Verdant Tales: Symphonic Horizon

Dylanrockin

Game Release Date  

394 members have voted

1. 1. When would you like to see my game released?

• In a month?
    • In two months?
    • In three months?
    • Who cares, I just want to play a well-made game!
  2. 2. Who is your favorite character?

3. 3. Would you like Save Points to be the only method of saving?

• Yes
    • No
    • It makes sense, given the very "different nature" of your game, so yes.

*looks at Vivian's design*

She reminds me waaaaay too much of Sheena. Just saying. :P

*ding* That was the point XD She was loosely based off of her. But even still, their designs are very different from one another. Mainly it was just the kimono design that you see some similarities.

Edited by Dylanrockin

Costume Update

So, as I've been working with the programming of a new menu screen, for the costumes, I've been commissioning more and more costume variants that can be used. For those of you who saw the main thread, there are currently 3 types of costumes 1 of which is exclusive to Vice and Vivian, while the other 2 that is in the main thread everyone can wear. And just as a reminder: Costumes does not equal Trainer Customization. If I were to allow Trainer Customization it would basically remove any and all kind of personality that these characters would have; which is a bit of a no-no for the game that I am going for. These are just that - Costumes that befit their personality, and what they want to wear.

Costumes going to be available by character:

Verdant Transformation Attire

commishDylanRockinVerdantJPEG.jpg

• Vice Braving
  • Vivian Vance

Christmas Clothing

155888e9-1de7-4d7a-aa06-97fa0faf232e.png

• Vice Braving
  • Marissa Brennan
  • Vivian Vance
  • Hiro Monochroma
  • Krista Harper
  • Allan Monochroma

Halloween Attire

spooky_candy_by_krisantyne-d99tqx3.png

• Vice
  • Marissa
  • Vivian
  • Hiro
  • Krista
  • Allan

Summer Beach Outfits

Now this is a new one, and I am right now working on the costumes for these designs, and as of right now Marissa Brennan is the only one who has a design being worked on. The rest will be revealed later this week, however. And these sets of costumes are meant to be very... fan-servicy XD As you can probably tell why.

commishdylanrockinmarissacg02_by_rialyna

So at the moment I am working on getting the last 2 Christmas designs for Krista and Allan finished, as well as the last 4 designs for the Halloween costumes. Then lastly I have the Summer Beach Clothing for all 6 characters. The next set of costumes that I plan on creating are Formal Attire, and then Character Achievement Costumes; which basically mean they are costumes that these characters can wear after they go through a certain side-quest involving that specific character. Those side-quests really delve deep into those characters personalities and also yield benefits towards their characterization and costumes.

Edited by Dylanrockin

Better make sure to keep their actual boob size in mind when making the beach costumes

I cannot believe we are talking about that :P Don't worry, their boob sizes are indeed accurate XD I even made sure to check, as weird as it is for me to say that o.e

Edited by Dylanrockin

There's always the boob talk :ph34r:

Well, rest assured the females boob sizes are indeed accurate XP (that feels so weird for me to say out loud) Once their artwork is finished, I will be having them made into sprites for costume benefits :D

Speaking of... since I do not want to double post, because I cry everytime I do that ;w; I am going to be posting Marissa's finished Beach Attire!

09133379c55c0b7d40f04e66b69efb4e-d9qjfne

Yes by the way... that is indeed a costume that you can wear in-game. All 6 characters get one. Vice though is probably the funniest one XD

And yes, her boobs are accurate :P

Edited by Dylanrockin

Well, rest assured the females boob sizes are indeed accurate XP (that feels so weird for me to say out loud) Once their artwork is finished, I will be having them made into sprites for costume benefits :D

Speaking of... since I do not want to double post, because I cry everytime I do that ;w; I am going to be posting Marissa's finished Beach Attire!

commishdylanrockinmarissacg02final_by_ri

Yes by the way... that is indeed a costume that you can wear in-game. All 6 characters get one. Vice though is probably the funniest one XD

And yes, her boobs are accurate :P

So gifted for an 11-year-old tho . I swear I had a "wat?" moment when I went back to read their bios a while back, cuz Marissa never stroke me as an 11yr old :blink:

So gifted for an 11-year-old tho . I swear I had a "wat?" moment when I went back to read their bios a while back, cuz Marissa never stroke me as an 11yr old :blink:

Then again, when did any of the female characters in Pokemon strike you as "10-years old"? When May said that she was 10-years old in the anime, I was like "nuh-uh girl, you have a rack! Those cannot be real!" XD For all I can say in Marissa's case, is that she was, just like some girls in real life, developed early; which is actually a thing. And happens between the ages of 9 - 14, in the case of early development, and I just now realized that I am talking about this :P

Developmental Psychology, ladies and gentleman XD

Edited by Dylanrockin

Join in the boob talk! 01505aj.jpg That's still something barely there, but deym, Marissa has a genuine rack in a swimsuit. Then again, maybe it's just the way they're drawn... quite large which makes it appear, yeah :ph34r:

Well, if you take a look at this, here:

sh_marissa_digital_by_liliebiehlina3sist

The boobs don't lie XD Her and Vivian have probably the largest racks out of all the female characters :P

