Who do you hate most in Pokemon Reborn?

jamesw0102

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I LOVE hating Fern, so I can't really say him.

Victoria.

I don't like Victoria because she impedes your progress knowing what the consequences of doing so are. Yeah her teacher is dear to her, but stopping me from saving a bunch of kids from the same people who destroyed the Reborn City shows a lack of critical thinking.

Plus, I haven't heard or seen anything of her that makes me even like other aspects.

I hated heather and Cal for a while until episode 14 so maybe Victoria will get her chance to shine some day.

BTW favorite character is Cain <3

Edited by fireheart4560

Hmmm.... happiness/grinding. It's just annoying when I try to get a Roselia with Leech Seed so I get to grind it to level 15 and just run arround in circles and visit the salons. Ugh. It's not Reborn specifically, I simply hate it a lot as the general Pokemon mechanic.

Edit: Yes, I know that this is a "who" thread but it annoys me enough to be personified.

Also, Pokesnaxs only work to get them up to a certain point. From there, it's trying to scamper around to find Blue Moon Ice Cream and paying the salons all my monies.

Edited by AuthorReborn

Hmmm.... happiness/grinding. It's just annoying when I try to get a Roselia with Leech Seed so I get to grind it to level 15 and just run arround in circles and visit the salons. Ugh. It's not Reborn specifically, I simply hate it a lot as the general Pokemon mechanic.

Try pokesnax. That can work.

No one actually. I don't have really hate any. But if my least, then aya maybe. I feel that she(in a way) a typical tsundere.

While I don't hate any churucters, the ones I find more annoying are.... Terra and Bennet/El.

Terra is funny, yeah, I know she's all random and everybody loves her, and I do most of the time, but sometimes.... I just feel her to be annoying as fuck, nonsensical and tiring; If that was intended, well kudos because it worked. Also the whole "anarchy" and "because I was bored" bullshit.... on Ryuk I can understand, because he isn't even human to begin with, but are you telling me, that she became bored and the best she could think of to spread the chaos was joining a terrorist team? You can achieve the same amount of chaos playing pokemon in Twitch, just saying...

And Bennet/El are just two faces of the same coin to me. Both so apparently logical, both so apparently moved for love or parenthood, both so focused on them bug types or them ditto-arceuses, both pursuing this or that goal... but in the end they both are just fucked up. Bennet I don't think he even means it, he's more like lost in the world and doesn't really have things clear and everything is new for him outside of his books and introverted world, but c'mon, you love a girl and you help a crazy guy tie her up to a satanic pentagram for a purification ritual? Whaaaaaaaaa?!?

There are others as bad as these but that I do not care about enough to name them before, namely:

-G.Gardevoir: she thinks she can say anything to anyone and get away with everything; her only redeeming quality to me is that she at least cares for Luna and Radomus.

-Aya's mother, as it has been mentioned by some on this thread.

-Amaria: her best friend acted the only way she could think of to save her from commiting suicide, and when she realizes that her friend wasn't actually in love with her but just pretending for the sake of being a LOVING friend, instead of trying to calm down and think about everything Titania had done for her she goes all full-drama mode and jumps off a waterfall; Titania is a harsh character and ok she lied to Amaria, but I can understand that not everybody comes up with the best plans to prevent their friends from killing themselves, she just did what she could because she CARED for Amaria. How is that so different from loving her in the first place?

-Blake: basic asshole, not too different from Fern in that regard, but Fern is "lovable" on its own twisted, inhuman way. Blake is just like an assholic version of Hardy and Fern mixed together: "hey duuuuude, I don't care if I locked and starved a child to death, aight? Duuuuude just chill, see ya losers". Ugh.

-Dr.Sigmund Conehead: he abused children in experiments and claimed them as "legal property". Do I even have to explain this one?

EDITOR's NOTE: I don't really think Fern is a fair option here. Wheatley Fern is not just a regular asshole, he was DESIGNED to be an asshole!!

