[Spoilers] E16 Status Discussion

Amethyst

I'm going to speculate what kind of pokemon would become availble at E16.

1st of all, if the azurine lake becomes surfable (which I'm not sure it will yet) we can get wild sea pokemon like tentacool, mantine, staryu and shelder. Also a side quest near the coral ward with an oshawott will probably become available!

If we are going underneath the city to find what caused the earthquakes we might get access to wild drilbur again.

Since the city will become more organized, the police might have caught the thief from the 7th street and get our prized pokemon back (or at least the side quest will be continued further).

Also i want to see a bit more patches of grass in the city, where we can get new pokemon like fletching and some only one time event mons like teddiursa, electrike, igglibuff etc.

In additon, some of the 4th gen evolutions like gliscor, electivire etc. will finally become available without older episode manipulation.

I don't think that we will see any changes in jasper, malchous or rhodochrine but in later episodes we need a place where we can get some new forest pokemon like scyther, pinsir/heracross treecko and snivy.

Next mega stone available prediction Flygonite Audinite (or Diancite/Mewtwonite X/Y for troling!)

Just for reference, I forget where, but its possible to fish for mantyke somewhere in the game (I think maybe tanzan cove if I have to guess)

The most speculation I have to offer is that we'll get frillish in this episode from diving into the tanzan lake, and find the corpses of the meteor grunts slain by saphira. Upon getting close enough, they will reanimate as a pack of frillish and a female jellicent (Tara). You will have to fight them all in the underwater field, but at the end of the fight, one or more will join you seeking vengeance. Sort of similar to the nuzleaf event, except with much darker origins.

There's also another cave on the east side of the lake if you surf up that side with a dive spot inside. I'm going to wildly speculate that diving into it will somehow take you into yet another secret part of the wasteland, where you'll encounter some sort of tentacool/tentacruel event, and probably a rare item or two.

I think there's one more dive spot in the secret spring section of tanzan mountain, which might have access to a few rare pokemon/items, but I'm much less sure of what could be shoved into there.

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure if Lin will get Arceus. I can't see El being too happy about that.

Power corrupts.

I can see a lot of backstabs happening because everyone will try to get a hold of Arceus... or w/e power once we see it is.

inb4 Shade grabs the Arceus and it's like: gg suckers

Hmm, it seems we aren't speculating about anything at the moment.

Why don't I see what terrible idea I can come up with.

How do you guys think that the city will have changed after Adrienn's work? I personally think that (other than the obvious giant crack in Obsidia and the forest is Jaspar) the coral gym will be fixed up, the ocean will be clean, the colours will be a bit brighter and there might be more bird and animal life!

Everything will be purple. Apart from the lake, ofc.

Yeah, the bubbles seem to be more gray/silver than blue. It might seem like this cause they are a bit trasparent and the background field behind is black.

Will the Ice Ball animation grow bigger with each turn like the official games, or it's hard to do it?

to me, Ice Beam seems like it'd be more fitting animation for Ice Shard. or, or! ooh, Ice Ball! definitely an Ice Ball.

WOW am i blind or what

I totally misread that smh

in that case then, yep! Ice Ball looks pretty neato!

Edited by star-kin

Agreed about the bubbles, they should probably be less murky

Ice ball is cool

On the topic of the city. I think Ame mentioned that this game has no canonical timeline for these very reasons such as rebuilding a city. With that in mind, we can't assume whether it's only been 5days or less or more. I'll just believe that we've been gone enough time for the city to look possibly greener, cleaner, and brigther. On that note, I'm gonna hope for frillish in the water, since it'd be clean now :x

Let's get this show back on the road.

Stepping down from fancier stuff though.

Bubble Beam

0a9c80f4623407eec499f13e8c058ee7.gif

Ice Ball, courtesy of Jan

084e52cad17095bf3e5da966d5f202a1.gif

Talented puppy, this one.

Well, how about this, just throwing it out there...

Why not be a bit more systematical? Instead of going from A to Z, why not work at a family of moves each time. For example, tell Jan to now work with Ice Ball's father move, Rollout, or some other similar Ice type atttacks. And how about you continuing with the other moves of the Beam family? (Pay, Aurora, Ice, Solar, Hype-r etc)

The only idiot to use Blast Burn is Cal anyway :P

Well, those bubbles are from the actual main series pokemon games. Specifically gen 3.

Good job amethyst

If it's from the actual series, then cant animations just get copied over to reborn's files? Idk how these things work, but I'm asking o.o if theyre already existing, do they really have to be done from scratch?

• Administrators

They are from the main series, but something about the transparency is weird. Originally it was either brighter bubbles or less transparent, so I opted for more transparency.

Looking again, there's this blending option. It might look a little weird against some backgrounds so I've been a bit hesitant to use it, but this is an improvement I think, at least for bubble clarity

ac848b2a7f890a80acf08a7f726a5cab.gif

They are from the main series, but something about the transparency is weird. Originally it was either brighter bubbles or less transparent, so I opted for more transparency.

Looking again, there's this blending option. It might look a little weird against some backgrounds so I've been a bit hesitant to use it, but this is an improvement I think, at least for bubble clarity

ac848b2a7f890a80acf08a7f726a5cab.gif

yeah, this one looks better. gw as always, Ametiss

• Administrators

Well, how about this, just throwing it out there...

why not be a bit more systematical? Instead of going from A to Z, why not work at a family of moves each time. For example, tell Jan to now work with Ice Ball's father move, Rollout, or some other similar Ice type atttacks. And how about you continuing with the other moves of the Beam family? (Pay, Aurora, Ice, Solar, Hype-r etc)

The only idiot to use Blast Burn is Cal anyway :P

As I've mentioned in some other places, we're currently only redoing the animations that already exist, so I'm following the given list. Yeah, no one uses Blast Burn, but it's something that needed to be remade, so I'll do it like any other.

Grouping them together either by type or function doesn't really make a different for production speed tbh. Once the graphics are in place that's that, and I already have put together most of the group-able graphics for general use in their types (all the fire graphics, etc).

That said, I am quickly tiring of how long this is taking, so I probably am going to follow through on the suggestion of collecting a given team for this purpose, just as soon as I feel like Inuki and Jan are settled well enough. I'll still be reviewing and polishing all animations, but spreading the brunt of the work will hopefully let me get to it actual development some time this century. Then it can just be an ongoing process through development rather a strict set-by-set episode goal like it would have to be if I were working on them myself.

That's not to say I don't regret spending the time with it that I have so far, because having done so allows me to more effectively instruct others and provide adequate support and polish. Plus I don't like to ask others to do things that I couldn't or wouldn't myself.

In the mean time, Clear Smog

c694e4641dd56f9eb774454244cd0436.gif

Christ I haven't checked this thread in a while

Yeah, I really think you should get a team for this. Then all you have to do is approve whatever they make, or suggest changes if you dislike them. Great job. Now, on to more immediate topics: how bout spriting that new Zygarde? Sounds like hell. What do you think the ETA is on ep16?