Well, if you take a look at this, here:

sh_marissa_digital_by_liliebiehlina3sist

The boobs don't lie XD Her and Vivian have probably the largest racks out of all the female characters :P

they look quite normalish here, but yeah the roundness and volume of the swimsuit version is what makes 'em appear too big for an 11yr old . That said, Vivian beach costume thnx! (At least she is 15? Or so, forgot, so she can have that proper rack :ph34r: ) Either way, boobs dont concern me, but you always need to have the boob talk!

they look quite normalish here, but yeah the roundness and volume of the swimsuit version is what makes 'em appear too big for an 11yr old . That said, Vivian beach costume thnx! (At least she is 15? Or so, forgot, so she can have that proper rack :ph34r: ) Either way, boobs dont concern me, but you always need to have the boob talk!

I think the breast sizes are excusable, since this is a game set in fantasy, and again, young female development like this is a thing XD I have known girls that age when I was young who had sizes around that area. But, Vivian's beach costume will be interesting. However, spoiler alert, none of the female characters will have their southern area with just a strap, since it would be very... awkward for the character backsprite. So, all the female characters will either have some kind of shorts that you would wear at the beach, or some form of beach skirt/thing. I do know that Vivian will look pretty different in her Summer Beach Costume XD And the guys are wearing clothes that are either funny, or in Allan's case, cool.

So, to all of my male readers, keep it in your pants, because you won't be seeing any visible female character ass any time soon XD I had to censor it to some degree. Also, I didn't want to offend any of my female readers, and think that I am sexualizing my characters, which... I'm not.

Edited by Dylanrockin

That's fine because I have a shorts mania anyway :ph34r: ./care about bikini or whatnot . I hope Allan sports some real cool stuff

Welp, all the female characters will have some form of shorts/summer dress. Vivian I know is wearing spandex shorts. As for Allan, I have some things in mind for what I plan to do with his beach costume XD Vice on the other hand gets the hilarious outfit.

Welp, all the female characters will have some form of shorts/summer dress. Vivian I know is wearing spandex shorts. As for Allan, I have some things in mind for what I plan to do with his beach costume XD Vice on the other hand gets the hilarious outfit.

jean shorts>spandex shorts though :(

jean shorts>spandex shorts though :(

Hey, you never know ;) She hasn't been drawn yet, so there is always hope for her to have jean shorts. They are comfy and easy to wear, so I heard from every girl ever. I wouldn't really know :P

Edited by Dylanrockin

Also, to those of you who care, because Marissa got a couple of complaints about her... uhm... boobs. I will be having her age and boob sizes changed. It doesn't alter the story, like at all, in terms of her age; so I can get away with both of those things pretty easily. But, just so I don't offend anyone else, Marissa will be altered according to her age.

Edit: All characters gained a respective age increase, according to their appearance. Just so that way we can clear up any other possible theories about their age. But, then again, the characters' ages are only stated during skits soooooo, it won't change the story too much, if at all XD

Edited by Dylanrockin

Hey, you never know ;) She hasn't been drawn yet, so there is always hope for her to have jean shorts. They are comfy and easy to wear, so I heard from every girl ever. I wouldn't really know :P

ORAS May had it right, jean shorts on spandex shorts :ph34r: why not

ORAS May had it right, jean shorts on spandex shorts :ph34r: why not

Can't say I'll do that with any of the characters, since it's not really... beach like. It's one or the other :P

Holy... that's a lot of work. Much kudos. Will definitely look forward to this.

Art looks good, story seems great. 300k words of dialogue is INSANE! How long did it take you to write that?!

Can safely say, I am EXTREMELY hyped for this.

The 300k words took me an entire summer to write, and revise. But at the moment, Masquerain is currently playing through the alpha to find more grammatical errors and whatnot. But, I am glad that you are hyped for the game, and I hope you enjoy playing it upon its release in the next 7 years XD JK.

Also, if anyone is interested, here is Vice in his Beach Outfit XD And his costume is meant more for... comedic effect than anything XD I was thinking about giving one of the female characters an inner-tube, but that would be really hard to sprite. But, this is just the lineart at the moment, but, he is wearing a snorkel, flippers, and just swimming trunks.

Allan on the other hand will be wearing something... more suited towards his style, and personality.

It just sunk in, that I am playing a Pokemon game, where the main character is running around shirtless with a snorkel, flippers and shorts... and this can appear during certain cutscenes. Wow. Tales of Symphonia did that as well, and it made a lot of cutscenes unintentionally funny XD

commishdylanrockinvicecg02edited_by_rial

Edited by Dylanrockin

Expected nothing less for him, I guess it fits him. Allan needs to fit his own coolness though :P :P

Also, hello new member of the hype club. Join us, do not be afraid! :ph34r:

I will make sure to deliver on the design for Allan ;D Apparently, one other person wanted Allan to look... hot for his beach attire. Which, is the first time I think I've heard that one.

Edited by Dylanrockin

I will make sure to deliver on the design for Allan ;D Apparently, one other person wanted Allan to look... hot for his beach attire. Which, is the first time I think I've heard that one.

that's because vice looks goofy while allan looks like he could be the "hot" dood