Breeding Guide / Recommendable Sets

Etesian

22 minutes ago, KindleofDreams said:

Just wondering what kind of sets a Rotom-W / H could run in Reborn?

You dont have acces to Painsplit or WoW. 

I was considering a set that used Discharge/Confuse ray with Rest and their "desired move".

Would that be proper in Reborn or is there another reason why Rotoms arent really used much or spoken off?

Rotom is a good pokemon but now that you get it so late that it's basically pointless.In episode 15,you could get it before going to Agate city and later change forms.This pokemon alone could destroy Terra because blizzard has 90% accuracy in glitch field.

But now you get it after the 13th gyms so you can only use it for 1 gym.Also since it's a genderless pokemon,breeding it is an annoyance because I don't think I ever had good IV ditto.The other genderless pokemons I see people use are only beldum line,magnemite or porygon line.

I have just checked one of the move tutor in agate circus teaches pain split.

I think most people have a fixed team after 7/8th gym badges.So getting a new pokemon after 13th gyms seem unnecessary.

1 minute ago, Yagami said:

Rotom is a good pokemon but now that you get it so late that it's basically pointless.In episode 15,you could get it before going to Agate city and later change forms.This pokemon alone could destroy Terra because blizzard has 90% accuracy in glitch field.

But now you get it after the 13th gyms so you can only use it for 1 gym.Also since it's a genderless pokemon,breeding it is an annoyance because I don't think I ever had good IV ditto.The other genderless pokemons I see people use are only beldum line,magnemite or porygon line.

I have just checked one of the move tutor in agate circus teaches pain split.

I think most people have a fixed team after 7/8th gym badges.So getting a new pokemon after 13th gyms seem unnecessary.

Hmm good to know that we can still teach it painsplit.

Well, with Ep 17 not being here yet, I have a little more time to train/breed pokemon that I might want to use.

I'm actually changing up my old team roster because I have more time now to fix it up. So thanks for the feedback!:)

• 4 weeks later...

Hello there guys, sorry for bothering but someone can give me a little hand?
I'm trying to breed this Roserade with all egg moves. Right now I have a Male Roselia with Absorb, Sludge Bomb, Toxic Spikes and Poison Sting and a Female Exeggutor with Worry Seed, Extrasensory, Leaf Storm and Solar Beam. If I hatch the egg on E12, the Exeggcute comes with Barrage, Uproar, Hypnosis and Sludge Bomb, If I hatch it on E16 it gets Leaf Storm instead of SB. Can anyone tell me where is my mistake? Thanks in advance!

Sorry guys, I saw my mistake, I should just lvl exeggcute up lol.

Edited by Trufa

• 2 weeks later...

I dont get it my panpoar knows scald and i have a female buizel.........when i breed them shouldnt it have scald

EDIT: NEVER MIND 

Edited by Gengar768
i WAS DUMB

• 1 month later...

So, I know you can somehow get a beldum in this game and I am planning to try soon. What I'm wondering is exactly how do you breed it for good ivs? The ditto I got also doesn't have good ivs so do I just dump them in the daycare and hope for good luck or is there something I can do to get good ivs? 

Also, if we ever get a legendary pokemon, is it possible to breed them? Otherwise how do you get perfect ivs on legendary pokemon? 

On 17/01/2018 at 5:17 PM, Zander said:

So, I know you can somehow get a beldum in this game and I am planning to try soon. What I'm wondering is exactly how do you breed it for good ivs? The ditto I got also doesn't have good ivs so do I just dump them in the daycare and hope for good luck or is there something I can do to get good ivs? 

Also, if we ever get a legendary pokemon, is it possible to breed them? Otherwise how do you get perfect ivs on legendary pokemon? 

For beldum, what you said is correct in that you need a lot of good luck. If your definition of good is around 20 for each stat, then you basically need to hope your beldum gets those IVs. However, if you wanted perfect IVs, you will need to use a item called destiny knot which allows you to retain 5 random IV stats for your bred pokemon from the mother and father. As you can tell, it is preferable if your ditto does have great IVs beforehand which will speed up this process. 

Legendaries can not be bred unless it is a manaphy which allows you to obtain phione. If you want a legendary with good IVs, you need to save before catching it and hope it has good IVs. 

