Version 6 Status Thread

Jan

• Replies 708
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I beat keta on my other game file with rotom and the other axed pokemans. Should I redo that one as well or will I be alright to just continue from keta?

Hm. Well, I will tell you that the S.S. Oceana has been redone, along with everything Gearen. It's really good so although they're just a couple areas, I would start from the beginning.

I beat keta on my other game file with rotom and the other axed pokemans. Should I redo that one as well or will I be alright to just continue from keta?

Personally, using axed mons is less enjoyable to me. Too easy. Of course, that's just me.

The changes in the game are huge, so it might be a little overwhelming. Starting over is a good idea, since some stuff was changed. You can keep your current save file and start a new one if you want to also. If you want to keep going with your current save file then there's no issue whatsoever. You can always backtrack and explore the new things added.

Personally, using axed mons is less enjoyable to me. Too easy. Of course, that's just me.

The changes in the game are huge, so it might be a little overwhelming. Starting over is a good idea, since some stuff was changed. You can keep your current save file and start a new one if you want to also. If you want to keep going with your current save file then there's no issue whatsoever. You can always backtrack and explore the new things added.

Some story elements were changed as well. It wasn't just map designs that were redone. I say it's definitely worth it to restart. I mean, you could always keep your old file. Maybe try aiming for the different game endings with your files? :)

Some story elements were changed as well. It wasn't just map designs that were redone. I say it's definitely worth it to restart. I mean, you could always keep your old file. Maybe try aiming for the different game endings with your files? :)

I'm still a bit foggy on those. I'd like to know what the choices are that affect your ending. Also how good/bad the ending will be. I got a glimpse of the story changes during testing, when an event repeated and broke my save, so I can definitely tell you that it's worth it.

• Veterans

I'm probably starting a new run tonight too. What i did first was play through the update, but not the whole game since i had to find the major bugs first. But yes, like everyone else is saying, you should definitely start a new run. So many things have changed and it's totally worth it to see it all from the very beginning again.

i'll miss my precious ampharos and crobat tho... cries for 5 years

I'm probably starting a new run tonight too. What i did first was play through the update, but not the whole game since i had to find the major bugs first. But yes, like everyone else is saying, you should definitely start a new run. So many things have changed and it's totally worth it to see it all from the very beginning again.

O God Zumi plz tell me that Zubat isn't getting axed or moved.... Crobat has been my saving grace so many times. Especially against the.... *Static*

All of this talk about V6 and I have no clue what's going ;-;

Now I may start a new run as well Zumi cuz of what you said xD

Eeep! Sorry, might have said too much. My first time testing so I'm a bit overexcited. That being said, start a new save. Just... DOOOO IIIIIIT! sry, I had to say that at least once in my lifetime.

To get Zubat? Go to Caratos cove. Solve the Kindgra puzzle in Corta forest. To get Crobat? Use a luxury/friend ball, attach a shell bell, run a few laps around the region and beat the ever lasting crap out of wild pokes.

To get Zubat? Go to Caratos cove. Solve the Kindgra puzzle in Corta forest. To get Crobat? Use a luxury/friend ball, attach a shell bell, run a few laps around the region and beat the ever lasting crap out of wild pokes.

But the Zubats there are sleeping. How to wake them up? Headbutt?

But the Zubats there are sleeping. How to wake them up? Headbutt?

Flash bruh.

Anyway, i may think that you guys will enjoy version 6, and still reccommend to have another new playthrough.

Because the fucking game is polished as golden.

The answer to that is a few pages back. I'll give you a hint. Zubat is, well, a bat, right? Well what makes bats uncomfortable? What do they dislike, to the point of going out only at night? Light up that cave bruh!

And save before, for soft resetting purposes

Edited by SnowGlaceon

• Veterans

If Zubat is moved....ama shank a bitch :[

I personally dont have the patience to start over, i dont think changing past story elements is a good idea tbh, i dont want to be missing out on some important choice or information.

It might not sound like a good idea on paper, but trust me, it makes the game so much better. I feel like in past versions, there were a few plot holes and certain things just didn't fit well. Shing is right, the game is practically golden now. :]

I don't like how the story elements have changed. I probably forgot most of the characters so I doubt I care that much. If there were too many axed pokemon I wouldn't go back to use the same thing again less the ones I have in my team atm. It's about 20 hours I could save and unless someone tells me which good pokemon I can get before Angie, I won't start.

