Pokemon Se7en - Currently on hiatus

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Has it occurred to you guys that "making" a Pokemon useful for a specific activity might not involve altering its typing, but rather something else?

did you make a form chaning mon that turns into a combine? o_O

or do you mean ability like making it have Chlorophyll?

I'd just like to take a moment to note that there was no previous mention of scythes anywhere. Hexatis resembles a cricket or grasshopper, but this statement basically confirms it becomes a scythe-armed mantis. K.

Still gonna stick with Bug/Ground, or maybe a Bug/Psychic.

sadly, scyther already has the market cornered on "scythe-wielding praying mantis"

I'm still open to a new interpretation of such, and that may not be the truth anyhow.

as for Thomas's latest comment...

....scythes? useful for humies?

maybe....harvest, and some way to enable one of those boost-while-low-berries? getting consistent boosts at the end of every turn could be p strong.

@ Red neato! I like that idea! a insectoid combine would be both new and commonplace in Graterras's irl counterpart!

Edited by doombotmecha

Has it occurred to you guys that "making" a Pokemon useful for a specific activity might not involve altering its typing, but rather something else?

I thought we all had clear thoughts of the ability and just had to finish the typing debate, as this was the centerpiece of this pokemon. Remember that every new type combination is exciting news for pokefans.

As Bazaro already said, we do not need any more Normal pokemon. Ep.1 was already packed with them.

If possible, I'd like to see the sprites for the last announcements.

• Veterans

I thought we all had clear thoughts of the ability and just had to finish the typing debate, as this was the centerpiece of this pokemon. Remember that every new type combination is exciting news for pokefans.

As Bazaro already said, we do not need any more Normal pokemon. Ep.1 was already packed with them.

If possible, I'd like to see the sprites for the last announcements.

eGKKgHS.png?1mRZrLZs.png?1

Hexatis and Ceramor.

welp...

I totally lost out on that one because of my vacation... and I'm not going into it right now, and a new week is already dawning which means a new announcement is coming 'soon'TM

maybe a bit later, when I checked up on all the things that have been going on last week :P

welp...

I totally lost out on that one because of my vacation... and I'm not going into it right now, and a new week is already dawning which means a new announcement is coming 'soon'TM

maybe a bit later, when I checked up on all the things that have been going on last week :P

I have the next announcement already planned but, since I am currently still in my hometown, I won't be able to post it until tomorrow night. So yeah, you have all the time you want to catch up on Hexatis...

I have the next announcement already planned but, since I am currently still in my hometown, I won't be able to post it until tomorrow night. So yeah, you have all the time you want to catch up on Hexatis...

*prays for game footage or a set day of episode 2 release*

*prays for game footage or a set day of episode 2 release*

I distinctly remember asking you to cut this kind of posts. March has been the single worst month in the history of this project, and for reasons out of our control (Essentials having a nasty bug, Zim and then Az getting ill, Huk having technical difficulties as well as IRL issues, my grandpa being alive only nominally). We have been trying our hardest, throughout april, to make up for that, but the loss of a month is still a HUGE blow for a project like this.

I had already explained all these things, and I am not happy about having to explain them again. I hope you won't force me to explain them a third time.

I wouldn't worry about it too much, Tomas. Just take it as a compliment that you have essentially made an addict out of Red (among others).

Regardless, I heartily look forward to having a nice discussion and blowing every little hint out of proportion once you post. I can't wait to see what devious little concoction you guys have cooked up this time around!

nfYvqBg.png

Good day, loyal followers of Pokemon Se7en. My name is Catherine Cook and today, as per Father's request, I will grace you all with my company: as it happens, he and myself don't share only a surname, a knack for business, and a degree of proficiency when it comes to Pokemon battles (well, more than just "a degree" in Father's case, he IS the champion of Graterras, honorary as the title may be). We are also united by a common love for a specific Pokemon species that resides in our beloved region, which is why Father, in his infinite generosity, saw it fit to allow all of you, our loyal peons, to feast your eyes on an announcement written by no other than me, his flesh and blood.

