Amethyst

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Administrators
Take down the yellow saturation on Mienfoo just a bit, otherwise they're good for backspriting. Darm sprites should be good too.

Fetus Reuni is... effective, but gross. I'd still be interested in seeing one that looks more like the traditional jello-red

With the Eelvolutions, there's a shade of red or two that look out of place- http://prntscr.com/6cl7ht

I'm not entiiiirely sure what these shades are trying to do,but they need some work. Based on the pixels around the spot on its 'hand' it looks like it's supposed to fade with those pixels into the second colour, and also fade into the black elsewhere, but it's too highly saturated to do that atm.

There's a couple outlines on Emboar front that should match the nearby colors better- http://prntscr.com/6cl9ha - grey outline should be a darker-uh, bacon color.

Meloetta's 'skin' shading is a little awkward, especially on the front facing normal form, it almost looks like it has a beared because it's too dark. The top left of the front of Piroueette is the same as well.

The pixels connecting Swanna's face to its bill look a little odd on the back sprite- fade them in a little better? Front sprite swanna should also have a white eye instead of a grey eye.

Heatmor's looking a little bacony for now. Let's save that for Tepig. Since Dur's en grey let's make the presently dark-red part of the Heatran blackish and that faded pink color a mid-tone grey to contrast against the light grey we already have. In fact, all that done, it'll actually end up looking kind of robotic, which is neat with all its pipey looking stuff.

I'm personally not a fan of these colours for the geneies, but I'm at somewhat of a loss for ideas. Alternatives?

Trubbish line is looking good, but I think since the green trashbag is the dominant color it doesn't feel all that different... Could we try fading/darkening the trash bag part of these guys just a little to set them slightly more apart? Trubbish moreso, perhaps.

Interested in trying other concepts for Sandile line.

fun fact 'sandile' rearranges to 'sad line'

anyway.

Cinccino is... tough. I think the fur is too dark right now and it's contrasting harshly. Maybe try lightening the black fur and darkening the white just a little so it's not quite so jarring on the eyes

The pawn line is looking pretty all right, be a couple nitpicks. One, they've got two different shades of balck between them. One is a blue-black, preferable, and the other looks more grey. This should probably be kept consistent.

Secondly that little shine on Pawniard's helmet is a bit too light. A darker shade for those couple pixels will do well.

I'm not a huge fan of the audino personally but others seemt o like it... at the least, the back sprite's darker-black shade should be adjusted a bit, as it's currently too dark compared to its lighter shade.

Those Golett/lurks aren't bad-- do people like the clay concept vs a Steel or Marvel Iron Man one?

I'm a fan of this Esca, personally. http://prntscr.com/6clh1j Other opinions?

The tao trio look awesome in their latest to me, just need backs.

Gothi line- new plan. Let's keep the majority black, but from the canon thing, switch the white and purple. so it'll have light skin, and purple laceythings.

Blue Moon Vanill line is an -awesome- idea. But from the latest, let's get some of that glowy yellow color up in there. The crystally bits in its ice-cream body (i.e not the cone part) should take this yellow colour.

I kind of like this pair of Basculin http://prntscr.com/6clkdm personally, but any other thoughts?

Mallard ducklett is great but there's a stray shade here: http://prntscr.com/6clldb It doesn't really fit in- looks like it should maybe drop in saturation and brightness?

The darker shade of white bouffalant looks to be a little too dark

Musharna just needs the gradient fixed for the other facing, either style is fine, I kind of prefer the dithered (first) ungradiented one myself.

Simi-monkeys, Druddigon, Sawk/Throh, Tynamo, Pignite/Tepig, Crustle line, Chandy line, Muuna, Haxorus line, Durant, Electric blue joltik line, Scraggline, all accepted.

Really great job everyone! Keep it up!

