Wrong Impressions you initially had of the characters

Monochrome_Complex

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot of these guys hit right on the specifics O_O Even the bit about Lin being Fern/Flo's mom, which I thought I was the only one to think that... ^^" But yeah, I also thought:

- Adrienn was a dude

- ZEL is a nutcase with MPD/DID

- Victoria was the same as the PoC female protagonist (and that if I'd have picked her, the white female would have taken her place)

- The DJ dude was the same as the PoC nonbinary protagonist it's not racist i swear ; ^ ;

- All the orphanage children are related

- I thought Corey was going to talk to his daughter in person instead of writing his thoughts in a diary

- I was shocked to see that Corey committed suicide

- I didn't think Phoenix was going to die

- I didn't think Aya was going to be taken

- I didn't think Tara is part of Team Meteor. I thought she was just a typical circus girl.

- I didn't Amaria was going to be a suicidal girl

- Thought Cain was a girl.

- I also thought Cain was a creepy stalker.

- Thought (hoped) Victoria would be a bit more important to the plot.

- I confused Sirius for Solaris during Eclipse's death scene.

- I was honestly suprised that Aster and Eclipse was a part of the plot at all. To me, they just seemed like typical cartoon villan: Eclipse being the brain and Aster just following her around.

- I thought either Florina or Fern was the fourth person we see die, not Lin.

- Thought Titania was pushing Amaria to her death in order to "free" herself from the prison she trapped herself in.

- I thought I would never like Heather.

- I thought Shade was some kind of "judge" over life and death and that the four people you saw dying was some sort of "sinners".

- Thought Fern would be somewhat tolerable.

- Thought Adrienn was an old lady until we learn that xe is a non-binary person.

I thought Agate Circus was gonna be a fun place. Nobody told me that you had to party with AFRO FUCKIN CIRCUS with a HAMMER eventually, and deal with that mess. I think Terra has a pretty okay character going for her, but I can not understand a lick of her dialogue. I try to remove those three years of my scene phase from my memory, thanks.

Like almost everyone else, I thought Fern would be...well, not decent, but at least tolerable. When Hardy said "I'm going to punch your face clean off", I actually said out-loud "Get in line!"

I thought Victoria would be the Fighting Gym Leader who would give us the badge, not Samson.

I did not except Eclipse to try and leave Team Meteor, although her execution right after was a bit more predictable, albeit not in such a nasty way.

I thought I'd be able to figure out Anna's and Noel's deals by now. I haven't. (For reference, all these are as of right before the Gym battle against Charlotte).

• 3 weeks later...

posting here again whoops

Titania expectation: "You do it for her, that is to say you'll do it for him~~"

Titania reality: "Fuck you and your stupid fire dog and give me the ice cream."

The following isn't about a character but I feel it suits the thread so here goes: The first time I went into Shade's gym, I believed that all the incidents shown on the monitors could be avoided somehow, so I actually restarted my game (backed up the original save just in case) and searched high and low for a means to prevent Corey's suicide because, well, that's sad... long story short, this foolish attempt stole about 17 hours from my life.

Now on to the characters:

Thought Cain wouldn't be as prominent as he eventually became;

Thought Luna would be forced to be on the run and become another travel homie of the player's;

Thought Cal would be loyal to meteor and not a misguided dude;

Thought M3G4 T3RR4 wouldn't be funny. Turns out she was a rather welcome change to the game's mood (to me that is);

This might come as a surprise, but before interacting with Blake I thought he would be Reborn's Itachi Uchiha lol

I really thought Gossip Gardevoir would spout some lines during our fight with Radomus.

Thought Victoria would repace Kiki as fighting type leader.

-Thought Cain was a girl until..Pretty Girl appeared and I choked

-Thought Cain was going to kill me someday

-Never knew about ZEL being three people until my second playthrough

-I thought Taka's name was named after Taco

-Thought Fern was related to Lin

-In Shade's gym, where it shows Lin getting exploded into bits, I thought it was Fern

-Thought Sirius, Sigmund and Solaris was just 1 person....until I figured it out

-Since Cain is....I thought Aya would be the same

-Never knew Fern would go so bad

-I hoped Victoria would be more into the plot

-By the way how Cain acts, thought HE will be the one to annoy me..not Fern

-Thought Adreinn was a boy

-Thought EL was a girl(don't ask me how)

-Thought Titania was evil

-Thought Shade was a monster that is trying to kill me

-Thought Bennet was a creepy demon(seriously)

-Also thought Zel was a girl

- I thought cain was gay. He'd hit on his own sister I swear.

- I thought anna was crazy, then I realized she's an aura seer or whatever lucario's do with aura.