Now, unless your attention span is inferior to that of Azery-kun, you should remember how I, when you first set foot on Route 1, gave you all of my Pokeballs, as a gift to help get your adventure started. If I were to state that I didn't do it because I like you or anything, there are some individuals who would probably turn such words against me, interpreting them as further proof that my personality falls into the character archetype they call "tsundere": such ignoramuses however fail to understand that I really didn't offer you my Pokeballs out of generosity. The real reason is that I didn't need them, because Father, by that point, had already given me the offspring of one of his prized Pokemon, belonging to the species I am here to announce today, and it just so happens that said specimen has a ridiculous advantage over Mary-san's team in general and Nauphrantom in particular, which made my showdown against her a breeze.

By this point, you are probably wondering what Pokemon could possibly be capable of such a feat, so without further ado, allow me to introduce to you my beloved Mapaca!

F6JLY1j.png

I shall assume you are all familiar with the popular saying, "a wolf in Pslamb's clothes". This clever predator has learned how to disguise itself in order to infiltrate the flock and capture its preys. Some speculate that this species might actually have originated outside of Graterras, and specifically in the Jotho region, because of the similarities with another sheep-like Pokemon that inhabits that distant land. Thick like a top-quality coat, Mapaca's fluffy wool mainly comes in handy for the aforementioned disguise tactics, but it also has other uses. It also makes Mapaca cute and cuddly, which is certainly a nice bonus: even a proper lady like me is not immune to the charm of such an adorable creature.

Unless your eyesight is worse than Zim-kun's, you should be able to spot Mapaca's evolution in my signature... Although such a knowledge will hardly do you any good: I myself haven't figured out how to get it to evolve yet. Father says that unveiling the secret of Mapaca's evolution is but another challenge in my journey to become a trainer worthy of his name and role, so I shall not give up: I wonder if you, my loyal peons, will be able to crack it before me?

Well, I am late for a tea party with some of our company's major stakeholders. If you will excuse me...

TOMAS' POST-SCRIPTUM: yes, my original idea for Cat had her speech pattern include japanese honorifics. Sadly, this idea was ultimately scrapped.

Well:

effective against Mary's team and Nauphrantom especially - just gives away what we all already figured out:

Electric/Dark Type (or Dark/Electric - whatever)

Soooo... Evolution... it could mean anything...

"I haven't figured out how to evolve it yet" - since we ar only on the way to the second gym it still could mean that it evolves just by level up, and it's not high enough level as of yet

... but because of the phrasing I think it discourages the normal leveling method:

-> evolve by just leveling up = highly unlikely

"Father says that unveiling the secret of Mapaca's evolution is but another challenge in my journey to become a trainer worthy of his name and role" could imply that hard work is to be done, which could mean that a maximum friendship and a certain level is required... maybe even night, because of its Dark-typing

-> slightly possible

Stone Evolutions - Thunder or Dusk Stones

it could be possible, but I think that would be to easy and negates the statement of "challange [...] worthy of his name and role"

-> I don't think so

My guess would be... attention it gets a bit out of hand:

1. a certain Level requirement (lets just say level 30 for now)

2. having PSLAMB in the team ("Wolf in Pslamb's clothes") - like Remoraid is required for Mantyke to evolve into Mantine (or a Dark Pokemon in the Team for Pangoro)

3. it has to be Night, or a dark place like a cave (for it to come out of hiding under its 'Pslambs clothes' and goes in to attack it under the guise of the Darkness)

(or maybe a certain place... maybe there is a Pslamb farm in the game?)

Edited by Cepheus

I guess these fumbling fools couldn't stand the grace of your Sassiness calling them in honorifics. It was Huk-kun, wasn't it?

