Least Favorite Pokemon

Wolfox

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You say no more! Rotom-W is love. Rotom-W is life. Rotom-W is my waifu I'd say the Fan form is the worst design wise and in terms of ability.

Inb4 GameFreak releases a computer-like, electric/psychic Rotom form for gen 7 and everyone goes nuts. Anyways, in my opinion the worst should be the lawn mower one, but I don't really care about those since the only one that seems to be ever used is the washing machine one. And I get why.

Aegislash is probably my most hated pokemon, in online battle. I don't hate it truly, i'm ok with it. Just in online made me hate to battle him.

If, then maybe probably the eeveelution.

But i don't have any "angry hatred", just don't care hate.

I don't consider megas as pokemon on their own so I don't mention them in threads of this sort. Still, design-wise, I don't dislike any mega, except for mega-manectric, and maybe mega-pinsir a bit. Other than their design, I don't care about them in other ways for this topic at least, so I do not despise any of them for being either OP or Broken or whatever they're called. That I'll save for when a thread called "Least Favorite Pokemon in competitive battles" comes out, if it even does.

But just out of curiosity, name the mega you despise the most. Just one.

You are right, Mega discussion doesn't belong here... But since you asked, Mega Salamence: silly design + atrociously overkill when it comes to battle prowess...

Normal: Patrat/Watchog - I really dislike these, their designs don't make me think about Pokemon, they make me think about Looney Tunes. Way too cartoonish for my taste.

Grass/Fire/Water: Simisage/Simisear/Simipour - Three lazy and boring designs in my eyes. Their purpose in Black and White was to further cement the Type wheel early in the game because that's clearly not beaten over our heads enough in the series.

Flying: Tonadus/Thundurus/Landorus - I'm really not a fan of these legendaries. I don't know if its the weird tails, the sickly-looking spotted colorations or the weird angry mustache faces, but I just don't think they look good at all.

Bug: Wurmple's Evolutionary Family - Interestingly enough I do like the designs of Beautifly and Dustox, but I really hate everything they stand for. To me, these bugs represent the idea that certain kinds of Pokemon should be repeated every generation and I cannot disagree more, all you get are more mediocre Pokemon that tend to compete for last place with their originals (in this case Butterfree and Venomoth who greatly surpass these two)

Electric: Voltorb/Electrode - I was never a fan and I never will be.

Ice: Vanillite/Vanillish/Vanilluxe - There aren't many Ice types to choose from, but these are my least for ice because their just way too silly for me to take seriously.

Ground: Diglett/Dugtrio - I feel like a mole Pokemon could've looked so much more interesting than this. The charm is lost on me to say the least.

Rock: Probopass - You know interestingly enough I was fine with Nosepass, I feel like Easter Island statues is a bit odd for inspiration but it was different. Honestly I was not a fan of gen 4's Pokedex being half made up of evolutions to make weaker Pokemon stronger. I firmly stand by that if you need to fix a Pokemon's stats, then they should just do it and not feel like they can't rebalance their own game. The mustache here is what takes it to a whole other level of ridiculous to me.

Fighting: Timburr/Gurdurr/Conkeldurr - There are several for fighting type but I went with these three mostly because the whole pop-out-vein thing around their bodies really grosses me out. I have a weird thing about veins that just really creeps me out, like the ones on your hands that you can poke down and that feeling when you touch them... yeash...

Poison: Trubbish/Garbador - Grimer and Muk would've won if it weren't for these two taking "waste Pokemon" to a whole new level of intensity.

Psychic: Gothita/Gothorita/Gothitelle - I'm not loving the six bows or the weirdly shaped body, that and I just find the idea of a Pokemon based on a real-world style of dress to be too silly for me.

Ghost: Cofagrigus - There aren't many Ghost types, but I chose this one because while the other ghost types do look ominous or creepy in some way, Cofagrigus just looks like a joke to me. That and I can't spell its name to save my life, Yamask was so much cooler.

Dark: Malamar - Reminds me of a goofy cartoon alien villain, not the worst of my least favorites since Dark Types are mostly really cool looking to me.

Steel: Kling/Klang/Klingklang - These guys just feel really lazy to me, everything from the design to the name just feels so half-assed.

Fairy: Klefki - This guy can be a pain to deal with playing against it, and the whole keyring thing... yeah I'm not feeling it.

Dragon: Reshiram/Zekrom - Of all the legendaries, these guys just feel so bland to me. There's a lot going on with their designs, a lot of lines and details, but was it necessary for them to have absolutely no color at all? Just one that is entirely white and another that is entirely black. If that's not smashing the Black version/White version concept in your face with a bag of bricks then I don't know what is.

