[Spoilers] E16 Status Discussion

Amethyst

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That looks amazing. There is that split second change there but I'm pretty sure that'll be fixed over time.

So...uh... that megahorn is just for show right?

Randomized Reborn confirmed. :Kappa:

Nice work as usual Ame. The new Mega Evolution animation is wonderful!

Edited by Nanami's-Egg

.......look, some weird stuff happens in testing, okay?

Never forget Techie Johnathan and Mega-Rayquaza

Well done on the Mega-Evo animation and improving it so that the transition looks much smoother. Can't wait to try it out myself.

Animations look good

As for the Mega Bracelet i too thought we'll get it very late (maybe past the E4) but from Ame's post here (some pages behind) i got the idea that we'll probably get it sooner (maybe even in e16)

On an unrelated note: i just remembered a key feature in Pokemon games that Reborn is still missing...the option to rummage through trash cans to find items! Why is this (not so) important and (not really) indispensable feature missing? Is it a conspiracy? We'll (probably) never find out.

Also a little late and er different topic, but was that dude in Charlotte's gym's line " See you in the Starlight Divide!" always there? Thought that was pretty neat.

the 3 trainers in her gym are all neat little references to things, like the Uncle Iroh cameo from Avatar. my personal fav.

and holy shit that animation looks waay better than before...how do y'all even do it.

• Administrators

Also a little late and er different topic, but was that dude in Charlotte's gym's line " See you in the Starlight Divide!" always there? Thought that was pretty neat.

He was. I couldn't resist. Of course, only his name is really notable in that point.

I've been wondering what the Starlight Divide was. Is that the nightclub in Obsidia? Or is that something near Calcenon City?

Run-down here.

(And let me tell you, I can't wait. Some of the aces are already seeing preliminary character designs from it and I'm really so excitedddd)

That Mega Evolution/PULSE Deformation(I like calling it that since it's less of an evolution and more of a corruption)animation looks amazing! Can't really spot much wrong other than the typical bugs that come with testing(See: ohai Megahorn Gardevoir). Nice workaround too, with the little flash to kind of hide the invisibility. As for the nightclub, I'd assume that yes, that's probably where we'll refight Gym Leaders if nothing else, as well as random hilarious side content. I kind of want to see someone like Sirius just standing there in the corner being really, really...well....serious. I dunno if he'll be ALIVE for that but you know, a guy can dream, can't he?

• Administrators

Weathers today.

Did you know that we've actually had a rain animation the entire time? A lot of people don't, because the animation frame on the old one was literally one pixel wide. It was nearly invisible even when you were looking for it. :I

Anyway, these should all be fairly clear.

282d26775bf03587c2f1df79de7e8529.gif

5db088efdcc4a72f274c6a27d309d658.gif

5eaa700a79d58317ed59ac32f9f6fd7b.gif

4f6585a71e1208257990694053c79d40.gif

a0353c136946b1acb2cc25284300bfa2.gif

Eeeeee, these all look so cool!
Is the Mega Evolution animation going to have the little Mega Evolution symbol in the middle of the swirling energy ball thingy?

And if so, will the PULSE variant have a yet-to-be-designed PULSE symbol? I think it'd be pretty sweet for the PULSE machines to have their own logo.

Did you know that we've actually had a rain animation the entire time? A lot of people don't, because the animation frame on the old one was literally one pixel wide. It was nearly invisible even when you were looking for it. :I

oh? i noticed that. i thought it was a tile error or something at first lmao

and wow, the weather animations look great! wonder if they'll get any sound effects maybe? most likely not though.

Is the last one strong winds?

They look cool

I don't think so? It could maybe be the fog weather condition which hasn't been seen since DPPT, so I doubt it's that. But doesn't strong winds only activate when Mega Ray is on the field? To me it looks the same as Sandstorm.

I don't think so? It could maybe be the fog weather condition which hasn't been seen since DPPT, so I doubt it's that. But doesn't strong winds only activate when Mega Ray is on the field? To me it looks the same as Sandstorm.

It's windy imo, the 2nd one is for sandstorm.

• Administrators

Is the Mega Evolution animation going to have the little Mega Evolution symbol in the middle of the swirling energy ball thingy?

