Amethyst

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread has basically become

Ame: Here's a new thing x1

Everyone else: omg it's so cool x1000

So was the fate of E15 status thread. Just wait. The x% posts may not be here, but something new has taken it's place lmao

Going back to more leader speculation, I see it's making less and less sense for us to battle Titania in a Desert field. She's already in the desert, but inside her gym. Why would they want more sand in there?

And even moreso from a gameplay perspective. The field does nothing to mitigate any of her type weaknesses. In fact, it might even be a hindrance to her since Ground types are buffed.

We also already faced Florinia on the desert field. I don't think there's been more than one Gym Leader using the same field, other than Samson and Ciel and that's because they both work at the circus (the field was also made to benefit them both).

While Samson and Ciel's field was cool and advantaged them a bit it hindered them a fair bit to. Boosted acrobatics was not nice to Samson and Ciel's team didn't fully benefit from the field either.

I think battling Titania on the desert field is incredibly unlikely as, as it boosts ground type attacks and does nothing for steel types. I feel like we might get a slightly different field that is also related to the desert. Or Ame will do what she is doing for the misty field where she changes it a bit to advantage the gym leader.

• Developers

If we're making so many Mega sprites that differ from their normal line, should we also change the normal lines to match?

ya she said she redoing the megasprites accordingly

Edited by smeargletail

Going back to more leader speculation, I see it's making less and less sense for us to battle Titania in a Desert field. She's already in the desert, but inside her gym. Why would they want more sand in there?

And even moreso from a gameplay perspective. The field does nothing to mitigate any of her type weaknesses. In fact, it might even be a hindrance to her since Ground types are buffed.

I agree there is zero reason for us to be facing Titania on a desert field. Everybody has a gym building that has a field in it, so the fact that we're going to be in the desert doesn't mean that her field is going to be a desert one.

I'm sure there will be a field for her type

As for what this topic has become, well, with no actual progress yet, there isn't much to say and at some point you just comment on whatever new thing gets presented to you

Titania will propably be in the Factory Field. With Gyro Ball available she'll either give out Flash Canon (boosted from the field) or Steel Wing (her ace is Scizor and the field makes Technician boost moves up to 80BP, making SW a 105 BP move without including Stab.

What do you mean? Aren't these sprites recolored from the main mega sprites?

What I meant is that some of the Reborn Mega Shinies are very different from their evolution line's Shinies. We'll just have to go back and redo some of the old Evolution lines.

Example:

Mega Pidgeot:

HEVHg99.png

Current Pidgeot:

LhR7Zh7.png

Edited by Bazaro

you know what the good thing about putting calls out for the animation team is

i get to do stuff besides animations

it's a nice feeling

mega sprites! most of them will be coming from bazaro. some of them are just going to be redone outright. like these

rIspRRF.pngHEVHg99.png

i'm also planning to have these updated shiny colour schemes backwash into the non-mega shinies of these lines to hopefully get a few less dark/grey shinies in the mix

Here you go Baz, last two lines

I agree there is zero reason for us to be facing Titania on a desert field. Everybody has a gym building that has a field in it, so the fact that we're going to be in the desert doesn't mean that her field is going to be a desert one.

I'm sure there will be a field for her type

As for what this topic has become, well, with no actual progress yet, there isn't much to say and at some point you just comment on whatever new thing gets presented to you

Kiki didn't have a building with a field, she just used the beach that surrounded her gym. Also, HYPE!

Time to get to work, I guess...

Bulbasaur line

mCOKJR7.png7u0KyTV.png

bntifhr.pngx1QuBzG.png

Gx9SaWC.pngCxBbpEo.png

XNB4EXj.pngFiQC0X1.png

Pidgey line

8ghPctl.pngDAmqTCJ.png

4mkybgs.pngQ1rEfql.png

Jp80Gsm.pnghAKde07.png

Needs more cowbell.

So was the fate of E15 status thread. Just wait. The x% posts may not be here, but something new has taken it's place lmao

It's still not as bad as the E15 topic. New things are not posted often enough to the point where there are more "this new thing is cool" posts than actual discussion posts.

So yeah, it's not as bad as E15. But I can see it becoming just as bad. We'll see it though.

Was on my way to get Grass Knot and I saw this little thing in the Emerald Cave

5l1jxs.jpg

That looks like an Axew egg to me.

Same! I just sorta forgot about it though since I didn't know how to obtain it... not that I likely would've used Haxorus anyway.