Well, this has been a long two-weeks selection process.

Or... It should've been. After announcing the new development team this wednesday, I've gotten a staggering thirty five​ applications to join the team​which was far, far above any of my expectations. Because of the huge influx of people, we increased the team size, and even then, the slots filled up faster than I imagined. We carefully examined each submission, but the more we investigated, these individuals became more and more apparent as the best choices at this moment in time.

So without further delay, I'll like to introduce to you all the four members that will join the development team:

Yako, Zenko, Reiko and Tenko!

Nah, I'm kidding.

(Though i really really wish I wasn't)

Here are the //five// people who will be joining the development team:

Congratulations to StarryD and LittleLewis, who will be joining the Factory! This choice was really a no-brainer for me, since together they have over five years of experience in development already (although at an academical level) making them ideal for the Factory.

StarryD is the creator behind Pokémon Redemption, so maybe some of you have already seen what he can do.

Little Lewis is a new face around the forums, but he's been playing Reborn since 12.1, so he's hardly new to the game. WIth his
entrance to the team, Lewis is bound to become more active around the forums as well, so pay attention to them!

Congratulations to Zumi, Mumpelfink and DashingStorm for joining Quality Control!

DashingStorm was also an easy call, with already helping in the bug forums anyway. While his original duties remain, now he'll also be fixing the bugs in the code, not just in your save files.

Zumi was of great assitance to Jan for Pokémon Rejuvenation, and so the opportunity to grab her as a volunteer was one I wasn't going to pass on.

Lastly, it was down to Commander, Mumpelfink and AuthorReborn for the last spot. We had a dynamic interview with the group and the solutions came down to the wire, but ultimately we decided Mumpelfink was the most fitting choice for this moment.

This doesn't mean those who weren't chosen didn't deserve it or that they weren't good enough. Because of the amount of applications, we had to take factors in consideration that went beyond the scope of the interviews themselves, like seeing what this person's done elsewhere around the forum, how they've helped, for how long they've been here, as well as how well they got along with other members of the team of ourselves.

That said, I was //humbled// by the incredible amount of people who applied. Seriously, guys. It was amazing to see all that interest and it made me even more motivated to continue pursuing not just reborn, but game development as well. I hope that, one day, all of you can follow in the footsteps of this path you've shown interest in threading. And when you do, I'll be there to help you.

Because of this, I've decided to create the Lecture Hall, which will be a place for sharing knowledge and helping others learn what they'll be interested in, although that will be a thread of it's own which I'll make later.

For now, I'd like to open a space for all five members of the team to introduce themselves. We're all in this for the long run, and I promise you this: Every single one of these people will be giving their utmost to bring you the best gaming experience Reborn can provide.

Thank you,

~Pokémon Reborn Development Team

• Administrators

To all the applicants, I very much appreciate your interest and dedication to the project, and I hope that you will remain available should we need additional help in the future.

To those selected, thank you very much for lending us your time and energy. I have high hopes for all of you that it will certainly show in the final the product. Please let me know if I can be of service to you; I'll do my best to assist as I'm able.

• Support Squad

\o/

I have nothing to say aside from standard congratulations.

One day I'll actually make myself useful to the community as a whole and not just haunt the RP forum for my own satisfaction, I swear

Truthfully, I had a feeling Mumplefink was going to be picked between the three of us. But congrats to all the winners regardless. But geez 35 applicants. I'm surprised I even got as far as I did.

Wow I also didnt expect to see that much applications. There sure is an interesting bunch of people on this forum :)

Anyways congrats to the "winners" , even if I am a new guy on this forum I still saw most of the guys and their work on this forum and I am sure they will be a huge help to the development team.

• Developers

Alright, guess I'm gonna be the first of us to do a little intro thing here. Just to start, thanks to everyone's congratulations and kind words, and I hope there's no hard feelings with any of the other applicants.

Anyway, for those of you who don't know me, I'm Mumpelfink. Feel free to call me Mump. I'm also more than happy to go by Marcello or March or any variation thereof. I've been playing Reborn for a while (Not that long in comparison to a lot of people, I started playing quite shortly after the game was released up to Samson (E12, I think)), and I really love it, so I'm more than a little glad to have this oppurtunity.

I've been semi-active on the forums, mostly stuff with playing games and LPs and documented runs and that sort of thing, and I'll tend to read any topic that catches my eye. The chances are I'm gonna be more active from now on though, so I'm afraid you guys are stuck with me look forward to seeing me around!