And if so, will the PULSE variant have a yet-to-be-designed PULSE symbol? I think it'd be pretty sweet for the PULSE machines to have their own logo.

Probably not in the animation itself, but now that I think about it should be easy to replace the symbol that appear on the battle HUD for Pulses...

Mm, maybe. Might cause issues if a player Mega-Evolved during a battle with a PULSE. I'll look into it.

Is the last one strong winds?

Yep.

Remember, Strong Winds applies to battles on windy days in Reborn; not just from Rayquaza

and wow, the weather animations look great! wonder if they'll get any sound effects maybe? most likely not though.

They all have sounds. I don't think there will be any animations that don't.

So, with this all of the "common" (read: not directly related to moves) animations are done, and I can start on the moves themselves.

214 to go for E16..... :s

Oh, right. That's a thing now. Flying type master race. Seriously though, everyone start catching and training pidoves. You know what comes next. And also, have you ever noticed Hail is relatively useless? I kinda hope it gets a buff someday. Since Rain and sun boost/decrease move power, and sandstorm has the SpeDef boost for rock types... Hail has, what? 100% blizzard accuracy?

So, with this all of the "common" (read: not directly related to moves) animations are done, and I can start on the moves themselves.

214 to go for E16..... :s

gdi Aim, you're gonna kill yourself making episode 16.

Considering the animations, would you say everything is going "according to schedule"?

Fog is far from useless, if anything it's too broken to be an actual weather effect. Enjoy missing like 65% of the time.

I like most of the new weather animations except rain. The rain drops look more like tear drops and it's a bit silly looking.

Oh one improvement, which Idk if you guys can do, is when "the ____ is buffeted by hail/sandstorm" message comes in doubles it gets very annoying to have to sit through that message for every mon on the field.Anyway to have it so that it has them all getting hurt at once and if ice body or whatever occurs have that on the following phase of the turn?

I feel similarly about hail needing a buff but at the same time 100% accuracy blizzard really really hurts especially if you end up frozen. Blake was difficult mostly due to that + his field bonus.

Fog is far from useless, if anything it's too broken to be an actual weather effect. Enjoy missing like 65% of the time.

I like most of the new weather animations except rain. The rain drops look more like tear drops and it's a bit silly looking.

Oh one improvement, which Idk if you guys can do, is when "the ____ is buffeted by hail/sandstorm" message comes in doubles it gets very annoying to have to sit through that message for every mon on the field.Anyway to have it so that it has them all getting hurt at once and if ice body or whatever occurs have that on the following phase of the turn?

I feel similarly about hail needing a buff but at the same time 100% accuracy blizzard really really hurts especially if you end up frozen. Blake was difficult mostly due to that + his field bonus.

Fog is just really annoying.

I don't think the rain animation is bad but I do agree the others all look a little better.

Edited by mde2001

But that logic also applies to rain and the move Thunder. Meanwhile rain also boosts water moves. Combine that with a water field and you have the same issue as Blake+Ice field. Blizzard only has an 10% freezing chance, 20 on Ice fields iirc. A hail buff is most definitely needed.

That aside... Geez Ame you're working hard on this! And you're doing one hell of a job too. The animations look great, it's just th Strong winds one confused me. I can see why it would resemble Sandstorm though, considering the fact that they're both wind based I guess.

BRING BACK FOG! for the lols

I think the "issue" with the rain one is that it looks ...well, slow and underwhelming for a rainy weather. Maybe some people wish to see more intense raining, but wellp, to me it doesn't really matter, still looks cool

And fog is uhhh, yeah annoying, really annoying when everything misses.

Edited by Masquerain

• Administrators

Considering the animations, would you say everything is going "according to schedule"?

lol.

I sort of had the same thought. I'll probably thin out the drops just a little bit.

And for the second part, that's already a planned change actually, affecting all end-of-turn effects. Believe me, I'm as annoyed by those tedious messages as y'all.

Since I'm going to be doing these for a while (at least a month), and the difference in percentage is rather miniscule, I added a count to the status thread topic title to make progress more apparent. The number listed is how many animations are yet to be done, so when it reaches 0 I can move on.