You cannot possibly love his character because it is very specifically designed, intended, to make you angry, to piss you off, and to force you to wish you could tear him from the inside out with your own two hands. For this reason, and to put it in simple terms, you have to LOVE to HATE him, because it can't be the other way around, like, it just can't.

The rest of characters however, they can be either liked or disliked, there's not just a single standard point of view regarding them.

Edited by zimvader42

Hmmm that quite weird

You definitely know something that we don't

Something either for the character Terra that YOU made or about real life Terra

Or just u don't like her

iirc she said a certain amount of her brain cells fry every time she has to make dialogues for her

and tbh, im surprised shes still sane after everything

or is she

anyway, besides obvious dis-likable villains like sigmund, sirius, fu-... i mean, fern, the only character i currently dont like very much is amaria. i liked her before we found out about her relationship's details, with titania. but i expected a better reaction from her, something better than acting selfish and like a complete irrational baby. i could never see myself reacting like that, if i was in such a situation, it just shows how weak she is. this opinion is subject to change though, depending on whether she'll live or not and how she'll change/develop, for better or for worse yanderemaria confirmd.

iirc she said a certain amount of her brain cells fry every time she has to make dialogues for her

and tbh, im surprised shes still sane after everything

or is she

I don't understand. What is this "sanity" you speak of? This is Reborn, there is no such thing as "sanity" here.

For me there's no character that I really dislike there are aspects of characters I dislike but in the end that's what makes them so real in a sense. It's what makes them human.

I dislike Titania and Amaria's relationship in that Titania enabled Amaria and I dislike the fact Amaria needed to be enabled, but life has a tendency to throw curve balls and sometimes you need a pillar, at the same time after being latched on to how do you leave without hurting the person whose latched on to you? Being honest as righteous and noble as that sounds can hurt a person all the same.

I dislike Laura's constant showing of her own personal weakness and general submissiveness especially to Sigmund, but when you're abused for that long by someone the ability to rebel and stand up for yourself and others is much harder than people recognize I think.

I dislike Benett's and El's obsession with Luna be it out of infatuation or otherwise as the latter's obsession with the concept of power and God in general, but when you're the former, I.E 'The creepy antisocial bug kid in town and you don't entirely understand social boundaries and societies norms when it comes to human interaction. Of course that isn't mentioning the first person that we know to accept him outside of him mother and really have a lasting effect on him. It's understandable that he becomes infatuated with her. Knowing these things the perspective in which you view Benett at least in my case changes slightly. However It doesn't change that fact what he's doing is wrong and incredibly unhealthy, but wrong and understandable are two entirely different things.

In El's case (it's been a while since I've touched on El and Luna's story so I'm probably hella rusty) despite all the wrong he's done, isn't the man still a father and whats more isn't he a father that loves his daughter? His own obsession with Luna his only child (as far as we know) seems a little more real in this paradigm. These two characters, El and Benett also serve as interesting foils for each other when it comes to Luna. (that being said I'd love to know more about El's back story)

This is all to say the writing behind and these characters themselves are all feel very real in a sense they all have what I like to call a three dimensional personality which introduces delicious conflict both in game and even out of game. It questions a sense or right and wrong and most importantly gives you a reason to push forward in a game that's known for its difficulty. A lot of people enjoy and play this game simple to challenge their skills in the world of pokemon, but for me I play this game for the storyline that keeps me at the edge of my seat and forces me to be aware as I play. So in the end I like all the characters in the game as they play their roles so perfectly even Fern who essentially doesn't care what he has to do in order to become the best of the best. That being said I can't wait for my save file to get fixed so I can play episode 14.

On that note my favorite characters are definitely:

1) Hardy because his Gossip Gardevoir interview in game was amazing and he's a character I can really identify with.

