[Spoilers] E16 Status Discussion

Amethyst

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What about some small solitary trees, and what about some benches? Very basic town elements.

Anyway, I'm pretty curious to see how Peridot's new colour scheme may end up looking, considering that its current scheme is much different from its namesake crystal.

I have a very weird thing for unworked crystals on their natural stones (example and example and example). I guess it will end up being something else, because the Ward started from dark colours and can't be made lime-green in a bat of the eye.

Well, the main series is like that too. Trains, ships, and planes but no cars. I imagine driving would be very inconvenient with people battling in the streets.

I mean there was the moving truck in Gen 3 (along with a few trucks in a part behind the S.S. Anne if you glitch back there), but you never see it actually move anywhere, but yeah, true.

That's not to say there shouldn't be any because the main games don't have em. I think roads with parked cars would be interesting, especially in the ghetto part of Peridot by the tracks that could add some broken down ones. However, that would require pretty much resizing the whole thing and that could be a pain.

I kinda wish that Ame would borrow the Exp breeders in Rejuvenation. It would make training a little easier. The breeder could required payment to make it hard to spam. I really believe it might be easier on players that way, in case we have a Pokemon we need for our team (like the lv 15 ralts u find at a lv 50-ish gym or the riolu that is extremly low leveled in a close to 80 area). Plz do this Ame, save my soul from the 20+ hours of me trying to grind Pokemon.

I kinda wish that Ame would borrow the Exp breeders in Rejuvenation. It would make training a little easier. The breeder could required payment to make it hard to spam. I really believe it might be easier on players that way, in case we have a Pokemon we need for our team (like the lv 15 ralts u find at a lv 50-ish gym or the riolu that is extremly low leveled in a close to 80 area). Plz do this Ame, save my soul from the 20+ hours of me trying to grind Pokemon.

I'm not advocating for either side of the coin, but Amethyst did say that the Opal Ward trainers will start from the beginning of the game and are rebattleable, so combining those and the circus ones means that we have trainers to battle the whole game. At least it's experience, albeit not as easy as crushing Audinos.

I'm not advocating for either side of the coin, but Amethyst did say that the Opal Ward trainers will start from the beginning of the game and are rebattleable, so combining those and the circus ones means that we have trainers to battle the whole game. At least it's experience, albeit not as easy as crushing Audinos.

RIP to all the Audinos that were used for their Heal Pulse and quickly killed after.

• Administrators

TIL that the obedience system changed in Gen V so that a truant Pokemon doesn't even ever have a chance to attack. If wanted to be evil, I would have put that in, but I am so not about that.

Anyway I touched up the disobedience script to fix the error where it was like

Pokemon ignored orders

Just kidding!!!

Incidentally, the existence of that intended effect also changed in Gen V, so I just deleted it. Which happens to be my preferred method of bugfixing anyhow.

Added the connection from 7th St to the WTC. Worked more on Peridot, settled on a color scheme, and started cleaning up the map+remapping stuff. Currently done with most of north Peridot but had to stop to sprite this mess:

37FZVHn.png

Other screen:

NQwUHJD.png

also this kind of magical transformation!! amuses me

That Peridot ward looks great! It certainly is a huge change in atmosphere.

If anything the fountain looks a little bit bright to me, but that could just be because I'm used to seeing duller ones in the more worn down cities.

It still looks great though!

*ELATED SQUEALING*

Peridot looks amazing!! !! I really like the colours you picked out!

I didn't really recognize it at first because I was so used to the darker colour scheme, but I'm sure it'll grow on me.

also if what every says is true and Lin destroys Reborn I will...I will be extremely upset. :[

That looks incredibly beautiful! Though I do realize one thing;

Is the sprite mess in front of the desert gate accidental or on purpose? Because if it is, it seems that we won't be able to challenge Titania for now.

But everything looks colorful and gorgeous! Especially the market!

(Please do not ruin this city once more Amethyst we beg of you)

I love the color scheme (and yellow is a very hard color for me to like). I feel that the golden yellow, red, and dark green grass fit quite nicely with the Ward, yet make the place someplace you're not necessarily afraid to call home. I also love the little market area. I can tell the wait will be worth the while.

That looks incredibly beautiful! Though I do realize one thing;

Is the sprite mess in front of the desert gate accidental or on purpose? Because if it is, it seems that we won't be able to challenge Titania for now.

But everything looks colorful and gorgeous! Especially the market!

(Please do not ruin this city once more Amethyst we beg of you)

I think it's just intentional scaffolding, and you can see a hole in the wall where it looks like we'd be able to pass through.

Also, peridot looks great although the bright green clashes with the yellow slightly. But it's really minor so well done ame!

pls no more destruction

Edited by wytch_doctr

if Titania is on the maybe not list of gym leaders for E16 the two most likely candidates are Hardy and Adrian .Adrian would make since since we are going back to the city anyway. unless we get a surprise and fight two leaders in one episode.

You can always go back to the Grand Hall after finishing Ep 15 and battle the trainer's there. Decent way to EV train and I used the double battle there to level up alot of my pokemon, you can get them from lvl 1-50 in a 2 or 3 fights