A list of disliked pokemon by type huh? Very interesting, makes me get an idea of all the mons I left untouched in my post, since I was talking purely design-wise, I should have touched a lot more variety of bad designs, but in the end I prefered to write down the 3 I consider the absolute worsts. The three Simi-things I deeply despise because of design, and I had forgotten about it! Thanks for the reminder. And the three moustache-cloud-genies and Zekrom/Reshiram/Kyurem as well, my god how could I forget about the copy-paste forces-of-nature trio and the overly-designed yin-yang-yo dragons... they're on par with Mexie/Azelf/Uxie when it comes to laziness I guess.

As for the idea that some kinds of pokemon should be repeated every genenation, while I do disagree with that approach when it means specifically that (the more obvious examples being the pikachu clones we get gen after gen...although I do like Emolga and Pachirisu though), I think having the same concept re-invented in a couple different gens is actually good and should be done more often.

The butterflies and moths for example; we don't get one every gen necessarily unlike the electric rodents, but it is true we get a lof of them. And that is good in my opinion, because if done right by the designers, you'll get a lot of variety to choose from, and I disagree that they will always be more mediocre and always competing for a place below the originals, because:

-The "mediocrity" just depends on the heart the designer puts on them. If you don't dig the idea of what you draw on the first place, the outcome's gonna be meh.

-Original is not always best or only possibilty (Venomoth, Dustox and Volcarona are moths; the three have their own, unique ways of being awesome).

-Variety is good. Instead of having only Butterfree as THE butterfly pokemon, we have three different approaches to the idea of a butterfly pokemon, from which any fan can decide which one they consider their personal favourite. You cannot say this or the other is the definitive butterfly pokemon, neither the only or best, since there will be always someone who will preffer another, and thus having variety on concepts allows to prevent having cases of "absolute designs". Me for example, I'd love to see another squid pokemon, because Malamar, even though I love it, is not the pinnacle or only possibility of what a squid pokemon can look like.

Aside from that, I agree with all except Cofagrigus and Malamar, given that I love every single ghost type and Malamar is just genius. Garbodor/klefki...sort of... they could never be worse than muk and electrode in my opinion, but meh trashbag and keys, I can understand the whole world's choice on hating them.

Edited by zimvader42

Due to everything it's recently done for me in the Battle Maison, all posts from now on calling Mega Audino a "waste" will be reported as spam. It's a better tank than even Clefable.

As for MY least favorite, Drifloon. Because when I was chaining for a shiny Absol in X, my chain kept getting broken by those things. And after the hundredth time, the cry starts to sound like it's laughing at you.

A list of disliked pokemon by type huh? Very interesting, makes me get an idea of all the mons I left untouched in my post, since I was talking purely design-wise, I should have touched a lot more variety of bad designs, but in the end I prefered to write down the 3 I consider the absolute worsts. The three Simi-things I deeply despise because of design, and I had forgotten about it! Thanks for the reminder. And the three moustache-cloud-genies and Zekrom/Reshiram/Kyurem as well, my god how could I forget about the copy-paste forces-of-nature trio and the overly-designed yin-yang-yo dragons... they're on par with Mexie/Azelf/Uxie when it comes to laziness I guess.

As for the idea that some kinds of pokemon should be repeated every genenation, while I do disagree with that approach when it means specifically that (the more obvious examples being the pikachu clones we get gen after gen...although I do like Emolga and Pachirisu though), I think having the same concept re-invented in a couple different gens is actually good and should be done more often.

The butterflies and moths for example; we don't get one every gen necessarily unlike the electric rodents, but it is true we get a lof of them. And that is good in my opinion, because if done right by the designers, you'll get a lot of variety to choose from, and I disagree that they will always be more mediocre and always competing for a place below the originals, because:

-The "mediocrity" just depends on the heart the designer puts on them. If you don't dig the idea of what you draw on the first place, the outcome's gonna be meh.

-Original is not always best or only possibilty (Venomoth, Dustox and Volcarona are moths; the three have their own, unique ways of being awesome).

-Variety is good. Instead of having only Butterfree as THE butterfly pokemon, we have three different approaches to the idea of a butterfly pokemon, from which any fan can decide which one they consider their personal favourite. You cannot say this or the other is the definitive butterfly pokemon, neither the only or best, since there will be always someone who will preffer another, and thus having variety on concepts allows to prevent having cases of "absolute designs". Me for example, I'd love to see another squid pokemon, because Malamar, even though I love it, is not the pinnacle or only possibility of what a squid pokemon can look like.