2) Saphira: SHE'S PUTTIN' IN THE WORK AIN'T NOBODY WILLIN' TO DO THE WOMAN PUTS IN OVERTIME AND SHE'S MY MC'S ROLE MODEL HERO AND CRUSH TBH. (i'm not ashamed judge me all you want I have headcanons. :/)

Edited by Stealth

• Veterans

Ya Know i love Fern because he's essentially Blue but X100. He has the title SWAG JOCKEY and he was DESIGNED to be an asshole. I can't not like that shit XD. Also he has serperior so THUMBS UP

I fucking Hate Aya though...it's something personal.Back when episode 13 first came out,there was a glitch that happened whenever you lost on route 3. You'd lose Aya and the only way to get her back was to go through all of route 3 again.I fought a certain boss so many times and lost that it wasnt even funny anymore ;~;

Aya's mother. She lets strangers in her house and has no problem cleaning up after violent battles in the room next door, but when I want to ride my Tauros she suddenly cannot handle it? Give me a break, woman! That guy over there is practically LIVING in your house and the grasshole inside is insulting your daughter. You don't care about your children. You don't even care about hygiene! You claim that my "filthy Tauros" is going to mess up your floor when you live IN THE FREAKING WASTELAND!!!! Get off your high horse and let me ride mine wherever I please.

• Global Mods

I know that some characters are designed to piss you off, but judging by personalities:

There's the usual Fern/Solaris/Sigmund stuff, but I have nothing to say that hasn't already been said by most other players.

Bennett is like a stereotypical creepy basement dweller, and was way too influenced by El, who he had just met and done nothing to prove his trustworthiness. If I were Luna I'd have Bisharp pierce through his stomach.

I don't dislike Kiki, but I do dislike how she was all like "I can't just give you Rock Smash because that would disrespect everyone else who worked hard for it". Even though children were kidnapped. The circumstances aren't "I want Rock Smash for free because I'm special!", they're "I need Rock Smash to clear the way to where the children were abducted by a dangerous criminal organization".

Cain and Aya's mom is a bad parent.

I find Blake to be both irritating and boring. Boring because of how apathetic he is about everything, and irritating because of how casually he does the bad things he does.

I don't dislike Titania, but I do find her intimidating. She kind of has a drill sergeant-like personality, and seems like someone you have to walk on eggshells when talking to. Of course, it makes sense for a Steel-type trainer to have a hard personality.

Edited by StrawberryLoveIntervention

I don't actively hate anyone, but Victoria rubs me the wrong way. Victoria impedes you like you're the one who she needs to worry about... despite how little trouble her battles give me, how little she helps me, and how I'm usually the one who has to help her. She doesn't help the plot like the other rivals and gym leaders, who actually do assist you (or in Fern's case, piss you off). She's supposed to be on my side, but I never got the sense, in gameplay or in plot, that I can count on her. Cain is a wonderful ally; I feel like I can trust him when he's around. Fern is a wonderful roadblock; I dread when I have to deal with his smug, asinine face. Victoria is neither of those. She's a poor ally who's either in my way because she doesn't think I can handle something, or she's asking me for help despite all the times she stopped me for one reason or another. And she's an ineffectual roadblock. Her battles never gave me trouble, and in a game where the rivals can actually put up a fight, Victoria does not have my favor.

Saphira is also an iffy character with me. Her attitude intimidates me. I have an idea of what she went through under Sigmund, but when one of her quotes is "And kill anyone who tries to take [what's important] from you" and she has a Dragon-type army on her belt, it feels like she's got a few screws loose... and the strength to act on it if you get on her bad side, and Arceus help you if that happens. She just has this "I'm strong and I'll easily beat you up if you inconvenience me because the only people that matter to me are my sisters" vibe that's both grating and unsettling. If that's how she's supposed to be written, then good job -- she's a well-written character that makes you want to back away from her.

Heather also grates on me. She's a well-written, believable bratty child... and believable bratty children are annoying. Okay, it sucks what happened with her dad, and Sigmund messed her up pretty good, and she's a kid who doesn't know any better, but Heather really doesn't have any redeeming qualities to back it up. I don't know if she trained that Salamence herself, and honestly I doubt it. But seriously, picture a bratty, bitter kid with massive firepower and tell me won't eventually cause some shit down the line.