Verdant Tales: Symphonic Horizon

Dylanrockin

Game Release Date  

394 members have voted

1. 1. When would you like to see my game released?

• In a month?
    • In two months?
    • In three months?
    • Who cares, I just want to play a well-made game!
  2. 2. Who is your favorite character?

3. 3. Would you like Save Points to be the only method of saving?

• Yes
    • No
    • It makes sense, given the very "different nature" of your game, so yes.

Hmm...thinking up of skits for characters I didn't create usually isn't my forte, but I'll see what I can think up. I kind of have to remember what characters have faces already (I know the main six or seven do iirc). Just give me time.

Hmm...thinking up of skits for characters I didn't create usually isn't my forte, but I'll see what I can think up. I kind of have to remember what characters have faces already (I know the main six or seven do iirc). Just give me time.

That's fine, but, I'm sure that you can get the creative cogs a-turnin' ;)

Also, BIG NEWS!: I just finished the entirety of Skycrest City :D Which means that I am almost there to the game's first beta!

The not so good news is that I still have to make Skit scenes ;A; and a lot of them! So, for the most part, that is what I will be allocating a lot of my time to.

One last thing I wanted to mention to those who read this post and the above mentioned post: I am looking for someone to write some small Skit scenes, and not only that, I am looking for someone that I know that I can trust, who can, and I need you to follow me here, play test my game. As much time that I have on my hands, I just can't keep finding time to constantly play through my game. So, I need 1 person, that I can readily trust, be a play tester.

I do write as a hobby.

I'd definitely be interested in that but that's up to you.

I too write as a hobby :D But, yeah, I am letting you all get a chance at writing your own skit scene. However, they are based off of parameters that are stated above. Feel free to write in response to the thread what kind of skit scene that you would like to see, and with what character! Also a clever name for the scene would be cool too ;D

Edited by Dylanrockin

Hello mysteriously empty post

Ahh, that was my bad XD I was meant to say that Amethyst and I were doing the Tales of Symphonia Livestream, and I had the link, but something happened to the post, so my bad ;w;

Here is the stream archive if anyone didn't see the stream live with Amethyst:

Also, tomorrow I am going to be making a bunch of Skit scenes, and if you or anyone has any ideas for a scene, feel free to let me know in reply to the thread :3

Edited by Dylanrockin

Update: So, the new artwork isn't finished yet, but, to tide you guys over for the new transformations coming out, I have a new Skit Video featuring Allan Monochroma; aka, Hiro's older brother. I love this scene, and for mainly one reason. #OTP. The interactions between Allan and Vivian is kind of interesting, especially throughout the story, and in Skits. This particular one can be encountered, roughly around the time that you first get Allan, and then go back to Aliquam Trail. Also, the relationship between Vivian and Allan can grow, quite a bit, especially if you watch some optional scenes, and Skits, involving them. (Also, Vivian has a canonical crush on him, so there is that XD)

Update: Pokemon Symphonic Horizon will not have Version 16 of Essentials :o

Meowth, that's right! I was having a conversation with KleinStudio's about Version 16, and so far, we both heavily dislike the changes that were made, as well as making the whole Essentials not so user-friendly, from our experiences...

Okay, okay, okay... let me explain myself XD

I did... up until RPGXP decided to sass me, and made rework almost ALL of my PBS Files, and then the game starts to lag out on me, constantly. Not only that, but, Mega Evolution does not work in V16, from what I could test. And if Mega Evolution doesn't work, then neither does Verdant Transformation. So, at that point I said, what any sane person would, "Fuuu********* it!" So, now I reverted back to V15.1, which, honestly is way more stable, and I know how to treat it right without it yelling at me XD

New versions of things always come with a ton of bugs and make you hate them , somehow..

Yeah, this version is not that amazing from my experiences, and I switched back, once I realized that I wasted a lot of my time upgrading, and having issues, here and there...

UPDATE!: Verdant Transformation Version 2! And Vivian Can Verdant Transform?!

commishDylanRockinVerdantJPEG.jpg

That is right, Vice now get's a second Transformation for his Verdant Transformation; the second one in question is referred to as Verdant Transformation - Version 2! In this version of his Transformation, Vice and Eevee develop a crimson aura, and red eyes. Unlike the previous version, the changes here are much more drastic. In the first Verdant Transformation, Vice's aura is more radiant and silver looking, and his eyes change from green to a more blueish-green color. Also, his clothes completely change into his Verdant Attire. However, in the 2nd Transformation, everything is completely different. Whereas in the previous version, activating the Transformation required the knowledge and mastery of Dragon Force/Makyo Energy. However, in this one, activation requires a large upheaval of emotion, and responds to a need, and not a desire. Normally when the Trainer, in Verdant Transformation, experiences rage or anything similar, both the Pokemon and Trainer become more erratic. This however is when the Trainer and Pokemon are pushed to the absolute limit, and become emotionally desperate.

