5th Gen Shiny Thread

Amethyst

im starting to get some really nasty ideas for the hand signs, i mean, there's just so much you can do... k i should stop

no, keep going.

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

NO, SERIOUSLY ENOUGH

edit: also, i did a quick white/black marble bisharp based on nova's early suggestion to see how it'd look like

gtBsagk.pngh7K9SPK.png

any thoughts for now? i can make it better and fix some things (i.e. main body/skin isnt too distinguishable from the overall armor, contrast, etc), if people like this enough

also, we could have different male/female versions, rather than just use one of these

• Developers

NO, SERIOUSLY ENOUGH

edit: also, i did a quick white/black marble bisharp based on nova's early suggestion to see how it'd look like

gtBsagk.pngh7K9SPK.png

any thoughts for now? i can make it better and fix some things (i.e. main body/skin isnt too distinguishable from the overall armor, contrast, etc), if people like this enough

also, we could have different male/female versions, rather than just use one of these

think you need more contrast on the white sprite.

NO, SERIOUSLY ENOUGH

gtBsagk.pngh7K9SPK.png

I like the white one most, but it does need a little more contrast.

EDIT: Fixed Excadrill, making the blood less saturated and some other small things:

77uPOad.pnguU9zYNy.png

wmNeWKE.png1IWDekV.png

This is my Elgyem and Beheeyem line

This version dosen't have any concept, but how do you like it?

8tigofgq.png

Also, here is a Navy-themed Carracosta

wlqbmszd.png

I really enjoy your Reuniclus coloration its kinda bleak and reminds me of a skeleton kinda, but i would use this in my game.

post-54006-0-48339500-1431476041_thumb.png

post-54006-0-95122000-1431476041_thumb.png

post-54006-0-45377800-1431476042_thumb.png

post-54006-0-92482300-1431476042_thumb.png

The elgyem and beeheeyem are all right but the grey dots around the black markings on Elgym's head need to change. Though I was thinking those two might look cool if made to look like robots or something. The drillbur line looks pretty good now.

The elgyem and beeheeyem are all right but the grey dots around the black markings on Elgym's head need to change. Though I was thinking those two might look cool if made to look like robots or something. The drillbur line looks pretty good now.

Your right I didn't really see that till you said something, but I'll fix it.

SERIOUSLY? I WAS JUST DOING THIS FOR THE LULS

cKWejvR.png

btw here are some slightly improved versions of the bisharp i posted earlier

edrL5g5.pngQnZMLry.pngRNYqSlw.png

also, your bisharp looks great bazaro, i really like how you changed up the blades' colors. but somehow, i feel like its not too fitting for reborn (maybe thats just me)

As for the Carracosta, the blue does look awesome and I like it best but normal Carracosta is blue and black too :<

Ame suggested inverting the Black/Blue for Carracosta with a gradient added to it. I added a rainbow version because I thought it'd look better :>

That Meloetta is spooky, but I think it was already finished.

The Kling line is well done! The colors fit well for the copper style, but maybe make the green a little less saturated and make the blue on Klinklang green too?

The Kling line is well done! The colors fit well for the copper style, but maybe make the green a little less saturated and make the blue on Klinklang green too?

with the saturation do mean make it a little dingyer of a green? Also I thought about making them all green but I felt like that was gonna be wayy to much green for it and since the things werent all the same color I didn't wanna make it like that too. But I'll edit one and throw it up today and let y'all choose. Edited by Kokabiel

The idea for the Klink line is neat, but maybe you could replace the gray areas (face, back) with a different colour (something to fit with the copper-like theme)?
The shade of gray doesn't match the red tone all that well (imo), perhaps a more rusty colour would work out better?

Edited by Ama

The idea for the Klink line is neat, but maybe you could replace the gray areas (face, back) with a different colour (something to fit with the copper-like theme)?

The shade of gray doesn't match the red tone all that well (imo), perhaps a more rusty colour would work out better?

I was thinking that too but I didn't know what color to make it so I kinda just left it alone, but maybe a brown? Idk it tool me forever to settal on a color for the green things so suggestions would be nice.

You could always try to use a darker shade of the base colour. That's usually an easy way to create a matching colour palette.
And as for the green - personally I like it the way it is, so I'd just suggest colouring the blue part in the same colour or a darker shade.

EDIT: Unrelated to that, I've been playing around with Archeops a bit. I like the idea of sun colours that's listed in the OP, but... eh, idk.
567_3.png567_2.png567.png
I feel like it would be a waste to just leave those yellow feathers completely yellow, but I'm not competent enough to create a nice, smooth transition between colours, like it's seen on, for example, Reborn's shiny Steelix and Rapidash.
(And wow does the dark post background make the wings look pixellated at the parts where there's black lines. Makes me want to just colour those yellow as well.)

Edited by Ama

ok so heres my update I feel like this looks all around better I changed the gray center to a more fitting colour and then I decided to stick with the green how it was but made the blue a little bit more of a caustic blue colour.

Also just had an idea for sawk an throh, how about a goku and vegeta themed shiny.

post-54006-0-06740000-1431973922_thumb.png

post-54006-0-54240500-1431973922_thumb.png

post-54006-0-05720400-1431973923_thumb.png

post-54006-0-49805500-1431973923_thumb.png

post-54006-0-04103200-1431973924_thumb.png

post-54006-0-54298000-1431973924_thumb.png

Edited by Kokabiel