[Spoilers] E16 Status Discussion

Amethyst

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is one thing I would like to ask about the game. Why is exp share featured so late in the game?

Like if the reason is so that it makes it take longer to level up pokemon I would just like to say that reborn does a very good job already of making grinding grindier. Especially when you have to level up a completely new pokemon for your team as you often do.

I feel exp share should be available after Corey but before Shelly. I just think it would speed up levelling until the pokemon is strong enough to level up itself

The irony is that while Reborn is a grindfest at points...hardcore has the opposite problem. I did a five level shift for the whole game and the issue only appears after Julia (pre Julia I give a Lucky Egg and Exp Share to shorten the grindfest there). It turns out I give way too much experience so teams are at or pass the cap if they aren't careful. Like you can run a team of 8 too much experience at some points. Unfortunately, Reborn's normal system wouldn't work with a system like that given there's supposed to be a big gap between your Pokemon and the level cap normally (3-5 levels iirc).

For Corey, the best place to grind is through Beedrills. Those things give a ton of experience and aren't that hard to kill. Thankfully, the early points of the game you can run almost any team to get by until the Lucky Egg is available (though it's nowhere near as helpful as the base Exp Share...saves so many hours of grinding). But yeah, it is a little bit of a hassle to raise those late game Pokemon, but some of them are so worth it.

I just finished episode 15 and: woaaaaaaaaah congratulations to the whole team, that was the best Pokemon game I ever played. Thank you for this great experience.

I'm super excited for episode 16 now!

I had a quick look at what was said on this threat about the next ep. and if it will be rich in side quests, I really hope we can visit the bottom of the lake in Tarzan cove (?). I'm pretty sure some useful items sank with Meteor, and we'll get to bring back something from Tara.

I also think we will meet Aster again, and that he will somehow be useful.

I'm also hoping for a new mission with team Aqua/Magma. I like that side story, I think it's pretty fun to have the opportunity to be part of a team instead of always fighting with them.

I also think we will meet with Laura (she ran away to speak with Ame about the E4 thing right ?), and probably Bennett... as well as Serra. Last time we heard of her, she was asking Gardevoir to teleport her next to her son. I would really like Serra to have a bigger role in the story. Same with Ciel, I hope we meet her again outside of the circus. As of now, they are the two gym leaders we did not really see actively involved in the main story, right ?

Oh, also, I'm expecting some kind of quest to help Adrienn before we are actually expected to fight. Hopefully we will be able to get access to the Climb thingy (what was the name of the HM again????) and explore more of the region !

I also think we will meet with Laura (she ran away to speak with Ame about the E4 thing right ?),

Laura was almost undoubtedly captured by Team Meteor. She ran away to Route 3 to cry about being fired, which was the same place Charlotte sent the Meteors to to retrieve the jewlery she never gave them. Also, at the end of your conversation at the Calcenon City Checkpoint, that she wondered out loud where Laura was... only to shrug it off and and assume she must be fine. This is almost certainly foreshadowing of her capture.

Laura was almost undoubtedly captured by Team Meteor. She ran away to Route 3 to cry about being fired, which was the same place Charlotte sent the Meteors to to retrieve the jewlery she never gave them. Also, at the end of your conversation at the Calcenon City Checkpoint, that she wondered out loud where Laura was... only to shrug it off and and assume she must be fine. This is almost certainly foreshadowing of her capture.

Oh, I didn't think about that! Not sure if she really would get captured by Team Meteor (I think she had her pokemons with her) but she would likely make a bad encounter yes. Maybe even Bennett and El ?

Laura already got captured by Sigmund in one variation of the mansion fight, so we know her Lilligant is a worthless prick. ZEL was never seen during one of the confrontations at the Calceon barrier, so it's possible that's who Laura meets.

Yeah but she beats Sirius in another variation, and Sigmund's mons attacked Laura directly so I wouldn't use that incident to gauge her pokemon.

If I were Team Meteor, I'd try to get Laura, Charlotte and Sapphira to turn against each other somehow. Also, I'm curious to know in what context will we fight Laura if she's not an elite, a gym leader or a rival of ours?

Ame said Lilligant was waiting for an order from Laura that never came. Although it is weird that Electivire got the first move, unless it's a gameplay and story separation thing.

Also, I had no idea there was a split where she beats Sirius . o .

Yup, actually there's four possible outcomes for the mansion battle. At the Yureyu HQ you can either fight Sigmund to rescue Heather, or tell him you don't want to fight then go upstairs to fight Sirius in a doubles battle. Whoever you didn't fight at Yureyu ends up being who you do fight at the mansion. Then at the mansion after you beat Sirius or Sigmund, the side of the house you choose to protect decides who gets captured. I know for a fact that Laura, Sapphira, or the twins can be captured. I forget what the fourth alternative is.

• Administrators

Ame said Lilligant was waiting for an order from Laura that never came. Although it is weird that Electivire got the first move, unless it's a gameplay and story separation thing.

That scene was updated for... idk, I guess E15?