If there are new features I probably could go back and use them, right?

Do I get a gastly, togepi, scyther, aron, ralts, gligar etc. to make me go back?

• Veterans

I don't like how the story elements have changed. I probably forgot most of the characters so I doubt I care that much. If there were too many axed pokemon I wouldn't go back to use the same thing again less the ones I have in my team atm. It's about 20 hours I could save and unless someone tells me which good pokemon I can get before Angie, I won't start.

If there are new features I probably could go back and use them, right?

Do I get a gastly, togepi, scyther, aron, ralts, gligar etc. to make me go back?

1) they changed in a very good way. the story makes a ton more sense now that it's been revisited, so please just give it a shot. not to mention that the maps all look a lot better and makes the overall story experience a lot more fun. Sure, it's 20 hours, but they're 20 hours well spent and you won't regret it a single bit. Plus, I don't even think that many pokemon were axed, just moved to a later point in the game.

2) A lot of new features are used during the story, so if you're past it you might miss out on some new stuff.

3) you won't know until you play for yourself :>

Edited by Zumi

Ill pass up on restarting completely, im not the kind of person who wants to go through a story twice with the same areas and stuff, even though people say it would be good its not my sort of thing and i have an Axed Vivillon on my team so i wouldnt be able to obtain it anymore, im too far into it to restart, i hope somebody will make a thread explaining what changed and such for the story so that i dont feel left out, anyway, im glad to see the game change for the better.

Prior updates (100%)

#################### | Field Updates (100%)

#################### | Event Updates (100%)

#################### | Graphic Updates (100%)

#################### | Map Remodeling (100%)

#################### | Misc Updates (100%)

#################### | Scripting Updates (100%)

New content (100%)

#################### | Mapping (100%)

#################### | New Field Effects (100%)

#################### | Eventing (100%)

#################### | Sidequests (100%)

#################### | Story (100%)

#################### | Essentials Update (100%)

Total Completion:

#################### | (100%)

[Version 6 completed]

Alpha Test

#################### | (95%)

Beta Test

#################### |(0%)

its been 2 weeks sence i last checked the progress

HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE

i dont think im gunna have internet when this gos out of beta

because im leaving for my granparents :P

1) they changed in a very good way. the story makes a ton more sense now that it's been revisited, so please just give it a shot. not to mention that the maps all look a lot better and makes the overall story experience a lot more fun. Sure, it's 20 hours, but they're 20 hours well spent and you won't regret it a single bit. Plus, I don't even think that many pokemon were axed, just moved to a later point in the game.

2) A lot of new features are used during the story, so if you're past it you might miss out on some new stuff.

WOAH WOAH WOAH WOAH WOAH WOAH

WHAT

WHY

the story changed

GOD DAMNIT

i want to replay because of the story but IM NOT RETRAINING MY MONS

WHY Jan WHY

Edited by The Anti-Fern

While multiple Pokemon have been axed, Jan was still pretty generous with the new ones. He's especially generous with Monotype users early game, for example, I have myself an amazing Normal type for my Monotype that wasn't previously there~

Ill pass up on restarting completely, im not the kind of person who wants to go through a story twice with the same areas and stuff, even though people say it would be good its not my sort of thing and i have an Axed Vivillon on my team so i wouldnt be able to obtain it anymore, im too far into it to restart, i hope somebody will make a thread explaining what changed and such for the story so that i dont feel left out, anyway, im glad to see the game change for the better.

I'm fairly certain vivilon isn't axed. Actually I'm almost a 100% sure. Maybe moved.

Meh. I only care having good pokemon so I won't restart. Someone will have to convince me telling me everything that is different. I didn't have a bad experience with story. I already got to Narcissa twice.

Not too different. As far as story goes, it's smoother and clearer. As far as Pokemon go, they may or may not be the selected few you listed, but there's a lot more options. IMO Those are too good for this part of the game. Having Pokemon that are too good makes it less of a challenge and experience. But hey, your loss decision.

Edited by SnowGlaceon