Please note that this is NOT the place to ask for online trades. For that, please use the Online Play forum.

E15 New Availability List

friebz

Question

So I thought I'd start up something that could help us all out and help us figure out which new Pokemon are available and through which methods (exactly how to get them will not fully be explained unless requested) these new Pokemon can be found such an In-Game Events, Limited Events, etc. If I'm missing anything (and I will probably miss a few things more or less) just let me know in the replies. Some of these additions are courtesy of Lostelle.

In-Game Event:

Turtwig (Agate Circus puzzle; where Dive was)

Totodile (Ametrine mountain, left side of split path in B2, hopping around a small area, talk to it before it goes under, need Pokesnax and during the morning)

Lapras (Dive spot in Ametrine Mountain B2 floor on Saturday, roaming around very large dive spot on right side of split path in B2)

Sneasel (Ametrine Mountain 1F on the right side; Rock Smash required. Can also be found in the Mystery Egg)

Squirtle (Mudkip replacement in Wasteland, needs to be a clear day)

Hippopotas (Deep Tanzan Mtn; Giant Steelix location, found in the wild)

Feebas (fish where Retaliate TM is found, very rare and tedious to find because fishing but worth it)

Fennekin (Generator room in Water Treatment Center, need to light up the field in battle w/ Electrode)

Corey's Skuntank (Ametrine Mtn, Sliver Card included)

Limited Event (all found in Police Quest Mystery Egg. A Growlithe egg must be traded for the Mystery Egg. Also includes Pokemon obtained in the wild found in the egg):

Axew

Larvesta

Frillish

Tentacool

Togepi (can be received in Coral Ward during E9)

Vullaby

Shroomish

Drilbur (can be found in the wild in Deep Tanzan in E14)

Staryu

Azurill (If save file is started before E15, Azurill will always be hatched)

Pawniard (found on Route 4)

Rhyhorn (found on Route 2)

Elekid (found in Calcenon City, need Electivizer)

Phantump (found on Route 4 at night I believe)

Starly (found on Route 3)

Cottonee (not sure where it is found in the wild)

Vulpix (available at Obsidian Salon in E14, available somewhere at Agate Circus in E15)

Sneasel (scroll up)

I'm pretty sure the limited event Pokemon are all found in the egg given at the Beryl Police Station, so if anyone wants to help me add to that list I'd be more than happy to make the appropriate additions. One hypothesis to include for the mystery egg is that for anyone who started their save file at E15, the Pokemon you receive from the egg depends on the starter Pokemon you choose at the beginning of the game (18 possible variables for the egg, 18 possible starters to choose from). However, this is merely a theory (a GAME THEORY) and has not been confirmed by Ame or anyone with a higher knowledge of the game's inner workings. This theory is most likely false.

Edited by friebz

• Answers 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Just to let you guys know, all of the Pokemon you receive as an egg are really good either at that point in the game or are fantastic later in the game. I mean the worst one probably is Sneasel due to Weavile not being available until after the Sneasel Event, but it's honestly not that bad.

And if you did actually do the Azurill event, it's a little more complicated, but I can still do something about it. However, I will DELETE Azurill from your game if you wish for something else and you started a new game before 15. (Trust me, I'll know whether or not you're lying to me if you started before Ep 15).

Currently no one in the world started the game from ep 15....

see the thing is, if this event had been existant when I'd started my run: I am petty enough to constantly restart until the data indicates I'd get that particular pokemon.

And if I can't read the data: I'm petty enough to speed run the beginning of content over and over again until I get the result I want.I'd done it before on many other games. The only thing stopping me now is this occured after I've already spent like, 30 hours getting the IV's of my other pokemon to all be 20-25 or up. I've spent a lot of energy on doing that, only to have something I -would have- wasted to time to random out be thrust entirely out of my control.

This game has a rather high skill cap, especially in a monotyped run, so I'm not really feeling like dealing with random too. I'd just like to avoid having to learn how to use the hex editor myself; it has nothing to do with respect for the mechanics in place: as randomness is something I have little to no respect for in the first place.

I see what you mean Courtesy. I mean if I could just constantly reset and the game until I got something like Axew, Togepi, Larvesta, etc. with decent IVs then I would, but I'd have to worry about all the extra effort I'd have to put in. While I am thankful for the event, I must admit the process for obtaining the Mystery 'Mon leaves a bit to be desired

Actually, a lot of Ace Members did during the beta. Like me.

