5th Gen Shiny Thread

Amethyst

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Here's some Gothitelle shinies I did. The first set is a simple inversion, it was my first shot at anything sprite-ish so they probably need a lot of work. With Gothorita I had trouble keeping the eyes from blending into the rest of her head. With Gothita I had a lot of trouble with her belt/diamond things and I'm not sure what to do to make it look better.

8attHwK.pngrsXowOh.png

C49K0ws.pngigf8b9M.png

c9qso1g.pngefFW0x9.png

Here's some pink ones I did. I figured since we made a gothy Gardevoir we could do a peppy, cheery Gothitelle. I changed the face color because it blended too much with the pink.

XHsXSYQ.pngiJYdP96.png

uaoKuas.pngbrOl8UX.png

zwFV7gl.pngu58VV7T.png

I also made a red one. I haven't done the full line like this since I wanted to gauge people's reactions. Also I'm not sure about the black lips. Also if people want I could try it in yellow.

8bNUynW.png

I also tried my hand at Vanilluxe. I know Ame wanted Rainbow Sherbert but I did it in chocolate since chocolate is the opposite of vanilla. I'm just a little stumped with it though. I'm not sure what to do with the shiny part on the cone since I envision it as a waffle cone rather than ice. Also the chunks in it, I wanted the ice shards to look like chocolate chunks but I couldn't figure out how to make them look right and not blend. Right now they look more like rocks. I'm not 100% on the faces too. So some advice would be appreciated.

mU12BOa.png

I also tried my hand at Vanilluxe. I know Ame wanted Rainbow Sherbert but I did it in chocolate since chocolate is the opposite of vanilla. I'm just a little stumped with it though. I'm not sure what to do with the shiny part on the cone since I envision it as a waffle cone rather than ice. Also the chunks in it, I wanted the ice shards to look like chocolate chunks but I couldn't figure out how to make them look right and not blend. Right now they look more like rocks. I'm not 100% on the faces too. So some advice would be appreciated.

mU12BOa.png

Ok sorry but this does not look like a chocolate cone (at all) actually it resembles...ahem...anyway strangely enough i like it more this way (probably because i dislike Vanilluxe)

I used the shading from Mamoswine as the base for the chocolate since I thought it looked like a good chocolate color, maybe I should've gone for something darker. Would the browns from litleo or bouffalant's afro work better?

Edited by Kelazi5

• Veterans

The only one I could definitely say I could rule out would be the 1st.

For laughs. Someone do a spiderman themed Galvantula ^^

Name it GalDANtula!

For laughs. Someone do a spiderman themed Galvantula ^^

I know for certain that somebody in the TPP community did a sprite for a Spiderman Joltik, as TPP caught a Joltik and nicknamed it Spoder-mon during their run of Pokémon Black.

Edited by supermario79411

damn, those galvantulas look amazing, especially the white/red one

basculin (i tried)

firstly thought of simply swapping the green for the dark blue/grey, but it felt too simple and not dark enough

kjzRXO4.png

decided to reverse the green with the dark blue/grey and it ended up looking even worse

9IAStub.png

so i had the idea to swap the red and blue between both forms

JLHktkV.pngfes4EHD.png

at this point it still felt kind of simple, and i basically fucked around for a while with the colors, trying to get something "special", like this

pQCEjkK.png9ucgHjm.png

and it still looked like shit (posting in case someone actually likes it). finally, i decided to darken the skin as initially requested, hadnt done so sooner because i had a feeling it would look too dark and well...

n3JGip9.png

was also too lazy to use the original red one or to do the other form at this point, but if this works, ill do the correct version of this one and the blue one (or just the blue one in red, if people prefer the blue-red swap)

unfezant line

PLEASE IGNORE UNFENZANT'S FUCKING MOE ANIME EYES, ILL FIX THAT (and the female version's tail).

also ignore the pidove, i know it looks like shit, in fact, i dont even know why i posted it. i got angry at it because i couldnt get the eyes to look like starly's, so i messed up a lot on the shading and on some other details too, since i was tired. i also tried too hard to make pidove look like starly (bigger white spot on the head, white spot under the chin, etc).

and the same thing happened to tranquill's eyes aswell: i tried to make them look like staravia's but it just didnt work. also tried red, because of its evolution and it looked ten times more terrifying than that gengar-themed shiny audino.

oQixDQd.pngfr0N7mo.png7nXtouX.pngC5av7vT.png

ill work on these in two days, probably

I think we will need a poll for there spiders lol.

