Reborn 14.5 Update

Amethyst

• Administrators

About time.

So in case you've missed the dev blog post about it we've got a 14.5 update coming out. Like our past X.5 updates, this is NOT a content release (sorry). However, we had to make a number of significant changes:

• ORAS content
  • Essentials v15 update
  • Additional anti-lag map adjustments
  • All moves/items/abilities implemented
...All of which you can read in more detail about in the dev blog forum and linked topic. In any case, some of this stuff (especially the last two bullets) can be pretty dramatic changes in which simple oversights will cause fatal crashes. Although we've already ironed out the worst, please DO NOT consider this a stable release. We will appreciate any reports of issues in it, hence the public release, but all players in 14.5 are advised to save frequently. For these reasons, this download will not be replacing the links on the main game page.

Additionally:

PLEASE do not save outdoors in any of the following areas before updating-

You will have a bad time. Indoors is fine:

• Reborn City
  • Chrysolia Forest
  • Spinel Town
  • Route 2
Additionally, consider visiting a Center in the update -before- using moves like Teleport.

Again, please remember that this is an unstable, non-content release and adjust your expectations accordingly. The download link is below the hulking change-list.

NOTE: Pre-Agate dive areas will not be accessible until the canon return to those locations

• * 1st-4th and 6th gen shiny sprites have been recoloured. And Woobat. Because we seriously get a "bug report" about Woobat's sprite like every three days, c'mon. 5th gen and Mega sprites will receive shinies in future updates.
  • * The following abilities have been scripted, fixed or technically improved in some way:
Cheek Pouch Aroma Veil Telepathy Pressure

Analytic Infiltrator Parental Bond Symbiosis

Moxie Pickpocket Magician Gooey

Primordial Sea Desolate Land Delta Stream Teravolt

Turboblaze Illusion Flower Veil Aftermath

(All abilities are now implemented)

• * The following moves have been scripted, fixed or technically improved in some way:
Dragon Ascent Origin Pulse Precipice Blades Copycat

Protect Detect King's Shield Spiky Shield

Endure Wide Guard Quick Guard Final Gambit

Fusion Flare Fusion Bolt Diamond Storm Steam Eruption

Flame Burst Magnetic Flux Fairy Lock Ally Switch

Last Resort Hyperspace Hole Payback Wonder Room

Fell Stinger Crafty Shield Quash After You

Me First Flower Shield Retaliate Rototiller

Thousand Waves Powder Electrify Ion Deluge

Sky Drop Mat Block Thousand Arrows Electroweb

(All moves are now implemented)

• * The following items have been scripted, fixed or technically improved in some way:
Eject Button Red Card Rocky Helmet Air Balloon

Red Orb Blue Orb Prison Bottle Assault Vest

ORAS Mega Stones

(All items are now implemented)

• * The following areas have been touched up to reduce lag, at least a little:
Byxbysion Wasteland Chrysolia Forest Peridot Ward

Beryl Ward Spinel Town Jasper Ward

Opal Ward Central Obsidia North Obsidia

South Obsidia Route 2

This has the effect of resetting some trainers and other events in the area.

• * The timing of sending out Pokemon has been updated to properly happen at the end of a round, instead of before end-of-round-effects or mid-attack in double battles.
  • * ORAS Megas have been implemented (note: This does not mean already available)
  • * Diancie, Hoopa and Volcanion have been implemented
  • * Heavy Rain, Harsh Sun and Strong Winds have been added
  • * Ally Switch's effect has been altered to switch the user with a Pokemon in the party on -1 priority
  • * The 7th Street and Agate Circus move tutors have been updated to ORAS Moves. A new tutor has been added to each place.
  • * All HMs have been converted to TM-variants and can now be forgotten at will
  • * Quick Jump Tauros have been added to the ends of Route 1, appearing after a certain part of the story
  • * IV Breeding issues should be resolved
  • * Ability Capsules should be more reliable
#---------------------------- Base Essentials changes (v15.0) ---------------------------#
  • * The following abilities have been fixed or technically improved in some way:
  • Abilities activating on damage
  • * The following moves have been fixed or technically improved in some way:
  • Sweet Scent Helping Hand Assist Fling
  • Grudge Destiny Bond
  • * The following items have been fixed or technically improved in some way:
  • Honey Repels Quick Claw Shell Bell
  • Life Orb
  • * Pokémon can now relearn a move it knew when the player obtained/hatched it.
  • * Chance of a wild encounter when using Rock Smash is now 25%.
  • * Fishing was made easier.
  • * AI improvements/tweaks
  • * Weather now tints to time of day
  • * The enemy party balls in battle against two opposing trainers now have 3 balls for each trainer, rather than all 6 for the first trainer.
  • * Pokémon holding Exp Shares now gain Exp even if there are no non-fainted Pokémon who would gain Exp normally from the opponent (e.g. because of Selfdestruct).

Please consider keeping your base E14 file until the E15 release, in case there are any major issues in 14.5 you need to work around. Your save file will be compatible with either version, except in cases of saving in the above-listed areas.

Click here to download!

• Upvote 5

Thanks for the new update!!

Just a thing: route 2 is, for me, exactly as laggy as it was before (even back in ep. 13). It does not bother me, but I was just saying that the lag has not reduced, at least in the first part of the puzzle :(

Based Ame and Dev Team!

It's really more interesting getting an update after one follows it through the Development subforum.

Edit: Finally! My Zoroark's Illusion works!

Edit 2: I found a funny glitch. If you send out pokemon with Illusion and then switch, switched pokemon also has illusionary look of last pokemon in the party. :S

Edited by Jaromir

Those of you having trouble extracting and or other similar issues should try redownloading because we were uploading a brief hotfix after an emergency situation involving a rampaging Mega Rayquaza and a mutant Typhlosion.

Both have been put down and the hotfix should be uploaded now, so please try downloading again.

It appears that in the rush to fix Woobat, the new shiny sprites have overridden the non-shiny sprites instead of the old shiny sprites.

Paste the contents of this zipped up Woobat Fix folder into Pokemon Reborn\Graphics\Battlers to fix the issue:

http://swiftupload.com/92izky

Edited by ReddestDream

OMFL WHAT!!! That's right outside of the grand hall? Imagine starting the game, going to the right and BAM!!! This fucker pulls out a mega rayquaza on you xD. Friggin Savage.

EDIT: OH MY GOD! STARTED A NEW FILE, LITERALLY WENT OVER TO THIS GUY, GET FUCKED UP!!! xD. This is amazing, but needs to be fixed.

Edited by Pyrrhon

This was a surprise. The trainer just outside the main hall to the right. the Scientist guy. yeah um. i think he means business.

OMFL WHAT!!! That's right outside of the grand hall? Imagine starting the game, going to the right and BAM!!! This fucker pulls out a mega rayquaza on you xD. Friggin Savage.

EDIT: OH MY GOD! STARTED A NEW FILE, LITERALLY WENT OVER TO THIS GUY, GET FUCKED UP!!! xD. This is amazing, but needs to be fixed.

If you missed my post on the previous page, this was already hotfixed, just redownload.

Let me guess, Ame, Techie Jonathan?

yes.