Which gym leader do you think is the strongest so far?

jamesw0102

171 members have voted

1. 1. Which Reborn region gym leader was the most difficult for you?

• Julia
    • Florinia
    • Corey
    • Shelly
    • Shade
    • Kiki
    • Aya
    • Serra
    • Noel
    • Radomus
    • Luna
    • Samson
    • Charlotte
    • Terra
    • -Other

I generally find the double battles to be easier because the AI is so derpy with them. If you have a poke that has protect or detect in its learned moveset they are all pretty much a breeze. The psychic gym leader was probably the easiest because setting up trick room is a terrible idea when the opponent has an Escavalier on the loose. It is probably different for players with switch on. I found Corey to be the hardest just because of the auto damage from the field followed by Terra because of the monster that is Garchomp.

I kinda agree with you in the battle with Radomus, I just defeated him with like 3-4 pokemon only because he made some stupid decisions, he could have literally sweep my entire team with his Gardevoir since there was a big level gap.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys, Corey isn't that hard. Why? Gust. Literally use Gust with any pokemon and the battle is 3x easier. Charlotte can be tough without proper set up seeing as she is one of the first leaders to have fully EV trained pokemon.

Anyway, Hax Queen Serra is returning. Hell to the fucking YES! I hate people calling her a breeze. She use to be so difficult and hard to beat, that she actually taught players to think and stop treating this like it was easy. It's not. You need to think and strategize and not bum rush this game. Nowadays, Serra is being declared as one of the easier leaders by the new people and it's not fair for her and what she use to be. It's time she take her spot as one of the hardest leaders back. It's time she shows herself off to the world one final time. It's finally time for her to bring her stunning and dramatic career to an end with a difficult and decisive battle with what should be a strong trainer.

I kinda agree with you in the battle with Radomus, I just defeated him with like 3-4 pokemon only because he made some stupid decisions, he could have literally sweep my entire team with his Gardevoir since there was a big level gap.

Yeah, personally I think the AI simply isn't close to good enough to use Trick Room correctly.

They are not "easy",. even if you didn't have a difficult time with them. They definitely require more from the player compared to the average pokemon (fan)game for the most part.

Randomus I actually beat first attempt this time but barely. Girafarig comes with nasty plot which combined with shadow ball via TM on the chess board turns him into a beast, well that is if you can keep him alive. This was another battle where Proninja proves itself best starter.

Anyway, Hax Queen Serra is returning. Hell to the fucking YES! I hate people calling her a breeze. She use to be so difficult and hard to beat, that she actually taught players to think and stop treating this like it was easy. It's not. You need to think and strategize and not bum rush this game. Nowadays, Serra is being declared as one of the easier leaders by the new people and it's not fair for her and what she use to be. It's time she take her spot as one of the hardest leaders back. It's time she shows herself off to the world one final time. It's finally time for her to bring her stunning and dramatic career to an end with a difficult and decisive battle with what should be a strong trainer.

I wonder if any of her Pokemon is going to be replaced? Personally, I think the Cryogonal should be replaced because it isn't much of a threat and is really easy to take down. I know she had a Glaceon in the past (which was apparently a nightmare to defeat) - so maybe she can go with that again? (Assuming her lead is Abomasnow)

The only thing on her team that's guaranteed to return is her ace, Froslass.

Not even Abomasnow is safe.

I don't care what her team is, just as long as it's frustrating enough to make me want to throw my computer out the window.

That reminds me about Radomus. I just fought the old Singles Version of him and man, that was a hard and fun fight. Justified Gallade was a brilliant addition for his team. I actually had to swap Arbok for a Lv 10 Cottonee to win the fight (even back then, the AI could be cheap).

I'm surprised at how many people said Shelly was hard... I beat her pretty easy, Burning Field and Sleep Powder combo pretty much owned her, but I guess without the field effect she would've been way harder.

I feel kinda bad that so many of the Gym Leaders have been nerfed. I guess the battles I won don't really mean anything, then?

I didn't vote because I haven't actually finished the game yet ><" I keep reading about how awful Charlotte is, and now I'm freaking out XD (pls dont nerf her tho kthx ame) I have to say so far the hardest battle was Julia. The other ones were hard, but after some thinking and incorporating a strategy (with a little bit of luck) I got out in the end... but Julia? I have no idea how I beat her. I just spammed Fake Out a lot, and she made a couple bad calls... I pretty much won by a thread. I had no idea you could get Onix, so I didn't get it until after beating Corey, I think (completely by accident, too).