As for just about me, I'm 18, I'm in England (I would've posted something like this last night, but timezones. It was like 2:30 in the morning), and I'm a budding mathematician, going to uni to start studying it in September/October. I've done as much maths as I can get my hands on throughout highschool and stuff, so if anyone wants to talk about maths, be it just for fun, or perhaps you need help, feel free to let me know, I don't bite. (I can't promise I'll have knowledge in every area, but I like to think I understand a pretty wide range of topics). I'm also obviously an avid videogamer, big pokemon fan, and a bunch of other stuff that I can't come up with on the spot. I swear I'm interesting I promise.

Otherwise... Yeah, I'd say that's me. Glad to have this oppurtunity, big congrats to everyone else who got picked, big thanks to the existing dev team for giving us all this chance, and yeah. I look forward to helping make this game we all love even better!

I'm terrible at intros I hope that was okay okay please don't shoot me

Congrats to all who made it.

I just wish to say a few words on this which I believe to be "reasonable".

Simply, when doing things like this in the future, I would readjust your requirements. As of now, it stated no experience was required, and yet most, if not all of the selected people have prior experience. While that's a logical thing to account for when making a choice, I believe it can give false hope to some people that their lack of experience may not matter. In fact, I think, after reading the entire first post and comments on the selection, the only way lack of experience wouldn't matter is if most of the total applicants had none. As such, for the future, I'd opt to mention at the very least that experience is required or given priority to, if present.

The second thing I'd adjust in the requirements is the fact that people will likely be given priority if they have been part of this community for a while, or at least have been actively involving themselves with the community. That again is what I derive from the choice comments. That a person hardly stood a chance if they just joined or if they had lurked around and decided to join solely for the purpose of becoming part of the team and helping out with bugs and stuff.

Obviously, I don't exactly know how the selection process went down, but from comments stating that it was a no-brainer to select someone who has had a buttload of experience, that's the basic gist I get to, and as such, that's my opinion that some details should be mentioned in future requirements of such recruitment, simply for the purpose of not giving certain people false hope that they stand a chance. ( I can already foresee the replies I'll get to this but wellp)

I haven't applied for this myself, so it doesn't concern me directly, but if I were an applicant, that's how I'd feel at least. That said, I am by no means trying to say or sound like I'm implying that the selected people don't or won't be deserving of their position, I just wanted to give my 2cents on the matter.

:[keepitclean]:

• Developers

Simply, when doing things like this in the future, I would readjust your requirements. As of now, it stated no experience was required, and yet most, if not all of the selected people have prior experience. While that's a logical thing to account for when making a choice, I believe it can give false hope to some people that their lack of experience may not matter. In fact, I think, after reading the entire first post and comments on the selection, the only way lack of experience wouldn't matter is if most of the total applicants had none. As such, for the future, I'd opt to mention at the very least that experience is required or given priority to, if present.

The second thing I'd adjust in the requirements is the fact that people will likely be given priority if they have been part of this community for a while, or at least have been actively involving themselves with the community. That again is what I derive from the choice comments. That a person hardly stood a chance if they just joined or if they had lurked around and decided to join solely for the purpose of becoming part of the team and helping out with bugs and stuff.

Obviously, I don't exactly know how the selection process went down, but from comments stating that it was a no-brainer to select someone who has had a buttload of experience, that's the basic gist I get to, and as such, that's my opinion that some details should be mentioned in future requirements of such recruitment, simply for the purpose of not giving certain people false hope that they stand a chance. ( I can already foresee the replies I'll get to this but wellp)

I haven't applied for this myself, so it doesn't concern me directly, but if I were an applicant, that's how I'd feel at least. That said, I am by no means trying to say or sound like I'm implying that the selected people don't or won't be deserving of their position, I just wanted to give my 2cents on the matter.

I'm not sure where my opinion falls on this, but I figured for the sake of keeping you informed, I'll mention that I'm not all too active in the community (But I wouldn't say inactive, either) and I have no prior experience. As I said, not sure of my opinion here, but yeah, figured I should mention it.

I'm not going to say too much as I say the message in the OP pretty much explains what happened. When I first saw Kuro asking for help, I thought 8 or 9 people were going to ask which is why I decided to go ahead an try. Xe did say experience was something that was being considered, but none was needed if you were reading it carefully. But obviously the best candidates are the ones going to be picked so...I don't see the issue in this (employers do this all the time anyways...some with untold requirements).