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 17/1/2018 at 8:17 AM, Zander said:

All legendaries as well as pokemon that can't breed at all (like baby pokemon) all come with 3 max IVs, exactly like how it is in canon games. When legendaries will be available you have to soft reset if you want more than max 3 IVs

• Thanks 1

So I'm right now breeding my perfect Snivy, gotten down to 4 IVs (getting that HP fire is tricky) and I was wondering: what's the best/most advisable set my Serperior can have for a Reborn playthrough? I have a couple things in mind:

Serperior @ Leftovers
Trait: Contrary
EVs: 248 HP / 4 SDef / 4 Def/ 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Giga Drain
- Synthesis
- Leaf Storm
- Leech Seed

But I feel this won't be very effective since Reborn E17 has an awful habit of switching a Pokémon every time I use a stat reducing or status inflicting effect. I leech seed Talonflame at full health, and it immediately switches into something else that would do much less damage. I get this is the AI being smarter and is able to guess these kinds of moves, but having this makes me feel that any sort of status move is a wasted slot: Leech Seed, Acid Spray, Taunt, Confuse Ray, etc.

Serperior @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power Fire
- Leaf Storm
- Leech Seed

Or

Serperior @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power Fire
- Leaf Storm
- Glare

Or should I attempt more uncommon things like a Dragon Tail phazer w/ some physical attack investment, coupled with Taunt and Leaf Storm? Would it be viable and effective? 

Appreciate all answers!

Edited by RedAlert

21 hours ago, Paul25 said:

The glare set looks good. Hopefully, that'd turn off to be a viable and reliable set in Reborn and may assist you a lot during tough battles.

Alright, I'll take your advice. I was wondering whether I should settle with Giga Drain for longevity or Glare for set up opportunities.

Anyways Dragon Pulse is late game stuff, so I'll have both for now :P

(Time for another 10+ hrs of IV breeding again :/)

• Upvote 1

• 10 months later...

Thinking of breeding up a TSpikes Cofagrigus to serve as status and hazard spreader, as well as a physical tank with max defense EVs, Will-O-Wisp, and Hex. What other EVs would you recommend? HP for harder tanking? SpAtk for actually hitting back?

For reference, I'm up to Shade now and the rest of my team consists of slow attackers (Ampharos, Decidueye, Camerupt) and a M-Meowstic with Prankster Dual Screens. 

• 2 years later...
On 1/23/2019 at 2:03 PM, doombotmecha said:

Thinking of breeding up a TSpikes Cofagrigus to serve as status and hazard spreader, as well as a physical tank with max defense EVs, Will-O-Wisp, and Hex. What other EVs would you recommend? HP for harder tanking? SpAtk for actually hitting back?

For reference, I'm up to Shade now and the rest of my team consists of slow attackers (Ampharos, Decidueye, Camerupt) and a M-Meowstic with Prankster Dual Screens. 

Depends on what you want to do in the future. I would go HP/Defense if it's going to be a tank for it's entire lifetime.

If you want to use a Trick Room team down the line, I would max HP and SpA, run a set of Trick Room/Nasty Plot/Shadow Ball/Will-o-Wisp or another attack.

Prankster screens with a Trick Room team is pretty broke.

Edit: And I just realized this is a 2 year old post.

• 1 month later...
On 11/20/2021 at 2:20 PM, Ronan Erudon said:

Depends on what you want to do in the future. I would go HP/Defense if it's going to be a tank for it's entire lifetime.

If you want to use a Trick Room team down the line, I would max HP and SpA, run a set of Trick Room/Nasty Plot/Shadow Ball/Will-o-Wisp or another attack.

Prankster screens with a Trick Room team is pretty broke.

Edit: And I just realized this is a 2 year old post.

Hey, it's fine! I'm only just getting around to beating Titania, so I guess I'm a little late myself lol. I ended up going max hp/def, because it was intended to curse solaris's garchomp and beat him that way, and it served as a fine tank for the time that I used it. I stopped using it after Radomus, I think, since Tspikes weren't as big a priority anymore. That said, I'm on the verge of another big push, and once I beat glass factory I should be able to get the Mawilite, and Trick Room is one of its best synergies, so...perhaps cofagrigus is once again in my future!

• 1 month later...

I'm looking at a Garchomp set which will be one of my mains for when ep19 comes out. I've got the moveset down, but not sure whether to go speed or power.  I also have a Staraptor set for speed too, so I'll include that for comparison.

Power Set

Garchomp

Ability: Rough Skin

Nature: Jolly

Item: Choice Band

EVs: 6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe

Moves:

- Dual Chop

- Earthquake

- Iron Head

- Rock Slide

Speed Set