5th Gen Shiny Thread

Amethyst

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That could work but what about the rocker sign? The one with the pinkie, index, and thumb extended but the others down. The body looks really good too, like it's still gold but covered in the dust and grime of the ages from sitting in a tomb too long.

Also I love the mew colored Reuniclus line, something about that one just feels right, the colors mesh together beautifully.

Edited by Kelazi5

oh man, chess piece pawniard, bisharp and escavalier would be so cool. Though I prefer the idea of the paladin escavalier better. I say do it, afterall they're named after chess pieces, why not make them look like ones.

Cherry Blosson Lilligant

UlPO3FO.png0KOttDL.png

Variation 1 (Concept by Sir Bagel)

xnqp9tI.pngE0hyY60.png

Variation 2

VJoGtO2.pngTp4yOiv.png

Pidove -> Staraptor:

dRz6Hjk.pngEZXLbwF.png

aM5ZRwf.pngiHNhFF6.png

mUMj3Nz.pngMcjGzYb.png

Oxvdws2.pngkOhayBD.png

Salavaging the other Shiny thread for any somewhat usable sprites:

by Justin

PokemonReborncustomshinies_zps696512c1.p

Cofagrigus and Tympole lines from this one maybe?

by 15gamer2000
  • post-52689-0-40291300-1424412214.pngpost-52689-0-61218500-1424412219.pngpost-52689-0-17336300-1424412233.pngpost-52689-0-91533900-1424412227.pngpost-52689-0-85256800-1424412224.pngpost-52689-0-17332700-1424412237.png

Could be used, but would require the correct backsprites (I like the rainbow one in this thread more though)

Edited by Nova

This thread is, sadly, a little abandoned lately, so here's a bump, with a new addition!

Catmouflage Purrloin line:

f3SATCH.pngWR6It4z.png

wrAswpg.pngNTYXXv9.png

(The upper body is transparent, which can be seen better here:

r7gW488.png

the camouflage idea is pretty good, but you should still apply some shading on the main body or it'll look sort of weird. i dont know what program you use to sprite, but you can manage a layer's opacity pretty easily through photoshop. just select a grey/black for the shading and once you're done spriting diminish the layer's opacity until it feels just right.

staraptor-themed pidove line is also pretty good, but male unfezant's eye feels... weird (i actually want to say retarded but it might come out more rude than i intend it to), comparing to the female version. it seems like its focusing on the top right corner; that might be just me though.

the camouflage idea is pretty good, but you should still apply some shading on the main body or it'll look sort of weird. i dont know what program you use to sprite, but you can manage a layer's opacity pretty easily through photoshop. just select a grey/black for the shading and once you're done spriting diminish the layer's opacity until it feels just right.

staraptor-themed pidove line is also pretty good, but male unfezant's eye feels... weird (i actually want to say retarded but it might come out more rude than i intend it to), comparing to the female version. it seems like its focusing on the top right corner; that might be just me though.

In-game Sprites can't handle opacity, so it's either all or nothing on transparency. We don't really have a choice there...

Fixed the eyes on male Staraptor:

Old New

rNVESoh.pngOxvdws2.png

YzOs1vH.pngkOhayBD.png

4gwm5sY.pngiMnigju.png

mIdVWpb.pngGj5bMJy.png

Some sandy coffins inspired in part by Gaara's gourd and by my own boredom

I think is is the best Cofagrigus line concept yet. I vote this one to be the final.

4gwm5sY.pngiMnigju.png

mIdVWpb.pngGj5bMJy.png

Some sandy coffins inspired in part by Gaara's gourd and by my own boredom

I like this one but it seems a little monotone why not change the color of it's arms and eyes?

• Developers

xntbDqq.pngx9JsQGQ.png

the pidoves front fur looks a bit messey in my opionion theres spects of grey hovering in the fur also the back sprites front fur looks weird to

Edited by smeargletail

the pidoves front fur looks a bit messey in my opionion theres spects of grey hovering in the fur also the back sprites front fur looks weird to

Tried to fix it a bit. Any better?

Old New

xntbDqq.pngdRz6Hjk.png

x9JsQGQ.pngEZXLbwF.png

Old4gwm5sY.pngiMnigju.pngmIdVWpb.pngGj5bMJy.png

New86ao4bi.pngpfC5fKA.png2BB6PRa.pngOtRmEal.png

Darkened the coffin's color a bit to make it stick out more and made the eyes jade for contrast

Pidove looks a lot better now

Edited by Bazaro

Old4gwm5sY.pngiMnigju.pngmIdVWpb.pngGj5bMJy.png

NewepDpmCO.pngLqh67p7.png7s3Hju3.pngOtRmEal.png

Darkened the coffin's color a bit to make it stick out more and made the eyes jade for contrast

Pidove looks a lot better now

Green eyes work well on Yamask, but I think yellow eyes are still better for Cofagrigus. I really like the added color, good job there.

Another concept for Tirtouga, a mix of sea turtle and fire/rainbow gradient. This took a lot of time to make, so i would like approval before spending my time on the rest :P

ECVA0Kz.png

Green eyes work well on Yamask, but I think yellow eyes are still better for Cofagrigus. I really like the added color, good job there.

Another concept for Tirtouga, a mix of sea turtle and fire/rainbow gradient. This took a lot of time to make, so i would like approval before spending my time on the rest :P

ECVA0Kz.png

The white needs more contrast, and maybe some more in-between colors on the shell?

Also that's Carracosta, not Tirtouga

Edited by Bazaro

How about for Coffagrigus's (sp?) hands like a Japanese girl doing selfies but can't decide which handsign to use?

1 Spock

1 Rock

1 Peace

1 big ass f*** you.

Make it really Japanese by adding more arms.

catchmyjest?

Edited by Helia

Here's the rest:

a6uXCsd.pngrASy7i3.png

9X1RP0Z.pngMJ8Vwkh.png

6zXbMVQ.pngpGQzIX7.png

x5aSjo6.pnghLpRe8G.png

Which version do you guys like more? The first one or the black and blue as suggested by Ame?

Both are really good i can't decide

I think we actually have at least one full entry of every Pokemon now. There are probably a few that aren't good enough yet and have to be redone, but we're doing great! Keep it up, everyone!