Breeding Guide / Recommendable Sets

Etesian

Is it possible to get near perfect IV through breeding here in reborn?? I wan't to breed my starter blaziken because he has bad IVs.. like 24 is the highest.. Can I breed him with other pokemons with high IV? , I dont really get how the IV is passed on to the egg..

I see thanks.. sooo in this Ep we use Gen VI right?

Please actually read the guide, everything you asked is already answered there.

Ok so I am following the instructions

"Obtaining Eggs:

1. Select the "Value Between" option in the menu where "Exact Value" is selected by default : 1-511 > New Scan
2. Take a step
3. Select "Increased value" by: 2 > Next Scan
4. (Repeat steps 2 and 3 until there are about 4-5 values left)
5. Remove any that are even numbered.
6. Change the value of remaining ones to 511 and click the check box to the left
7. Obtain Eggs quickly"

I am using Cheat engine 6.4

I follow step 1 and do first scan and a whole bunch of numbers come up in the left part of the engine

I do step 2 and take a step,

Then I follow step 3 and select "increase value by" option and put in 2, then I select next scan all goes well and more values come up

But when I repeat steps 2 and 3 by taking another step and selecting next scan then all the numbers disappear,

What am I doing wrong

I attached an image to show you what I mean

Make sure you don't have a magma armour/flame body on your team, as that makes the egg count change by 4 instead of 2.

Actually, those abilities doesn't work like that.

When you walk the 128 steps the game makes like 2 Egg cycles happen and not one, but the step count should remain the same.

actually, those abilities doesn't work like that.

When you walk the 128 steps the game makes like 2 Egg cycles happen and not one, but the step count should remain the same.

Nah, he got it right. And btw, an Egg Cycle is the total number of steps an egg needs to hatch.

Though those abilities only affect hatching, he's got trouble with egg generation.

Ok so I am following the instructions

"Obtaining Eggs:

1. Select the "Value Between" option in the menu where "Exact Value" is selected by default : 1-511 > New Scan

2. Take a step

3. Select "Increased value" by: 2 > Next Scan

4. (Repeat steps 2 and 3 until there are about 4-5 values left)

5. Remove any that are even numbered.

6. Change the value of remaining ones to 511 and click the check box to the left

7. Obtain Eggs quickly"

I am using Cheat engine 6.4

I follow step 1 and do first scan and a whole bunch of numbers come up in the left part of the engine

I do step 2 and take a step,

Then I follow step 3 and select "increase value by" option and put in 2, then I select next scan all goes well and more values come up

But when I repeat steps 2 and 3 by taking another step and selecting next scan then all the numbers disappear,

What am I doing wrong

I attached an image to show you what I mean

Idk. If you ARE following the instructions properly, it should work. Mess around with it. Make sure the 2 things you put in are compatible. The thing you need to set to 511 goes up to 511, then drops down to 1 and climbs back up; do the first 3 steps, then walk around and keep an eye on the results in CE, find the thing that goes up to 511 then drops, make that 511 and toggle it; try if that'll do it. If that doesn't work, to see if things work at all, get an egg "legit" and try the quick-hatch thing.

Oh, and PM me your answer, don't wanna let this topic get too cluttered (like it's not too late for that already lol)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wow I never knew we had such an amazing post here!. This must have took you a long time (Which is turning me on for some reason!).

I have a question. How can you get Thunderbolt on Mismagius?. As far as I know the only Pokemon that can learn Thunderbolt via breeding is Mareep?

ash Etesian already mentioned googling is the best way to see how can you breed moves on other mons

but you can transfer tbold on misdreavus with stunfisk or elektrik in episode 12

• 2 weeks later...

Instead of opening a new thread, I figured, I'd just post my question here.

So, there's my problem:

I'm working on breeding myself a feebas with scald, ice beam, dragon pulse... now I'm stuck within the first step:

I have a male Panpour with scald and tried breeding it with a female wooper (no special attacks or anything) to obtain a male wooper with scald.

It doesn't work, I get the eggs, I get the Wooper but without scald. Did I miss anything?

Instead of opening a new thread, I figured, I'd just post my question here.