• Veterans
Take down the yellow saturation on Mienfoo just a bit, otherwise they're good for backspriting. Darm sprites should be good too.
Fetus Reuni is... effective, but gross. I'd still be interested in seeing one that looks more like the traditional jello-red
With the Eelvolutions, there's a shade of red or two that look out of place- http://prntscr.com/6cl7ht
I'm not entiiiirely sure what these shades are trying to do,but they need some work. Based on the pixels around the spot on its 'hand' it looks like it's supposed to fade with those pixels into the second colour, and also fade into the black elsewhere, but it's too highly saturated to do that atm.
There's a couple outlines on Emboar front that should match the nearby colors better- http://prntscr.com/6cl9ha - grey outline should be a darker-uh, bacon color.
Meloetta's 'skin' shading is a little awkward, especially on the front facing normal form, it almost looks like it has a beared because it's too dark. The top left of the front of Piroueette is the same as well.
The pixels connecting Swanna's face to its bill look a little odd on the back sprite- fade them in a little better? Front sprite swanna should also have a white eye instead of a grey eye.
Heatmor's looking a little bacony for now. Let's save that for Tepig. Since Dur's en grey let's make the presently dark-red part of the Heatran blackish and that faded pink color a mid-tone grey to contrast against the light grey we already have. In fact, all that done, it'll actually end up looking kind of robotic, which is neat with all its pipey looking stuff.
I'm personally not a fan of these colours for the geneies, but I'm at somewhat of a loss for ideas. Alternatives?
Trubbish line is looking good, but I think since the green trashbag is the dominant color it doesn't feel all that different... Could we try fading/darkening the trash bag part of these guys just a little to set them slightly more apart? Trubbish moreso, perhaps.
Interested in trying other concepts for Sandile line.
fun fact 'sandile' rearranges to 'sad line'
anyway.
Cinccino is... tough. I think the fur is too dark right now and it's contrasting harshly. Maybe try lightening the black fur and darkening the white just a little so it's not quite so jarring on the eyes
The pawn line is looking pretty all right, be a couple nitpicks. One, they've got two different shades of balck between them. One is a blue-black, preferable, and the other looks more grey. This should probably be kept consistent.
Secondly that little shine on Pawniard's helmet is a bit too light. A darker shade for those couple pixels will do well.
I'm not a huge fan of the audino personally but others seemt o like it... at the least, the back sprite's darker-black shade should be adjusted a bit, as it's currently too dark compared to its lighter shade.
Those Golett/lurks aren't bad-- do people like the clay concept vs a Steel or Marvel Iron Man one?
I'm a fan of this Esca, personally. http://prntscr.com/6clh1j Other opinions?
The tao trio look awesome in their latest to me, just need backs.
Gothi line- new plan. Let's keep the majority black, but from the canon thing, switch the white and purple. so it'll have light skin, and purple laceythings.
Blue Moon Vanill line is an -awesome- idea. But from the latest, let's get some of that glowy yellow color up in there. The crystally bits in its ice-cream body (i.e not the cone part) should take this yellow colour.
I kind of like this pair of Basculin http://prntscr.com/6clkdm personally, but any other thoughts?
Mallard ducklett is great but there's a stray shade here: http://prntscr.com/6clldb It doesn't really fit in- looks like it should maybe drop in saturation and brightness?
The darker shade of white bouffalant looks to be a little too dark
Musharna just needs the gradient fixed for the other facing, either style is fine, I kind of prefer the dithered (first) ungradiented one myself.
Simi-monkeys, Druddigon, Sawk/Throh, Tynamo, Pignite/Tepig, Crustle line, Chandy line, Muuna, Haxorus line, Durant, Electric blue joltik line, Scraggline, all accepted.

-Gets back to working on the Deino Line-

Would the heads In 3 of the reborn colours and the body being dark purple(Amethyst) work?

Here's the fixed Herring:

buZcbEa.pngLDlRg6G.png89USwfa.pngJCypLnT.png

And a "clean shaven" Meloetta:

vvMNpsW.pngXdCthZb.png

WTtskhR.png6eNhAme.png

Now with 100% more jello BLOOD:

UEJw7Ie.pngGuaijgx.png

l0tMaOX.pngvdFNXri.png\

jFlNwf5.pngSkFsgXv.png

Lilligant as a cherry blossom, If it doesn't suck i'll start on the backsprite (can someone explain to me why the after enabling on properties and setting as transparent I can't get the transparency to work)

i2sRxER.png?1

What program do you use? Some programs do not have a 'transparency' option, and only the "PNG" picture type can support transparency.

