What Has Pokemon Reborn Taught You?

SgtNoobly

What Has Pokemon Reborn Taught You, and has it changed you?

Pokemon Reborn taught me that there is always a way in getting victory, and to never give up

It taught me how see things from multiple perspectives

It taught me how every action I do would either cause my downfall or become uprising later on (when in gym battle making the right plays and the right moves on the right turn saved me so many times. I could be like a 3-4 levels under the gym and still make it on top just by making the right moves on the right turn and all)

It taught me how there is always hope despite the odds

It taught me how much of an ass luck can be sometime

It taught me how just because things aren't as perfect as you want them to be dosent mean it wont work out (getting Pokemon with bad moves, natures etc)

Thinking before speaking and not rushing through things was something I always needed to work on, and it was only through the countless defeats and resetting I faced that I actually started to do so.

An example of this would be my first topic I made I cant even believe I even made such a topic I am so sorry ):

If I did a nuzloke of this game, accepting a loss would be something huge and would make me a better person, but no way am I gonna put my self throught that hell :P Of course I have to accept the loss in the first place xD I usually reset the game so I dont lose a pokemon

I haven't finished playing Reborn so who knows else it has in store for me :o?

I had to edit this post so many times because I rushed throught it not really thinking ;/ Guess reborn hasnt drilled it into my head yet

And if I actually stopped before posting this I could have listen even more points ughghhgh!!!

You guys are making really good points, so instead of quoting every one of your beautiful and talented people im just gonna upvote them

Edited by SgtNoobly

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it taught me that I was really bad at pokemon

but it also taught me how to fix that problem

it taught me to never underestimate a pokemon

and how to think on my feet so to speak

it also taught me that no matter how hard you think the game is right now............ it could always be harder :)

It taught Ame to give us many pains and sufferings.

xD so true

I learned about some of the things needed to make a good fangame, but that's another story.

I also learned that seemingly weak Pokemon have a place in anyone's team.

Yes exactly I agree with your 2nd point! Alot of pokemon are being outshined because of megas and stronger ones. And when people try to use them just like the stronger pokes they realize that they suck. But if the trainers took time to actually understand the weaker pokemon they would know that it has potential stronger pokes dont have!

This game taught me how hard can a pokemon game actually be.

This was my first fan-game after 4 years of not playing pokemon games and damn if this was hard for me.

New types, new moves, changing battlefields, limited choice of pokemons, actual LOGIC in the AI.

It taught me that every 'mon has its uses and potential.

It also taught me that I like pokemon games with a dark/catastrophic story-line much more than the original ones.

This game taught me how hard can a pokemon game actually be.

This was my first fan-game after 4 years of not playing pokemon games and damn if this was hard for me.

New types, new moves, changing battlefields, limited choice of pokemons, actual LOGIC in the AI.

It taught me that every 'mon has its uses and potential.

It also taught me that I like pokemon games with a dark/catastrophic story-line much more than the original ones.

Logical AI ;_; cant believe I felt so confident fighting one at first

this game thaught me that don't underestimate the gym leaders or bosses,how to make tactical team not just all attacker,it also taught me that how to make great story by throwing everything that make no sense first then solve it later

It taught me that,

even when there is an easier strategy,

When I could just learn the field effects and make life easier,

I can still just overlevel my team to 10+ my enemy's to win.

The only difference here is that I have to press F12 many, many times before I win.

It's taught me that through perseverance, any obstacle can be overcome. Even way Aya was wasting (no pun intended) my team again and again, sometimes all it takes is a little Shedinja and a Pyroar to bring her to her crashing down.

It also taught me everyone has their own struggles based on their own strengths and weaknesses. I may have swept through Episode 13 Charolette, but know fow a fact that she was living hell to many of the other Reborn players.

It's taught me about how strength entirely depends on circumstances. I honestly doubt anyone could doubt the strength of Kricketune on Florina even though it's rather lackluster everywhere else ever. Similarly, a +6/+6+6 Mega Altaria is complete worthless in the face of an Unaware Clefable.

It taught me to always demand my badge right after I kick the *ss of a Gym Leader! Seriously, give me my badge because next time I'm going to be the one who will kill you!!!

Even if you manage to get the 'badges', invalidation of badges has somehow wormed its way into your life~

It taught me that I really really love fighting gyms taht aren't just roadblocks, and actually require switching pokemon in and out. Taking advantage of fields is very very helpful (first run Kiki could have gone soooo much better). Always carry a gimmick pokemon with you because you never know when steelix will show up and laugh, or Arceus for that matter. Event pokemon are the bae...until they run their course.

I am actually pretty good at pokemon because Emerald version battle frontier trained me in the ways of the IV and EV. Although I still don't get how you win Battle Factory or Palace :wacko:

It taught me that I really really love fighting gyms taht aren't just roadblocks, and actually require switching pokemon in and out. Taking advantage of fields is very very helpful (first run Kiki could have gone soooo much better). Always carry a gimmick pokemon with you because you never know when steelix will show up and laugh, or Arceus for that matter. Event pokemon are the bae...until they run their course.

I am actually pretty good at pokemon because Emerald version battle frontier trained me in the ways of the IV and EV. Although I still don't get how you win Battle Factory or Palace :wacko:

Lucky you had experience before playing this game ;/

Event pokes are awesome I never really cared about Zebstrikia but in my first run he helped me out so much ;_; Ill never forgot you ):

It taught me to always demand my badge right after I kick the *ss of a Gym Leader! Seriously, give me my badge because next time I'm going to be the one who will kill you!!!

Yea xD My first run I was like wait wut? No badge?? None of my pokemon are gonna l;sten to me now ;_;

It's taught me that through perseverance, any obstacle can be overcome. Even way Aya was wasting (no pun intended) my team again and again, sometimes all it takes is a little Shedinja and a Pyroar to bring her to her crashing down.

It also taught me everyone has their own struggles based on their own strengths and weaknesses. I may have swept through Episode 13 Charolette, but know fow a fact that she was living hell to many of the other Reborn players.

It's taught me about how strength entirely depends on circumstances. I honestly doubt anyone could doubt the strength of Kricketune on Florina even though it's rather lackluster everywhere else ever. Similarly, a +6/+6+6 Mega Altaria is complete worthless in the face of an Unaware Clefable.

Yea in my first run I found alot of battles really easy, but in my 2nd run im having a lot more difficulties ):

It taught me that,

even when there is an easier strategy,

When I could just learn the field effects and make life easier

I can still just overlevel my team to 10+ my enemy's to win.

The only difference here is that I have to press F12 many, many times before I win.

xD yea hoping that luck will be on your side

Taught me, more like reminded me that I need to actually work for good pokemon with useful moves, which the normal games spoil kids these days...

xD so true

It taught me that not always go off offense, thinking more and learning the field meta.

And it taught me that always have a ghost pokemon for the pokemon gonna not kill itself(I'm looking at you Beldum).

Yea ;/ at the 2nd gym I realised I cant just use sheer power to gain victory im going to have to think

Definitely taught me how bad I used to be at pokemon.

But with that knowledge, I've gotten better and am now semi decent. (I still don't come close to pro strength though)

So true, I though I actually deserved the title to be a champion after beating Pokemon Y and all...I was wrong