Pokemon Se7en - Currently on hiatus

Bug/Ground huh...

If I only had seen the picture / sprite I would have assumed at least a steel-type due to that Chain-tail thing...

and holy damn, it actually has 8 legs as a spider! (canon Pokemon only have 4 or 6) ... and now I can't remember if your other spider-mon had 8 legs or not...

ability to control time you say? - hmmmm... In before it becomes a Bug/Dragon with Roar of Time! [yeah you mentioned "fully evolved bug/ground type"...]

and I guess it's hidden ability has something to do with it...

hmmm... time... speeding up... increses speed... ground type... Sand Rush! - hell or even Speed Boost!

or maybe Prankster - status moves gain priority = manipulating time to move first...

... ... Stall might also be an option to always go last... but I can't really see a use for it for a Bug/Ground mon...

edit:

or it might just get Trick Room really early through level up

also - it's a pocketwatch not a clock... :D

Edited by Cepheus

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's also made of glass, not metal. It's a pocketwatch/hourglass/spider thing and I love it. More bugs for my potential mono, I guess (so many bugs x_x) Hexatis, Elftik, Lucifly, Quiksilk, Andetle, Lunapillar, Colourva... there's so many announced already.

We getting more ground types from Duster's team so we can learn how to counter them :^)

As for the announcement itself...

Quiksilk, the Clock Pokemon, is a BUG/GROUND type, similar to Nincada in canon. It's a shame there was never a fully evolved Bug/Ground, since it's a pretty neat typing, and Nincada isn't really useful in Little Cup either, so we're here to set that first one straight.

*Casually ignoring Wormadam Sandy Cloak* ;(

yoself b4u shrek yoself again

EDIT: Quiksilks would make for amazing keychains js

Edited by Bazaro

May I ask why the sprite looks different than the concept art? Or is that the steampunk shiny version?

Pokemon has Quicksand in its name, so you guys really took a lot of thought to associate this one with time. I can say I'm impressed. Hopefully it doesn't roar.

That said, quicksand doesn't increase your speed, but decrease the opponents. Prankster seems like a nice ability, unless you created a new one.

Can't say I see this as a Sand Rusher since it looks nomadic and easily rattled.

Duster will use it... with Eviolite.

Two potential abilities I'm surprised no one has put out there yet: Analytic and Technician.

Analytic: this guess is mostly based on the fact that it's a pocketwatch and timing and the like. I'm mostly just putting this one here as speculation.

Technician: this one could be very nice on a Bug/Ground type due to providing strong STAB moves with bonus effects. It gets Bug Bite to devour opposing berries and Bulldoze for dropping the Speed of everyone, not to mention things like Rock Tomb, which also benefit from Technician.

May I ask why the sprite looks different than the concept art? Or is that the steampunk shiny version?

Pokemon has Quicksand in its name, so you guys really took a lot of thought to associate this one with time. I can say I'm impressed. Hopefully it doesn't roar.

That said, quicksand doesn't increase your speed, but decrease the opponents. Prankster seems like a nice ability, unless you created a new one.

Can't say I see this as a Sand Rusher since it looks nomadic and easily rattled.

Duster will use it... with Eviolite.

I made the sprite before Zim made the artwork, and since I colored it based on a pencil sketch, there's quite a few differences between my coloration and Zim's :)

I would love to help, but dunno how.

Don't worry, right now we don't know how to help ourselves, either. It's that crazy moment in development again, but we've been there before, so we will survive :P

Can I be a leader? :D

Too late :P

Gym Leaders/E4 members/other major NPCs have been 100% defined, complete with roles in the long-term plot and ideas for character development, since before Ep 1 came out...

Okay, so another thing I can strap to my klefkichain. An eight-legged spider is a nice change from the canon.

EDIT: Wormadam - Sand does not exist. Deal with it.

It is said that Quiksilk has the ability to control time.

So Quiksilk removed Wormadam-Sand from time. Interesting. It forgot Grass cloak though.

am I the only one that things it looks like sponee from uranium? or is it my imagination. still glad to see someone finally made a bug/ground 3 stage evolution. even if its a fakemon it looks powerful.

Everyone is calling it a spider. Am I the only one who thought it looked like a crab?

Yes you are.

am I the only one that things it looks like sponee from uranium? or is it my imagination. still glad to see someone finally made a bug/ground 3 stage evolution. even if its a fakemon it looks powerful.

... We never said anything about it being 3 stage o.O

aw based on the post I thought it was from the "fully evolved" part, my bad. still I want to find this in the game and use it.

Well I have good news. This is going to be a common-ish encounter in the desert... Although the desert is going to have so many different Pokemon, running into the one you want might prove complicated lol.

OCMjSLm.png

I made this artwork to serve as a splash panel, to transition into the game's credit roll. But we couldn't actually make the credit roll because of time constraints, so we've decided to reveal it in the public as an announcement. Enjoy your speculation :)

amal_nadia_desert_sky_team_go____by_zimv

sooo... does this actually reveal two before unknown characters?

those silhouettes in the sky?

or are these supposed to be like, Fenimore Cook and... well I don't know...

They are indeed two new characters. You meet them at the end of Ep 2, and they are pivotal going into Ep 3, hence why they were so prominently featured in the splash panel, before the whole credit roll idea was nixed for time constraints (but it might return in Ep 3)... So, who are they? What role will they play? Care to venture a guess?