What Has Pokemon Reborn Taught You?

SgtNoobly

• Global Mods

It taught me the names of a lot of different kinds of crystals, since all the areas are named after them.

I learned I've been pronouncing amethyst wrong. I always thought it was "a-my-thist".

I learned that Giga Drain isn't a TM anymore. Also, I learned that Quash is a TM.

I learned than an epic raid doesn't necessarily have to conclude with a boss battle against the person in charge (I thought during the orphanage scene I'd have to battle Sigmund when I got to his office, but what actually happened was even better).

I learned to take yes/no choices seriously, and not assume it's a rhetorical question that'll loop until I tell the game what it wants to hear. I should probably just assume that everything that happens later will be a result of something I did or didn't do earlier on.

I learned that fangames can have ideas just as creative as the official games. The field effects are so detailed, and I've never seen any idea close to it.

I learned that even the grunts, who don't even have names in the official games, can have a story to tell about who they are and why they do what they do.

I learned about xe/xyr/xem pronouns. I knew about people that didn't identify as male and female, but most of the ones I know use "they", so I hadn't heard of these before.

Edited by Ice Cream Sand Witch

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It taught me the names of a lot of different kinds of crystals, since all the areas are named after them.

I learned I've been pronouncing amethyst wrong. I always thought it was "a-my-thist".

I learned that Giga Drain isn't a TM anymore. Also, I learned that Quash is a TM.

I learned than an epic raid doesn't necessarily have to conclude with a boss battle against the person in charge (I thought during the orphanage scene I'd have to battle Sigmund when I got to his office, but what actually happened was even better).

I learned to take yes/no choices seriously, and not assume it's a rhetorical question that'll loop until I tell the game what it wants to hear. I should probably just assume that everything that happens later will be a result of something I did or didn't do earlier on.

I learned that fangames can have ideas just as creative as the official games. The field effects are so detailed, and I've never seen any idea close to it.

I learned that even the grunts, who don't even have names in the official games, can have a story to tell about who they are and why they do what they do.

I learned about xe/xyr/xem pronouns. I knew about people that didn't identify as male and female, but most of the ones I know use "they", so I hadn't heard of these before.

This is almost inspiring.

They should use this in advertising of this game 0_0

(If you think I'm being sarcastic, I'm not)

It taught me that I really really love fighting gyms taht aren't just roadblocks, and actually require switching pokemon in and out. Taking advantage of fields is very very helpful (first run Kiki could have gone soooo much better). Always carry a gimmick pokemon with you because you never know when steelix will show up and laugh, or Arceus for that matter. Event pokemon are the bae...until they run their course.

I am actually pretty good at pokemon because Emerald version battle frontier trained me in the ways of the IV and EV. Although I still don't get how you win Battle Factory or Palace :wacko:

Battle Factory was always the first thing we were able to win (since we were nimwits when it came to IVs/EVs. Battle palace is rather tricky (I never managed through that). The pokemon's actions are based on their nature, but you'll find plenty of sites suggesting good builds.

^ I never knew about the androgynous pronouns either. Reborn taught me that sometimes things need to be sacrificed and that you must think of the bigger picture, even when you're faced with a hard choice. It taught me that there's a way around even the biggest threat and that things are not always black and white.

and most of all, Kiki's ...now apparently replaced speech -.- RIP EPIC SPEECH about bowls and sand and rocks and water I:

It taught me to never use a move with less then 100% accuracy. I still have nightmares about 4 High Jump Kick misses in a row.

wow were u raging, crying or in disbelief when dem misses were happening

^ I never knew about the androgynous pronouns either. Reborn taught me that sometimes things need to be sacrificed and that you must think of the bigger picture, even when you're faced with a hard choice. It taught me that there's a way around even the biggest threat and that things are not always black and white.

and most of all, Kiki's ...now apparently replaced speech -.- RIP EPIC SPEECH about bowls and sand and rocks and water I:

Ya, as I was playing through reborn I started to understand a member taking a hit for the team can save the rest of your team
Edited by SgtNoobly

I'm playing E15 and there was definitely a speech involving rocks, sand and water, it was INSPIRATIONAL!

Maybe it's changed I don't know, but it's surely still there x.x

I'm playing E15 and there was definitely a speech involving rocks, sand and water, it was INSPIRATIONAL!

Maybe it's changed I don't know, but it's surely still there x.x

Really? Maybe it became a choice-based speech then because the speech Kiki gave for me was about "it's not always black and white, what appears black is not always shrouded in darkness" etc ._.

Wait, they got rid of the 'rocks and sand in a bowl' speech? But that was so cool ;-; Okey dokey never mind.

Hmm, I can't really think of anything I learned that hasn't already been said, so... what they said ;P

Edited by BreezyPonie

it taught me that even though i just play pokemon for fun and that i sucked sometimes its time to stand up,put on your poker face and act serious to over come the challenge ahead of you...... no matter how hard it is.....wich i am still learning because im still playing the game.

Doctors are douchebags.

xd so true

It taught me how good the potential of some NU pokes like Meowstic and Emolga is. Love them.

Ya xD I never found Emolga good, but now that I have become closer to it I realize it has so much untapped potential that I am only starting to unlock

Really? Maybe it became a choice-based speech then because the speech Kiki gave for me was about "it's not always black and white, what appears black is not always shrouded in darkness" etc ._.

My first plathrought I got the rocks, on my second play through I got something about darkness

(idk how to delete post)

It showed me how u can defeat a lvl 75 garchomp throught luck and strategy

Edited by Ikaru