The most noticeable change of course is the change in aura, which becomes a crimson shade of red, as well as the eyes becoming red as well. Secondly the bio-electricity that was present in this first form is now more prominent and is more frequent. Lastly, the Trainer and Pokemon develop Makyo Orbs, which function as a means of utilizing certain abilities and are not offensive in any ways. Most notably is the ability to heal Pokemon, and levitate the Trainer's Poke Balls, which Vice tends to do often. When on their own, and do not have Poke Ball's present inside them, they merely orbit in an "X" formation around the Pokemon and Trainer. The power usage and increase becomes so dramatic that, from what you can't see in the CG here, is the deterioration of Vice's clothes over time. As for Eevee, her power output far exceeds what could've been achieved in the 1st Transformation. In the 2nd Transformation, Eevee's Base form, Base Stat Total, almost doubles. In this Transformation, Eevee's Base Form, Base Stats, increase from 75,75,75,75,75,75 - to 135 for all stats.

Lastly, Vivian's Verdant Transformation, because I know all of you really want to know ;D Vivian obtains this Transformation, as well as Vice obtaining his second Transformation, in the Epilogue of the game. Vice obtains his at the final battle. Vivian, over the course of 5 years, trains with her Greninja, in preparation for the Skycrest City Tournament, where the heroes all gather back to and battle it out, in the Epilogue. One thing that Vivian experienced during her time Training her Pokemon was taking up the time to master the use of Dragon Force/Makyo Energy. Since she is from Namira Village, manipulating that kind of energy is par for the course, so she was able to also utilize the Transformation; albeit, after 5 years of rigorous training to synchronize herself with her Greninja. Also, since Vivian didn't have anyone to teach her how it was done, she had to learn it on her own. And with that said, she gains access to the Transformation, as well as her Verdant Attire that comes with it. Greninja's Base Form, Base Stat Total increases from 72,95,67,122,103,71 - to: 110,110,110,150,130,100!

So, what do you all think of this new and exciting update :D Gameplay on the Verdant Transformation 2 will come out within the next month or so :)

Edited by Dylanrockin
  • Upvote 4

Huehue hopes answered. Vivian <3 Her transformation design is awesweet. Defo gonna end up doing fanarts of that i; I like that she has a sneasel which is one of muh fav pokemanz too

Indeed ;D I thought that if I was to give any one of the characters the ability to Verdant Transform in the 1st game, it would be Vivian, since she is from a village where the manipulation of such energy is known regularly. Even though it took her 5 years to master it XD I am glad you like her design, the Verdant Attire definitely looks really cool! Oooh, fanarts, you say :3 I cannot wait to see something like that come along!

this is Pokemon Dragonball right here

XD Not quite, but it's pretty comparable to it :P

The more you release on this game the more I'm excited for it. I'm almost fangirling over here and you are not helping with these updates.

Well, for anyone who really likes Vivian, there will be even more artwork of her coming out, along with the other 5 main characters :3

I really like Reborn's Lucia and there's so little fanart of her, so I'm glad Vivian gets a lot here >I And yeaaa definitely fanart coming along. Maybe of Krista too, she's pretty cool

That sounds awesome ^^ and yeah, I like Krista a lot as well, especially for what happens to her, when the group temporarily splits up ;w; But, there will be new artwork for all 6 of the main characters coming out within the next day or so. And Vivian is the first one to get hers, since she is mah fave.

Update: Addition and Subtraction!

So, over the past few days I have made some new additions to my game, as well as some subtractions.

+ First off, I added in Critical Capture for Allan Monochroma's ability repertoire.

+ I added in a bunch of new skits as well as 1 new character for the skit scenes!

+ Functionality for Krista's healing ability has now been implemented, so now you can walk and heal your Pokemon while playing as Krista (of course, after the certain part of the game has finished, you can use it.)

+ Skycrest is now fully evented with side stuff, and optional items by talking to NPC's and whatnot.

+ Krista now has access to Surfing, since she is the only one who can use it, as well as waterfall.

+ Dark Fang Base 1 is now fully evented.

- No longer using Essentials V16, because of too many script incompatibilities. Also, massive lag from the engine itself.

- Complete removed all traces of the character: N from the game, since he added literally NOTHING to the story, whatsoever. I think my 17 year old self said this, when I first started making the game: If I add N, then that will = good fanservice! (Yeah, because that's how good story writing works... yeah no.)

So, that is the update for today, and tomorrow there is going to be something super awesome for me to show you all! And it involves more character artwork! Also, there is going to be a neat little comic that is going to be made to showcase Verdant Transformation 1 and Verdant Transformation 2! For those of you who have not yet read the first comic, here it is, down below!

commission__vice_vs_allan_transformation

• Upvote 2

Update 1.5: Official Character Artwork for Vivian!

For those of you who really love Vivian, here is her Artwork with her partner Greninja!

commission__vivian_vance_card_cg_by_rial

There will be one of these for all the characters in the game, including the secret characters, for when you unlock them ;D

Edited by Dylanrockin