[Spoilers] E16 Status Discussion

Amethyst

Ame, hope you get better soon! Can't have our fangame's Leader be sick~

As ironic as this may sound being said over the internet, in case you need anything, don't hesitate to ask (help, company, sb to talk to/anything), you got a whole community willing to help you and your crew out in any way.

Looking forward to E16's sick content and ofc your own youtube's content. Peace!

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pshaw, easy. After the one from persona 4 that's cake.

Uhhhh ish. It will probably always be a recurring problem or at least something I have to keep in mind.

Jasper is done, so Beryl's the last city ward left. Admittedly it's a doozy... but that's okay!

Also almost done with all of this episode's animations. There's just a few stragglers left. Have a Twineedle, courtesy of Smeargle.

gpTXVEh.gif

In the end, we've remade about 235 animations. Counting stuff like multi-hits and animations when used by the enemy, those were spread across about ~275 files. Coming to the end of this, we have over 400 files for those same 235 animations. That's not really meaningful so much as it is a fun fact, but what it does imply is that ~130 of those now have enemy-use animations when they didn't before, and that means better quality overall.

Oooooh Twinneedle looks nice! Very cool, Smeargle! Glad to hear all those animations are coming along. Can we get a quick list of favorites from each of the animators if possible? Be it favorite overall, favorite you worked on, what have you. Also glad to hear you're on the last part of the wards! Beryl seems like a nightmare to do, just with how...much there is, to be frank. If anyone's gonna knock this down in a semi-reasonable amount of time, it's gonna be you Ame. Best of luck, and may your health stay...well, healthy throughout the rest of this dev cycle!

Beryl oh beryl, my favorite ward among all, with the most depressing music even the white ones. It's like Beryl will be the Reborn's Dark History reminder. Hopefully the New Beryl map can still be a reminder for what have happened in Reborn like its White Music does...

Good luck, Ame! I can't say much for your recurring health problems as I know how it feels to have health problems come-go-and come again. Just remember to not overwork yourself. Get well soon and stay healthy, Ame ^^

Hey first of thank you Ame and everyone who takes part in making this game so amazing! Despite raging and swearing at pulse swalot or spending hours on a puzzle, I am in love with this game and recently finished the story, and although I'm aware that an estimated time of release isn't really available I was wondering if some previous members could enlighten me on how much more is added when an episode is released? I started from episode 15 so I didn't have to stop until beating Ciel, so yea just wondering if anyone maybe has an idea of how many more gym leaders will be available in the next episode, etc anything at all. Also is episode 16 going to be the final episode? Not trying to sound impatient just curious, once again thanks to the community!

• Developers

Hey first of thank you Ame and everyone who takes part in making this game so amazing! Despite raging and swearing at pulse swalot or spending hours on a puzzle, I am in love with this game and recently finished the story, and although I'm aware that an estimated time of release isn't really available I was wondering if some previous members could enlighten me on how much more is added when an episode is released? I started from episode 15 so I didn't have to stop until beating Ciel, so yea just wondering if anyone maybe has an idea of how many more gym leaders will be available in the next episode, etc anything at all. Also is episode 16 going to be the final episode? Not trying to sound impatient just curious, once again thanks to the community!

Each new episode contains one new gym plus some story content, new sidequests etc. Reborn is sheduled so that the final episode will be EP 19 (one episode will have two gyms, EP 19 will contain the final gym, the league and postgame).

Each new episode contains one new gym plus some story content, new sidequests etc. Reborn is sheduled so that the final episode will be EP 19 (one episode will have two gyms, EP 19 will contain the final gym, the league and postgame).

i don't know why but i'm not sure that E19 will have a gym it would most likely have the league and post story content, i don't have any proof its more of a gut feelng

No, it is one episode whenever they come out.

Some of them only took a few months, whereas some took a bit longer. But yes, there have been 15 releases of the game.

It isn't a one per year thing or anything.

Ame already confirmed that E19 will have the last gym, the E4, and the postgame.

Oh gosh, that episode is going to have so much content!

I'm excited and nervous, idk why nervous, perhaps from excitement?

Anyway, great work on the episode to everyone working on it! Reborn has so much work put into it, it's one of the best romhacks I've seen!

I'm going to have to change my settings, as in all pokemon games I have animations disabled because I'm impatient and it makes battles go faster. But I'll have to make an exception.

No, it is one episode whenever they come out.

Some of them only took a few months, whereas some took a bit longer. But yes, there have been 15 releases of the game.

It isn't a one per year thing or anything.

Unless Ame changed it from when I last heard, it's 19 episodes until the end of the main story (which I believe is the champion battle), but there would be a release afterward for post game content such as gym leader rematches, likely the legendaries, some more character development, etc.

Oh gosh, that episode is going to have so much content!

I'm excited and nervous, idk why nervous, perhaps from excitement?

Anyway, great work on the episode to everyone working on it! Reborn has so much work put into it, it's one of the best romhacks I've seen!

I'm going to have to change my settings, as in all pokemon games I have animations disabled because I'm impatient and it makes battles go faster. But I'll have to make an exception.

Reborn's not a romhack, Ame built this thing from scratch using RPGmaker and Pokemon essentials. And I'm excited too:)

You know what would be funny? If all those areas we've been shown get destroyed not long after we re-enter the city. (like, after a gym battle, Lin comes in and rips the city a new one.)

haahah yes but i dont think Ame would make reborn city all over again (maps and other...)

You know what would be funny? If all those areas we've been shown get destroyed not long after we re-enter the city. (like, after a gym battle, Lin comes in and rips the city a new one.)

It'd be the most hilariously pointless thing in the history of Reborn. And we would all laugh about it.

"We" being everyone who's not Amethyst or Adrienn. Because that means that each of them would have to remake Reborn City again.

...And in a surprising turn of events, Lin does not get defeated by the player or even Arceus itself, but Adrienn.

Super Fairy Power go! x.x

Then again I guess Lin being defeated by a Fairy leader makes sense since she mostly uses Dragon types, I think..

Especially with Hydrei being 4x weak to Fairy. 'o'

• Global Mods

Lin will not win. Her offense and defense are both paper thin. Her name rhymes with sin. She's not as sharp as a pin, and doesn't know what goes in the trash and what goes in the recycle bin. After she's defeated, she'll have to drown her sorrows in gin. Her heart is as hollow as tin. Her voice is din. She isn't Yang or Yin. She doesn't have a chin. She likes to kick people in the shin. She doesn't value her kin. Repeat after me: Lin is not in!

Fin

Lin doesn't really have much of a choice in this aspect. There aren't a lot of fields outside of the Glitchfield that would help dragons against Fairy. Not even the Dragon field helps against Fairy.

And I don't see us fighting Lin in the Glitchfield.

So, Lin's choices are spamming a lot of anti-fairy moves on her pokemon or using a non-monoDragon team