I guess I may as well explain why I was put in the interview over other people. My experience with the coding half is not very strong (but I'm pretty much a straight A student in Math and Engineering...which I had to learn some coding terminology from them), but I've gotten quite familiar with RPG maker. Learning about this wouldn't take too long as I've already learned the basics. That and being a long standing member is what made me stand out (2 years and still going strong).

I'm sorry if that's how it came across, but it wasn't the case at all.

First, only three people were going to join the team. There wasn't going to be an implementation taskforce. I had no intention of having anyone but me sholder the brunt of that work due to it's considerably higher complexity.

It was the fact that two people with experience applied that that was even considered, hence why I said it was a no-brainer.

Even then, because of that and the number of applications, since I didn't want anyone to feel left out, I opted to increase the number of people getting recruited from three to five so I could include them both and still grab the others for the taskforce.

Lastly, while I won't detail each member interview for their privacy sake, there were others with experience who were not chosen in favor of others.

This said, I'll state that I don't feel I was misleading at all. I said several times during the thread that experience //was preferred// but wasn't //mandatory//. It meant what it meant; Experience wasn't a requirement to apply, but if someone with good experience showed up, of course they'd have an advantage.

So Kuro pretty much forced me in here- To make an intro.

Hi, you've all probably seen me around, be it on Showdown or on the forums. I've been in charge of Bug Reporting/Troubleshooting for a short time now, and since recently, I've also been looking after Reborn City. Add this new task here in Development/Quality Control and you've got quite the busy pony. But rest assured, with all these things combined, I'll be sure to stay busy/active throughout my stay.

..Do I really need an intro? I'm quite notorious for actually breaking Reborn on an (almost daily basis). This time, I'm going to see if I can adapt my breaking-skills into making them fixing-skills.

Glad to be workin' with everyone!

Hi Everyone, for those who don't know me (AKA everyone) my name is LittleLewis. You can call me Little or Lewis, whichever works best for you. As you can tell, I am new to the forum however I am not new to the game. I've been playing this incredible game for over a year. Besides playing Pokemon, I enjoy various genres of video games(RPGs, sports, fighting), I like to keep physically active by playing sports such as Basketball and Football, and I've recently gotten into standup comedy (not quite to the level of performing yet lol). I attend a university in New York and major in Computer Science.

I would like to say congratulations to the rest of the new team members and thanks to Kuro for giving me this great opportunity. I understand there are some concerns due to the fact that I am new to the community. I would just like to say that while I have not posted, I have been lurking around the forum for a while now and am eager to become an active part of the community. I believe my experience in programming will help the team and I look forward to working with everyone!

Hi Everyone, for those who don't know me (AKA everyone) my name is LittleLewis. You can call me Little or Lewis, whichever works best for you. As you can tell, I am new to the forum however I am not new to the game. I've been playing this incredible game for over a year. Besides playing Pokemon, I enjoy various genres of video games(RPGs, sports, fighting), I like to keep physically active by playing sports such as Basketball and Football, and I've recently gotten into standup comedy (not quite to the level of performing yet lol). I attend a university in New York and major in Computer Science.

I would like to say congratulations to the rest of the new team members and thanks to Kuro for giving me this great opportunity. I understand there are some concerns due to the fact that I am new to the community. I would just like to say that while I have not posted, I have been lurking around the forum for a while now and am eager to become an active part of the community. I believe my experience in programming will help the team and I look forward to working with everyone!

Don't worry about being new to posting in the community. The important thing is that you are going to do a great job and improve this game. I personally have no hard feelings towards those who beat me for the position and am pretty sure the same applies to other people in my position.

Good luck and looking forward to seeing what you and the team come up with!

LittleLewis AKA LLCoolJ

Hello world.

My name is StarryD. I've lurked the forums and played reborn since ep8, but only recently became active when I began working on Pokemon Redemption. I have a bachelors in Creative Writing and am currently working towards my bachelors in Management Information Systems. I've had coding experience since high school and played Pokemon since Blue version. In my free time I either code, play Hearthstone Arena infinitely, or play Sm4sh.

Congrats to everyone else picked and hopefully we can all work towards an even better Pokemon Reborn.

Feel free to add me on Hearthstone. StarryD #1163.