• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Developers

Maybe its ability is Fur Coat . o .

Makes sense especially considering it's literally wearing a fur coat. Also it prevents fighting from being such a weakness considering most fighting types are physical attackers. This would go with what Tom said about making the ice type suck a little less.

I was thinking: remember when I revamped the OP? Well, in that occasion I added, to the list of features, something we hadn't announced before, as a little extra. However, nobody seems to have noticed it ;-;

• Global Mods

Sorry, I don't really go back and read posts I've already read D: Is it this?

"6) Multiple endings! More precisely, there are 3 possible extra scenes that can take place right after the credit roll, at the end of the main plot: you can get the first one, the second one, the third one, or none at all depending on your choices throughout the game. Each scene is capped off with a beautiful artwork by Zim, as a reward for unlocking it!"

• Veterans

Sorry, I don't really go back and read posts I've already read D: Is it this?

"6) Multiple endings! More precisely, there are 4 possible extra scenes that can take place right after the credit roll, at the end of the main plot: you can get the first one, the second one, the third one, or none at all depending on your choices throughout the game. Each scene is capped off with a beautiful artwork by Zim, as a reward for unlocking it!"

Ending no.4 is the 'bad' ending. Y'know the one where the villains win? Yeah that one...

All jokes aside, multiple endings are in there. There's actually one or two events in E2 that work towards determining what ending you get, so look out for that stuff.

Most decisions will not be big dilemmas like the diary situation in Reborn. However, the hard part will come to figuring out what ending each decision works towards: there are not "good" or "bad" endings, there are simply different endings for different people. Which decision gets you hooked up with whom? That will be very tricky to guess at times, although there WILL be a check (I.E., a particular speech in a particular scene that changes depending on the "path" you ended on) at some point. But outside of that check, there will be no way of telling what are the "good" and what are the "bad" answers to get this or that ending, trial and error is the sole option. And considering that the big payoff will come after becoming champion and rolling the credits, this will encourage you to play the whole game multiple times, even after the final episode is out and the project is officially wrapped up.

I have always disliked how most Pokemon games have very little replay value, so yeah, think of this as a possible solution for that issue ;)

Which decision gets you hooked up with whom?

Ending 1: Hook up with Tim

Ending 2: Hook up with Catherine

Ending 3: Hook up with Looker

In all seriousness, I guess this is the advantage of playing through the game with all the starters, as I am. I have to ask, although I don't expect and answer, is there a fight that earns you a different ending if you lose ?

ending 3 all the way

That was the exact answer I expected, but I figured I might as well ask. Looks like my Roober run will be purposefully losing every major fight just to make sure I'm not missing anything... I'll also post my analysis of my Eufer run sometime tonight.

Keep in mind, you will see the results of our efforts in the optional scene that follows the final credit roll, after beating the champion and being inducted in the Hall of Fame. And it is a LONG way until then. So yeah, I highly doubt that your findings/impressions from Ep 1 and 2 will let you draw any relevant conclusion for the time being :P

• Veterans

What if there is no episode 2 ;o

Episode 2 is coming soontm. We've been working hard the last 2-3 weeks to get past the major delays we've experienced.

Okay so then here's a short summary of my Eufur run:

I tried to take my time and obtain some more evolutions this run. I caught a Goshee and trained that, as well as finally worked up my Elftik to a certain point somewhere for a certain thing to happen. I think that it will be very useful later on, given that ability. I even found what I'll call a "diamond in the rough," hidden in a certain city/town. I won't say what it is, but it is pretty cool.

My main problem this run through, was, well, Eutur. The only thing it has going for it is that it is bulky.

and the only STAB move it has until XX level is Absorb, which is base 20 power!

Eutur just wasn't very good in Chapter 1 at all. Grass is a very weak type when most of the mons you face are Bugs or Poison. I expect it to get better as time goes on, but the hardest hitting move it had for a while was the fortune HP Rock, which was a godsend, although it still took several turns to take down mons on the same or lower level with SE damage. I can tell at it will be more of a support oriented mon, but for now, Eutur falls flat due to the lack of support oriented moves. BDE is nice for taking threats down a peg, but Eutur still can't do much in the way of retaliation.

Okay so then here's a short summary of my Eufur run:

Thanks for your feedback :)

We've already made a few changes to the line planned for chapter 2, such as giving the line Rollout at a very early level to use against bugs and Magpy, and we're also moving the next tier of offensive moves (Mega Drain and the like) a few levels down so they're easier to obtain.

Eufur will still be weak offensively, but that's intentional: Eufur is meant to be much better in the long run. But hey, Grass types have never had it easy.

• Veterans

We've already made a few changes to the line planned for chapter 2, such as giving the line Rollout at a very early level to use against bugs and Magpy, and we're also moving the next tier of offensive moves (Mega Drain and the like) a few levels down so they're easier to obtain.

Eufur will still be weak offensively, but that's intentional: Eufur is meant to be much better in the long run. But hey, Grass types have never had it easy.

The starters follow 3 'routes' in their uses. Eufur is the Tanky one. Roobber is the Offensive One and Lifoam is the jack of all trades. Eufur will slowly start surprising you as the game goes on.

But yeah, balancing changes are being made for E2 for the sake of making some Pokemon easier to use and others less overpowered.

YAY some Koala love!

also Grass Types had it easy! in Gen.1 - even though it had a terrible Movepool it was still easy-mode with Bulbasaur in the beginning!

(and all the other Gens that had Rock as the first Gym...)