music is what always had me anyway so is k.

What are they using now for animation, Maya (judging by all those Facebook ads)? IMHO It's one of the best 3D modeling softwares out there right now, but that might be because that's what animation classes at my uni are encouraged to use.

But yeah, I definitely agree that the animation has gotten loads better.

I'm actually particularly excited to see more of Weiss's semblance - especially summoning - both because of plot reasons and because of the rise in quality.