Blue electric. This one's my favorite.

FCoFmLr.pngIIB2fbK.pngG6hvhIR.pngoZrKhfV.png

Autumn

L1HqoBh.png92q8QNe.pngBUotX0z.pngiufdOAL.png

Brown tarantula

mu95U29.pngITc70BN.png4GXOAW7.pngNUTW3QN.png

Strawberry milkshake Albino. Second favorite.

AmDvebx.pngfKf3ePx.png6H00w8M.pnguYFf8pv.png

@MMM: I think unfezant line doesn't look good with starly's colors. The idea itself is nice, but if it doesn't work out you should consider to work on other ideas.

Edited by dragon-in-night

So I saw jello reuniclus and was intrigued so I made the brightest tripiest to ever come out of the broken thing that is my brain. It doesn't fit the atmosphere whatsoever but that's what makes it funny :]

JlLTHLH.png?1 Imgur was being a pain so no transparency sdgdfgshfg

also seems the size is off welp fml

Edited by Sir_Bagel

There are so many incredible spriters in this community, it's unbelievable. Y'all rock.

I like the last dark Basculin, it actually looks neat being so dark.

My fave Galvantula is the autumn one, followed by brown, then albino, then blue. xD Basically the reverse I guess.

Here's Dream Smoke Erry Day Musharna (whoever came up with this idea (it wasn't me) is a genius lmao):

518s_zpsm0znircu.png518sb_zpsrxettbkq.png
518s_zpsnblamqem.png518sb_zpsabbgy0jx.png
I'm really not sure which version I prefer.

Also made Mallard Ducklett
580s_zpsimopgcwk.png580sb_zpsdeeilqkq.png
to go with

Which I think is a fantastic idea, but would be improved by being made darker, its eyes orange, and the purple swapped either for grey or creamy white. :)

White Bouffalant, sacred to Native Unovans, I guess.

626s_zps6hywhhri.png626sb_zps8ropgtum.png

Edited by roqi

605.pngVanilluxe line, tell me if you think the shading look weird.

isIIhMa.pngWG3tonE.png

r3im885.pngZ9YjxUt.png

8so98UM.pngH6N4Dco.png

Hope I dont' have to work with there mother****** again.

@Roqi: You don't use pixels for gradient on smoke, I think you should stick to pixel art or they will look weird compare to the rest. I prefer the first one, I suggest you make the leaf bigger or add more leafs.

Kinda late to say now but I really like your Munna :D just fix the white spot a bit then it will look perfect.

@Roqi: You don't use pixels for gradient on smoke, I think you should stick to pixel art or they will look weird compare to the rest. I prefer the first one, I suggest you make the leaf bigger or add more leafs.

Kinda late to say now but I really like your Munna :D just fix the white spot a bit then it will look perfect.

B-but I like how the gradient looks. ;.; I used the tool when the sprite was shrunk to 50%, so there's no half-pixels or nothin'. Any more opinions?

Thanks, I actually did but I forgot to post it. The white dot was actually pure white, oddly enough, but I made it greenish.

517s_zpstd2wb5os.png

If you want to keep the gradient, I have some suggest.

wCHi3nw.pngek7kId9.png

You can look at fire and smoky pokemon to see how smoke looks in pixel. Remember to resize the sprite to 50% of originel size before you want to draw anything.

And I think the white spot is still too white, that spot is supposed to be just a bit lighter than the head.