So, there's my problem:

I'm working on breeding myself a feebas with scald, ice beam, dragon pulse... now I'm stuck within the first step:

I have a male Panpour with scald and tried breeding it with a female wooper (no special attacks or anything) to obtain a male wooper with scald.

It doesn't work, I get the eggs, I get the Wooper but without scald. Did I miss anything?

are you sure that you are breeding them in ep12? also check if your panpour didn't learn other move that replaced scald in day care

are you sure that you are breeding them in ep12? also check if your panpour didn't learn other move that replaced scald in day care

Damn, that was too easy. No, I'm on e15. Apart from using earlier versions, there's no way to breed moves such as Ice Beam etc., is there? I don't have e12 on my computer.

Well, thanks anyways :)

Damn, that was too easy. No, I'm on e15. Apart from using earlier versions, there's no way to breed moves such as Ice Beam etc., is there? I don't have e12 on my computer.

Well, thanks anyways :)

Sadly, Gen 6 brought the end of breeding TM moves, thus why we have to revert to e12 to get those through breeding, unfortunately.

Yeah, like Chubb said, link to E12 near the bottom of the guide. Make sure to read the 2 paragraphs below the link, they're general instructions on going back. You might find those handy cause reverting can be...finnicky at times.

• 2 weeks later...

I have two questions, both Milotic related (E15), if they happen to be answered already somewhere I apologize, but:

1. is the only way to get Ice Beam on Milotic is trough breeding or is there a way to get Ice Beam via TM or move tutor in Reborn?

2. the only way to get Milotic with Brine is through breeding. what is the bast pokemon (with Brine, obviously) to use in Reborn?

Thank you.

Reading the guide will answer your first question as well as the Item Guide regarding if a certain TM/Move Tutor is in the game or not.

But to answer your questions, the only way to get Ice Beam onto Milotic atm is through breeding by going to an Episode that had Gen V Breeding Mechanics, any episode before Episode 13.

And regarding breeding Brine, there really isn't a "best" one. If you want to see what mons can breed Brine onto Miltoic, look at this link: Milotic Egg Moves

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

I would suggest a few modifications for Swampert's section: Avalanche can be bred onto Mudkip much earlier via Amaura (available before Luna, whereas the first time you can *officially* put a Bergmite in the daycare is post-Ciel), you can simply use a Bidoof to breed Curse, and Rock Slide is a level up move as of ORAS, so E12 breeding is completely unnecessary for Swampert. Great work otherwise (EQ Archeops is an atomic bomb, it helped me a lot).

Yeah, thanks for letting me know. Most of the guide was made before ORAS and I just haven't gotten around to checking everything again. Also I'm not too too sure about including Amaura/Tyrunt in any chains cause, from what I've seen, most people just don't bother getting those 2 (especially Amaura) because their quest is a freaking pain. Then again, is a thing you can do, so I guess I've got some editing to do.

Sadly no, it is not possible. You'd need a father that can learn two of those moves via TM/breeding (since in gen V only the father can pass down both TM and egg moves) AND learns the third one via level-up, and to my knowledge, no Pokémon fits this description (the only other line that can have those three moves at the same time is the Squirtle line). Though I personally don't recommend Dragon Pulse on Milotic at all considering Ice Beam already hits every dragon super effectively except Kingdra and the Tyrantrum line (plus Reshiram, Zekrom, Dialga and Palkia, but you are really unlikely to encounter them in this game), has the same PP, 5 more base power, chance to freeze and can actually hit 4x super effectively. For Ice Beam and Mirror Coat the chain is also pretty short: Remoraid > Corsola > Feebas, all in E12.

Edited by CMV

I thought so.. On the other hand, I guess I could live with giving it Dragon Tail over Dragon Pulse. That's just kinda my style, using Pokemon with three strong attacking moves of different Types and one status or increased priority move, or Counter, Mirror Coat, or Metal Burst.

Can somebody make a fast guide on how to breed "perfect" mon from scratch?

For example like, having a male Infernape (Hardy, Blaze, bad IV's) and want to breed a 5/6 IV's with Jolly nature and Iron Fist ability. What's the best way to approach this goal?