Aya was also hard... I came out of that battle with only one Pokemon left, I think, at really low health too... and supposedly she got nerfed twice. I feel really nooby now ;-; :P

I get what you mean about burning+sleep. I used a pansear with yawn and a ponyta to back it up, her wormadam and illumise never actually moved and masquerian and yanmega only moved once. I mainly lost the first-third time due being too low-level to stop volbeat from getting a tail glow up and accidentally ending the burn with sand tomb. alos, this time her anorinth never used rockslide thank god (my team was 4/6 weak to rock and damn that thing was FAST) Julia was p much a cakewalk with a lucky quilladin rollout and pachirisu taking advantage of the field while being too bulky to die. I bascially spammed spark. Ironically, flobot's cradily was the easiest memeber of her team, if a bit tedious, because of quilladin with pin missle getting high rolls

corey would have been the hardest if he'd used venoshock more often, but he didn't. I'm pretty sure that nothing i had could live that.

None of the leaders have really been all that hard for me, but that's mainly because rock/water Gyms haven't come up yet. But Charlotte would be for me, simply because she forced me to use Rain Dance Porygon 2 and some non-fire types.

I find some of the non-leader bosses the hardest. The last Aster/Eclipse boss took me ages to beat, mainly due to the sheer incompetence of Aya at battling. Useless when battling her, useless when battling WITH her.

In my first run, the hardest Gym Leader for me was Aya. She was so hard that I needed to train a Cubchoo until it evolved and learned Icicle Crash, breed it with a female Piloswine, train the Swinub to lv 40, evolve it all the way to Mamoswine and train a random Noibat to lv 40 so it could survive Earthquakes and support the team with Tailwind. Even then it was hard. The second hardest was pre-nerf Noel, since my best Pokémon, Venusaur, got wrecked by two-thirds of his team and the rest had to pray to the RNG to stand a chance. Clefable was hilariously easy with Toxicroak, though.

Then my old PC got bricked and I'm doing a second run. Aya was still the hardest Gym Leader, though this time it's because I'm waiting for EP15 to battle Serra.

The hardest non-GL bosses would be Sigmund (on the first run) and Sirius (on the second run) at Yureyu, because Cain's Pokémon spent most of the time spamming weak attacks or hitting themselves.

Shelly by far. Once i got pretty lucky but i aqua jeted my blaziken by mistake. But once i changed who i opened wit i got after one try.

Beat julia, corey,shade and kiki in one try, all thanks to my espur.

In my first run, the hardest Gym Leader for me was Aya. She was so hard that I needed to train a Cubchoo until it evolved and learned Icicle Crash, breed it with a female Piloswine, train the Swinub to lv 40, evolve it all the way to Mamoswine and train a random Noibat to lv 40 so it could survive Earthquakes and support the team with Tailwind. Even then it was hard. The second hardest was pre-nerf Noel, since my best Pokémon, Venusaur, got wrecked by two-thirds of his team and the rest had to pray to the RNG to stand a chance. Clefable was hilariously easy with Toxicroak, though.

Then my old PC got bricked and I'm doing a second run. Aya was still the hardest Gym Leader, though this time it's because I'm waiting for EP15 to battle Serra.

The hardest non-GL bosses would be Sigmund (on the first run) and Sirius (on the second run) at Yureyu, because Cain's Pokémon spent most of the time spamming weak attacks or hitting themselves.

Aya wasn't easy but you didn't need to go that far. I don't get why people don't use meowstic, really helped me against nidoqueen.

Just did my first playthrough on ep 14 in one go. Hardest were Shade, Aya, and Radomus.

For Radomus, I switched my HM slave Bibarel with a random Kecleon which I caught in the labyrinth just before the gym. Sucker Punch + Protean helped a lot.

For Charlotte, I switched my HM slave Bibarel with a random Bronzong which I caught in the route before her town. Trick Room allowed me to get a clean sweep with Earthquake spam once it was active. Would have probably been a hard fight if it wasn't for that, but this startegy made her fairly easy.

Everything else I just did with my regular team without grinding, however some (most) of them took a multitude of resets until RNG gave me the parahax I needed to setup toxic spikes.

(generally speaking I think it's really hard to lose after you get to the circus where you can buy those Max Revive candies)

Edited by Mionee

I have not had any problems with the leaders especially the girl girl who people were hyping up to hell and back for being to strong but I destroyed her and it was so anticlimactic. maybe it was because I started with tailwind with noivern along side feraligatr with rain dance. The one leader that was very hard for me was Terra. mostly because of the gen 1 mechanics making my team irrelevant. some had no stab moves to abuse, physical attackers had to rely on special attack stat, special attackers had to rely on physical stat mostly. The ONLY one who could even fight competently was my unaware clefable who could only spam cosmic power and try to sweep with stored power and pray to arceus that the AI wont crit. I ran out off PP with stored power and she only had a heavily damaged swagsire left and I only had feraligatr and he got burned by scald. but in a strange twist of irony the gen 1 mechanics saved me in the end and gator knocked the thing out.