Quiver Dance > Thunder Wave, paralyzing it > Attacks Laura directly

Another round of field updates for this episode. Common themes here are just making fields that use EQ/Magnitude/Bulldoze a bit more consistent, and adding some weather interactions.

---- * Rainbow Field
* Now terminated by Sand and Hail
---- * Dark Crystal Cavern
* Now transformed into Cave by Magnitude
---- * Desert Field
* Now boosts Ground Pokemon's Sp.Def by x1.5
---- * Icy Field
* Now terminated by Bulldoze
---- * Rocky Field
* Bulldoze now increases in power x1.5 and deals additional Rock type damage
---- * Factory Field
* Now transformed into Short Circuit Field by Bulldoze
---- * Cave
* Bulldoze can now contribute to collapsing the field
---- * Crystal Cave
* Now transformed into Cave by Magnitude
---- * Mountain
* Fairy Wind, Ominous Wind, Silver Wind, Razor Wind, Twister and Icy Wind
now increase in base power x1.5 (down from x2)
* Fairy Wind, Ominous Wind, Silver Wind, Razor Wind, Twister Icy Wind, Gust
and Special Flying moves now increase an additional x1.5 in Strong
Winds.
* Tailwind now creates Strong Winds for its duration
* Sunny Day and Drought now last 8 turns
---- * Snowy Mountain
* Fairy Wind, Ominous Wind, Silver Wind, Razor Wind, and Twister
now increase in base power x1.5 (down from x2)
* Fairy Wind, Ominous Wind, Silver Wind, Razor Wind, Twister Icy Wind, Gust
and Special Flying moves now increase an additional x1.5 in Strong
Winds.
* Tailwind now creates Strong Winds for its duration
* Sunny Day and Drought now last 8 turns
---- * Mirror Field
* Now terminated by Magnitude

Actually, I would think that we would be seeing ZEL again in Labradorra City, or even the Glass Workshop and Suspicious House. They're usually in charge of PULSE machines, so he would either be controlling the PULSE that's making everyone fall asleep in Agate City, or in charge of the PULSE-Mr. Mimes and PULSE-Clawitzer from Labradorra.

I finished Ep15 about a week ago after the agonizing struggle to beat Ciel. When I finally did so I was met with the end of the episode. This being the first time I have reached the end of an episode before the next one is out I felt empty. All of that struggle for nothing. No fly, no return to Reborn city, nothing but grinding time. I will wait for episode 16 and when it arrives it will be glorious. Until then I might have to grind all of my Pokemon up to 80. Ep16 should be out by then.

On another note, Ame and the rest of the staff, great job so far. I have greatly enjoyed this game despite the hours of rage, maybe because of it, and eagerly await the changes in Ep16.

Actually, I would think that we would be seeing ZEL again in Labradorra City, or even the Glass Workshop and Suspicious House. They're usually in charge of PULSE machines, so he would either be controlling the PULSE that's making everyone fall asleep in Agate City, or in charge of the PULSE-Mr. Mimes and PULSE-Clawitzer from Labradorra.

Don't forget Eclipse deactivated PULSE Clawitzer, so ZEL might have been sent out to reactivate it. During that time, Laura runs away, meaning there could easily have been a confrontation there.

I'm sure we will meet ZEL again soon, now that we had their backstory. Since Taka kinda quit Metor, they might be handling all the PULSE machines by themselves now ?

I guess we could see Taka die aswell since Solaris wants to punish him for betraying Meteor.

He only wanted to punish him for betrayal if you didn't battle Taka in the water treatment plant.

He said Taka would be punished for incompetence the other way which might still be death but is more likely to be something less severe (except this is Solaris so who knows).

He only wanted to punish him for betrayal if you didn't battle Taka in the water treatment plant.

He said Taka would be punished for incompetence the other way which might still be death but is more likely to be something less severe (except this is Solaris so who knows).

I don't think Solaris isn't the problem, tbh. Despite being Meteor's leader (next to Lin, at least) it's becoming clear he's out of touch with what Meteor wants to achieve. I predict other antagonists will be pressuring Team Meteor to off Taka - namely Sirius, Elias and maybe even Lin.

Edited by GenOneRaisedGenY

I guess we could see Taka die aswell since Solaris wants to punish him for betraying Meteor.

I could see more Taka committing suicide from all of this. One side hates him for everything he's done to the city, and refusing to back out earlier when he could've, and the other sees him as weak and a traitor. Nowhere to go but up. Especially since Solaris will without a doubt keep a much tighter leash on Taka, meaning he won't be able to help us anymore regardless.

• Administrators

boop. these are all done. here's a handful.

nwIH7kr.png3Yth37r.pngkM98KND.png

kbx6Nue.png9sdxfPG.pngRdNH2IW.png

But I'm not free of graphic stuff yet. Next up is a small collection of miscellaneous things, and then a lot of very tedious image creation for a previously touched-upon new feature.

boop. these are all done.

dammit, lost my chance to ask for one with this on the back.

Those are some good shit though. NOW I NEED THE REST.

and then a lot of very tedious image creation for a previously touched-upon new feature.

is it contests

i bet it's contests

I'm just bsing, I have no clue what you're talking about :T