Count me in too.

And I agree with Commander - basically any of the 18 Pokemon you get are extremely useful in that point in the game. I'll be honest - I was disappointed with Tentacool when I hatched it - but it was a huge asset for Corey and Shelly.

That's a good attitude to have. And it's important to note that all of these Pokemon will be easily available in future updates of the game (E16 hopefully includes some of them) and that we already have access to a massive bunch of kickass Pokemon

Mind you for those that makes a new save at Ep15, the eggs will be obtainable at a very early point in game. Many of the mystery eggs give fairly powerful pokemon and havent the encouragement to use the less used pokemon been a Reborn tradition? They'll all be obtainable some point later in time as well, not to mention that Axew egg in route 3 is still there taunting us.

To be honest I wouldn't want a Larvesta that early because I'd have a hard time babysitting it till lv59, I already went through the agony of Noibat :D

Oh yeah btw where exactly is that Axew egg in Route 3? I've always heard of it being somewhere but I've never actually seen anything that could relate to the rumor

Yup Yup. Outside of a monotype run, this is pretty "cool" I feel because all of the pokemon are super strong and useful, especially at that point. However in a monotype run, I can and would simply re-rush that bit of content over and over until I get the result I want: I can solo all that content with just Kricketot, and if I could get into the data, I'd also just re-load constantly until I saw the data had the egg I wanted. Those not willing to go through the effort, and those not on a monotype run, will of course still get a great pokemon.

But that being said, if anyone is willing to fish through the data of my save and change the egg to give me a larvesta... I'd probably end up with one more "in the spirit of the game" than if I had to do it myself. 'cause if I have to go through the effort to learn how to hex edit, I'll probably give it better IV's if it has poor ones, wheras I'd just settle with what RNG gave me if someone else did it for me. Larvesta isn't even that good until it hits level 59, so I'm not getting a huge leg-up from it. All you'll be saving me is half a year waiting for someone to be up for trading me one, or some time learning the hex editor. Both feel unpleasant, and personally, more against the spirit of the game for me.

I totally agree with you Courtesy. I'd rather not put in all that effort for something so unnecessary anyways. Patience is key here, and I can always wait for the other Egg options in future episodes.

As for that Axew egg, I'll have to look around for it. Finding out new things about the game really piques my interest

Updated the list again. If anyone has any more info regarding the specific locations and prerequisites of Lapras and Totodile, along with any other necessary info, just lmk in a reply or a PM.

I suppose I'll let you in on another secret. A certain Pokemon that was formerly available in the Obsidia Ward has made itself into the Mystery Egg. However, there's another way to get one, like some of the others.

Yep just updated the front page with specific locations for Lapras and Totodile (although Totodile won't show up for me in the morning and I don't know why).

Also Chubb, thanks for the hint but I haven't really been playing the game long enough to know about any axed 'Mons since I started when E14 just released. I suppose I could do some detective work though haha

Edited by friebz

Just to add to the list of pokemon from the mysterious egg, I got a Rhyhorn. Was pretty disappointed. But I guess its available earlier than Route 2 now.

On a side note..maybe we can try to gather information from everyone that hatches this egg as to what may possibly cause each pokemon to hatch from the egg. What starter they chose..their name..their trainer ID no...or maybe its just truely randomized. I know I'd like to do a playthrough getting a specific pokemon, but if its truely up to RNG, rest in pieces.

Edited by Xiayuna

I'd like to run that kind of experiment as well. That's partially the reason why I set up this topic; to help people understand the mystery egg and how to get a specific Pokemon from the egg. For now though we should focus on finding out all 18 Pokemon that can be hatched from the egg.

The Coral Ward Togepi event you're talking about was Episode 9, by the way.

Updated the list again. If anyone has any more info regarding the specific locations and prerequisites of Lapras and Totodile, along with any other necessary info, just lmk in a reply or a PM.

Elekid, Starly, Phantump and Cottonee can also be hatched, there's probably like 15 we don't know about yet either.

So, I saw that Larvesta is available in that egg at the police station... but I started my save before E15 so I'll always get the Azurill. With that being said, Is there ANY way I can get my hands on a Larvesta? It would really help my team out since I need help dealing with psychic types.