Aside from that, I agree with all except Cofagrigus and Malamar, given that I love every single ghost type and Malamar is just genius. Garbodor/klefki...sort of... they could never be worse than muk and electrode in my opinion, but meh trashbag and keys, I can understand the whole world's choice on hating them.

I totally get your point about how there aren't butterfly/moth Pokemon every generation, but they are very frequently repeated. Vivillon was a much better attempt and arguably the best of the butterflies having compound eyes sleep powder/quiver dance/Hurricane. Of the three its the only that gets a strong stab Flying move.

All their stats are noticeably similar. And while their move sets are different to an extent, they really don't have that many differences. For example, you could mention that instead of Grass moves and Air Cutter, Butterfree has psychic moves as coverage, but then you realize its a moot point because they can all use the Psychic TM. Beautifly has Giga Drain, but Butterfree can have it from a move tutor.

Realistically the only differences in moveset is that Butterfree has Poison Powder and Sleep Powder while Beautifly has Air Cutter and Morning Sun. Not really enough variety. I don't think we can only have 1 butterfly pokemon, but if you're going to give us several, then make them different. Hoenn is a really tropical region, why not give Beautifly more of a sun motif (especially considering it got Morning Sun) and give it tools like Flamethrower and Flash Fire. I mean Swarm and Rivalry aren't going to cut it.

My point isn't that nothing will be as good as Butterfree, my point is that we shouldn't focus on making Butterfree 2.0 but instead a different pokemon with something different and new to take advantage of. Flamethrower and Flash Fire certainly wouldn't save Beautifly from being horribly weak but it would at least give it something it can do that the others can't, switch into Fire Types and cause damage to Steel Types

I totally get your point about how there aren't butterfly/moth Pokemon every generation, but they are very frequently repeated. Vivillon was a much better attempt and arguably the best of the butterflies having compound eyes sleep powder/quiver dance/Hurricane. Of the three its the only that gets a strong stab Flying move.

All their stats are noticeably similar. And while their move sets are different to an extent, they really don't have that many differences. For example, you could mention that instead of Grass moves and Air Cutter, Butterfree has psychic moves as coverage, but then you realize its a moot point because they can all use the Psychic TM. Beautifly has Giga Drain, but Butterfree can have it from a move tutor.

Realistically the only differences in moveset is that Butterfree has Poison Powder and Sleep Powder while Beautifly has Air Cutter and Morning Sun. Not really enough variety. I don't think we can only have 1 butterfly pokemon, but if you're going to give us several, then make them different. Hoenn is a really tropical region, why not give Beautifly more of a sun motif (especially considering it got Morning Sun) and give it tools like Flamethrower and Flash Fire. I mean Swarm and Rivalry aren't going to cut it.

My point isn't that nothing will be as good as Butterfree, my point is that we shouldn't focus on making Butterfree 2.0 but instead a different pokemon with something different and new to take advantage of. Flamethrower and Flash Fire certainly wouldn't save Beautifly from being horribly weak but it would at least give it something it can do that the others can't, switch into Fire Types and cause damage to Steel Types

Well, I agree with it if you put it that way. Plus to you, that I find the idea of a flamethrower beautifly amusing XD

My least favorite Pokemon would have to be the one that gave me the most annoyance. And that would be Watchog. Three moves make it my least favorite Pokemon when battling against Team Plasma: Confuse Ray, Hypnosis, and Super Fang.

My god, those were the bane of every run through BW, because they...just...kept...coming...WHY TEAM PLASMA? WHY DO YOU ALL HAVE WATCHOG?

And if you weren't using a fast sweeper, it would say: "Fuck you, sleep and let me take at least half your health, so you can't fight the next trainer without using healing items. And if I feel like it, I also confuse you, so you take out yourself."

It's so awful, it's the main reason why I adore Weavile. Try a monotype dark run, and start with that guy. With it, you mow those reprehensible rodents one by one, shortening the game at least an hour, in my personal experience.

This is gonna be controversial....but Flygon. I used to love flygon but it just always failed me and the process to get it to its final stage was painful. Perhaps i was just using it incorrectly.

Edited by Char

This is gonna be controversial....but Flygon. I used to love flygon but it just always failed me and the process to get it to its final stage was painful. Perhaps i was just using it incorrectly.

I can see that. I'm not sure if it failed me exactly. But it wasn't what I expected. It was just a victim of it's own hype. Or perhaps it was a victim of Reborn