Actually, the first to voice his dislike of japanese honorifics was Zim, although virtually everyone was against the idea.

Obligatory like to Ceph's post, his speculations are always so fun to read (although of course I cannot deny nor confirm anything). No guesses on the abilities? I dropped hints for all 3 of them, if you know where to look ;)

No guesses on the abilities? I dropped hints for all 3 of them, if you know where to look ;)

huh I didn't even realized that there was no mention of the ability... hmmm...

anyways:

1. Static - connection to Mareep confusion, which got Static because of it's fluffy wool - also mention of "used for disguise but has also other uses" (also Cotton guard move)

2. Fur Coat - "Thick like a top-quality coat"

The third one is tricky...

either:

3. Strong Jaw - for capturing/attacking its prey with empowered STAB Bite/Crunch/Thunder Fang

or:

3. Illusion - Disguises itself to blend in

(or it could even be Imposter... but that wouldn't make sense because it would override the entire Pokemon in a battle...)

---

also based on the statement that Catherines is the offspring of her Dads - I assume her Dad, as the Champion, will use it (its evolution) against us... IF we have to fight him as a champion or sometime ever (since it's honorary etc.)

I think the abilities may be infiltrator, cute charm and fur coat (?)

Infiltrator because it infiltrates the flock to get its prey, cute charm because it's cute and fur coat as it has got a thick coat of fluffy wool.

I hope we can get it soon.

now i want the wolf pokemon and a trainer that makes a reference to the story the boy who cried wolf

Eh, that fable (its moral, at the very least) is going to have a bigger influx on the plot than you might think at first.

Eh, that fable (its moral, at the very least) is going to have a bigger influx on the plot than you might think at first.

true or not i am preaching it

Wolf Pokemon in Seven CONFIRMEDDDDDDDD

Aw crap we have tratiors in our mist...

true or not i am preaching it

Wolf Pokemon in Seven CONFIRMEDDDDDDDD

...............did you not just see the new announcement??? it is a wolf

Welp, the evo is in my signature, up to you to decide if it is wolf-like enough for your tastes...

that whole team freaks me out :S..although to bad you dont have room for all 3 outcomes

Whelp. Speculation.

Type: Dark Electric (because sheep are thus far electric)

EDIT: FINE THOMAS. POOR REASON. Pure Dark, or maybe Dark/Poison, since the latter effectively taunts Psychic-types. Then evolves to Dark/Fighting once it is done weakening the flock, so as to take them out all the more effectively (fighting hits neutral, soo)

Abilities (by order of plausible appearance in post):

Illusion (Disguise)

Infiltrator (Infiltrate)

Fur Coat (Thick fluffy wool)

Cute Charm (fluffy & cute [sic] charm)

Evolution: There are a lot of possibilities, but I'm going to stick with one straight out of (modified a bit to match, but concepts is there) Pokemon Conquest

Level up (possibly only at a certain time) with 5 Pslamb in your party.

Sarcasm edition in spoilers. Nothing is to be taken seriously. (From far-fetched, to literally not happening)

Type: Ghost/Normal, because sheep are so terribly normal, and it just sorta "ghosts" its way into flocks.

Abilities:

Bulletproof (I'd imagine enough pining from younger girls would literally plaster its fur with makeup. Should be bulletproof enough. Especially if my cousins got a hold of this)

Mold Breaker (Wolves being sheep definitely breaks the stereotype on wolves being wolves)

Shed Skin (Well, the fur has to come off somehow)

Wonder Guard (Going back to Bulletproof. Possible it's stronger?)

Method of evolution:

It must be struck by lightning no less than 200 times (without fainting), then leveled up in the darkest room of an active volcano no more than three minutes thereafter (no flying, either).

Additionally, it's ability-dependent, with a total of three different, obscure methods—one for each of its illustrious abilities. Nobody knows the other two.

What no I did not submit and forget /spoiler at the end. That's silly.

Edited by Cobalt996