Here's a Krookodile concept I made a while ago: Thoughts?

8xZooYT.png

Finally fixed the transparency thing, turns out on graphicsgale you need to click the alpha thing before the transparency will work. also fixed how I accidentally left some edges a dark green.

Edited by Sir_Bagel

i realized that while spriting. the thing is pawniard and bisharp's original sprites already share this difference, so i had to decide on whether to base the shinies off of the original forms or to keep them consistent. the former seemed more appropriate, but looking at it now, pawniard's grey does disturb me a bit too. the shine is also kind of annoying, so here's a fixed version with some improvements (also swapped pawniard's red - which was slightly different too - for bisharp's red, in order to keep this consistency):

wpgS8Tb.png116hsO9.png

regarding the unfezant line, im feeling pretty uncreative today and im a little busy, so ill think of something tomorrow, maybe. would appreciate some suggestions too.

• Veterans

Not the best with Auras tbh but i'll try
Anyways,I'd say it'd use its extra heads to attack so they'd be more bloody or even completely bloody..

Edited by Azeria Cipherus

what about the vanillite family like this?

ced5253133.png

That's a cool design, but i think the Blue Moon variety is in favor because it has a better theme.

Larvesta, and a Volcarona WIP:

4wypDKL.pngfIAHO6e.png

cARmD3a.png

What's the easiest way to do those gradients on the wings? they still look a bit 'off' at some places. any advice/tips?

Edited by Nova

That's a cool design, but i think the Blue Moon variety is in favor because it has a better theme.

Larvesta, and a Volcarona WIP:

4wypDKL.pngfIAHO6e.png

cARmD3a.png

What's the easiest way to do those gradients on the wings? they still look a bit 'off' at some places. any advice/tips?

oh my GOD. that fucking volcarona. that looks AMAZING.

the contrast on the darker purple used in the wings bugs me a bit, tho. maybe you could try a slightly lighter one?

Anyways Managed to have some semblance of blood on Dreigon,

tfHG5wc.png?1

looks good to me, and i like the addition of blood in their mouths. i would suggest a darker purple and red, however. also the dark aura thing, if you can do it. not sure how it'd look like, but i just find it fitting, as this is the main antagonist (as of now at least)'s signature pokemon.

also, one thing i was considering to do on hydreigon was lighter colors (i.e. white wings, maybe blue, etc). im really not sure of how good that would look, but if anyone else is curious, i could try to do one.

BAM! ZOROARK!

2uf3c07.jpg29mwqp2.png

1sbpc1.png2lmv241.png

I added some adjustments in color, no biggie.

DAAAAAAAMN, that Gold-White Zoroak looks amazing. I love it!

...sry I had to.

-but that would be a funny Idea! A Gold-White Zoroa turning into a Black-Blue Zoroak.

JOKES ON YOU INTERNET!

Here we go with an updated and greatly improved Chocolate Vanillite line. I took the advice of taking colors from photos of ice cream, hopefully it doesn't look like poop anymore. I did the same with the cone part but I'm not sure about it since it looks a tad bit fleshy. The cones on the vanillites are different since they were disturbingly fleshy with the old color set. I also made a strawberry/cotton candy/pink line too. I based it off colors from Cherrim's sunshine mode. I'm pretty sure the faces could use some work but I want some feedback first. Hopefully the colors aren't blending into each other too much.

Chocolate Vanillite Line

rEPUhDf.pngUqzcbqu.png

J4sEg2o.pngtqPsGce.png

lq60CWT.png53qGTxO.png

Strawberry Vanillite Line

EzqcD4j.pngVY1viRe.png

rEWjE3e.pngZbhyal1.png

yu4Z5hN.pnglbvXLuW.png