- I thought ZEL had MPD. Not even close.

- when I read the diaries at the trainer school I thought ame's was the depressing diary not even close.

- I thought Titania was an agent of team meteor.

- I thought fern and me has just a misunderstanding.

- I thought I wouldn't like terra Boy was I wrong.

- I thought corey was just a bad father, he was somewhat R.I.P but he cared and that's what's important.

- When eclipse died I thought Aster wouldn't be phased and just keep on being an evil ole grunt.

- I thought dr.sigmund was crazy for electrocuting kids

- I thought they were all fictional.

-I thought we'd have to battle the Agate ringmaster either before/after beating all of the Triumverate (rip spelling) or that at least she'd be an option. Definitely thought she'd have a huge part in that arc.

Actually when I saw her sprite in the files I thought there was something crazy that was gonna go down between her and Radomus. Either she was his real daughter, or he'd die and she'd be a reincarnation, or the chaotic evil to his chaotic good or something??

-Thought Samson was going to be the traitor to Meteor, not the Queen O' Booty.

-Since Flo was a grass leader, and water is one of the other basic elementals, I figured Amaria would be a low-level leader, too, until... well... Deliverance...

-Thought Lin was canonically like eight or ten, since someone said she's younger than Anna...maybe that's still possible???

-Thought the Aqua/Magma disputes would end with everyone being arrested, so that the relationships with the leader (Archie and the other one; obviously I chose Aqua) wouldn't end well at all

-Also thought it was a possibility that Radomus would die/disappear and Gossip Gardevoir would just so happen to be the Reserve Leader. Somehow. Would Ame even let a Pokemon be a gym leader? Even one perfectly capable of scheming and communication?

-Oh! And that Shade would have a Drifblim on his team, because of the Drifloon event outside his gym!

Edited by teddybrer

• Global Mods

-Thought Lin was canonically like eight or ten, since someone said she's younger than Anna...maybe that's still possible???

There's a sprite of a younger Lin. Ame used this for a story called "Dangan Reborn" and the young Lin's silhouette was also on the intro screen of episode 13.

post-52821-0-70887700-1426629211.png

-Also thought it was a possibility that Radomus would die/disappear and Gossip Gardevoir would just so happen to be the Reserve Leader. Somehow. Would Ame even let a Pokemon be a gym leader? Even one perfectly capable of scheming and communication?

Well you have Shade as the ghost gym leader so Ame recruits beings different as humans to be gym leader. So it wouldn't surprise me for her to hire a pkmn to be a gym leader. Especially since G.Gardevoir is more sociable then Shade.

Well you have Shade as the ghost gym leader so Ame recruits beings different as humans to be gym leader. So it wouldn't surprise me for her to hire a pkmn to be a gym leader. Especially since G.Gardevoir is more sociable then Shade.

*sends self out as last Pokemon*

"Darling I bet you weren't expecting THIS!*

Gardevoir only calls out her own attacks because the cameras are on and she doesn't want the one with the best angle to get Moonblasted.

When I saw the Dangan Ronpa spirtes Ame did for Zero, Eve, and Lumi, I thought Zero was a girl. This was before I finished E14. His appearance reminded me of one of the Furisode Girls from XY, specifically this one:

4mEVqws.png

That's because that's not Zero. I have no idea who the character with the red eyes is, but Zero doesn't seem to be in that story/AU at all.

He has yellow eyes, not red.

I don't believe there's one from before ZEL, so ZEL's sprite would be all there is.

Ame once said that their strange fashion sense is a result of the three of them trying to find a compromise for how to present themselves, but as far as just the body goes, there is no difference between Zero and ZEL. He's just naturally that androgynous.

I also remember Ice saying that he thinks Zero would possibly have had short hair before, but he didn't sound like he had a strong opinion either way.

...I was gonna make a sprite set for Zero eventually, though, as I'll need one when I do my Dark mono of Reborn. Would just be fanwork, of course and I'll stick to long-haired Zero til death but I could post it if I ever get it done. I haven't even finished the set for Lumi yet

Edited by Ama

- I thougt Victoria is normal nice looking girl :/

I hate Victoria :]

- Radomus seemed to me like some kind of freak or antagonist :D

On others i dont have any interesting expresions :D mostly the same as others

- I thought dr.sigmund was crazy for electrocuting kids

How is electrocuting kids not crazy?

To answer the topic...

- I thought Fern would turn out to be an alright guy.

- I thought Aya was suicidal

- I thought I would have liked Victoria more

- I thought Terra would simply be harmless comic relief.

- I thought Radomus was working with Team Meteor.